Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88367 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 21. A new world order.
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2009, 02:16:40 pm »

Sent to mainiac.

Aq: oddly enough, this has been happening to me as well, albeit never more than three times in a row. The randomness of it's occurence is a mysterious matter.
Anyway, have you tried modifying the efs.ini file(in the DAT folder)? Perhaps setting "video_on=0" would help at least with the CD requests.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EOFS PBEM - Turn 20. Cast your votes.[waiting for Pnx]
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2009, 05:14:29 pm »

I believe he does not run 8 labs, and was just trying to be a smart ass by suggesting that he bribed somebody for votes.

Nope, I have no bloody clue where the cash went.  My taxes, skim and upkeep balance out to a few hundred firebirds profit.  I have three labs, knocking me down 1.5k a turn.  So my bit over 6k should have gone to a bit under 5k.  I am completely at a loss here as to where the other 4k went, that's a big chunk of change!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2009, 05:18:31 pm »

What the hell? Are you some kind of a bug magnet or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:57 pm »

Do you have a bunch of units cued up to be built?  If you don't have the resources to build something, it charges the difference to the guild to build stuff.

It would probably give you a warning or confirmation though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2009, 10:04:17 pm »

I think I am a bug magnet.  But I didn't even know a unit cue exists.  Could I have accidentally cued stuff?

Do you guys mind if I exploit the agora to give myself a replacement 4k firebirds?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2009, 11:08:15 pm »

I think we should get Boksi(by asking him very nicely) to confirm the bug first. Perhaps it's just something you've overlooked.

And I don't think that the unit queue exists. What Aqizzar must've meant, was probably the begining-of-a-turn production notifications, with it's tendency to highlight the last type of unit built. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2009, 12:12:24 am »

I never build any units at the start of turn, so it's not that.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:57 pm »

Oh bollocks to that. Why would I mind you getting back your monies. Go ahead, we can analyze the game after we finished playing.

Seeing how bug-ridden your house is, I begin to suspect that you have a secret alliance with symbiots! Rightous RAAGE!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2009, 04:38:48 pm »

And here I was thinking that was my house's reputation. Has all semblance of sanity finally left you and you've begun to confuse what accusation you're throwing at whom?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2009, 04:53:10 pm »

One thing you can be sure of: I'll never ask for more than your lo... wait, not that. Ah yes, this: every accusation that I throw is always unerringly aimed at the Li Halan and their evil leader-witch Chi Kao. I thought that was obvious.
Calling the Decados bug-ridden(or insane, inbred etc.) is a compliment.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2009, 11:01:48 pm »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/PBEM21.sav

The galaxy will sing the praises of the Pancreator this day.  The Spade of Zebulon himself has been recovered!  The Pancreators blessings upon the Li Halan knows no limits.  With the one hand he delivers the cherished gift of peace and a wise regent to be it's guardian.  And with the other, he delivers unto us this most priceless of treasures.

The Pancreators will has been made clear to us.  He has showered his favor upon a humble surveyor named Patsi, leader of a band of poor refugees from Kish looking for a new homeland after the horrific suffering inflicted by the murderous bombardment by the cursed al-Malik.  The strength of righteous men had faltered before the heretics who had stolen this divine object.  The enemy had stood resolute in the face of bombardment from the heavens.  Tanks had broken in the harsh desert, good soldiers were lost fighting the infidel.  Even the fierce might of the powered legions was exhausted by the foe.   But when Patsi's arrived at the head of a small band of militia, the way became clear.  Where the greatest soldiers of Li Halan had failed, Patsi's force secured complete victory.  They may have been few in number and poorly equiped, but they were guided by the divine hand.

House Li Halan can not waver in supporting Patsi's most holy mission.  There can be no more auspicious a sign then for the leader of people in search of a home to find Zebulons Spade, an object which radiates with prosperity.   Patsi's journey to start a city is no longer just a search for a home.  It is a divine quest to go forth and make mighty settlements.  So, let all men heed the Pancreators will!  Patsi shall lead the way towards the land the Pancreator has ordained him to claim.  Let those of strong hearts, follow him in this holy mission, building many cities where the Pancreator has ordained it.  And let all know that Li Halan will allow no one to stand in the way of pilgrims on their holy journey.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2009, 08:42:11 am »

As dawn comes the world twists to bind it....

That means I'm done.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2009, 07:52:37 pm »

Sorry about the delay, I was asleep for 13 hours today.

Pnx, you didn't save the game or something before you sent it.  The turn is still on house Decados, at the beginning of the turn (research and everything).  I did my best not to look at anything.  You'll have to resend it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2009, 09:46:23 pm »

Pnx: do you think you could be somewhat more responsive to PM based diplomacy? Or is that silence intentional?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2009, 03:51:14 pm »

Ok, note to self, when saving don't save as a name extremely similar to the old one. Got it right this time. As for the PM diplomacy, that was sort of intentional, I originally intended to respond but I had to leave then forgot about it the next day. I'll get back to you, apologies for the mess of a game I've been playing.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70