Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88209 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 10. Invasions are fun.
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2009, 06:57:14 pm »

Necrophilia.

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/PBEM10.sav

Interesting turn of events.  I am curious as to how you go your hands on so many warships without the tech for them.  Not particularly frightening turn of events, but interesting.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2009, 04:06:07 pm »

Damnit, Chi Kao, I've got almost twice as many warships above your homeworld than you have. Admit that you're at least worried.
My forces are ready to rain death and destruction on your cities, you know you can't hope to destroy them. Still I'm ready to refrain from obliterating you, should you decide to cast your votes for al-Malik during the next election as well as abandon Criticorum. It's your call.

(found them in ruins)

Boksi, c'mon.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2009, 11:57:20 pm »

Those ships are useless without an invasion...

The bulk of my forces are either A) infantry and immune to cruisers or B) safely tucked away where you can't harm them.  Sure, I have a few stationary guns, but I don't rely on those very much outside the shield generator, so there's no much you can hurt there.  I can even send transports away from the planet if I'm so inclined.

I'm one tech away from being able to produce space combat ships and researching that tech at multiple labs.  I have the money and resources to build more then one ship at once.  So, soon my fleet will be growing, rapidly, while yours will not.

You might bombard a city to dust, but another thirty will remain to rebuild it.  You don't have any path to final victory, while I do.  So, am I worried?  Nah.

If you want to make peace though, I'm willing as I'll ever be.  I don't particularly want to build an expensive navy so soon in the game.  To save my cities, I'd even be willing to bribe you to go away at this point.  I'm willing to offer 4000 firebirds for an acceptable peace.  And no, that number will not increase if you threaten me with the totally awesome invasion force I'm sure you have.  I am very confident in my ground forces and retain my ability to respond quickly to a threat on any inch of Kish.  Further antagonism will not be viewed with good-humor.  Up until now, I have been ignoring you.  But the arrogance of that last demand is enough that I'm considering making you the sole object of my attention.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 10.
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2009, 05:04:51 am »

So be it. Let the games begin.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 10. Boooksiiii....
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2009, 01:08:30 pm »

http://boksi.sitesled.com/BOKSIPBEM10.sav

Seems like I'm lagging behind on all aspects. Military, technology and probably economy too.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2009, 05:35:56 pm »

Turn is sent.

I know I'm lagging in lots of stuff, namely technology and industry.  I've devoted a bunch of forces to capturing another planet, which is going to consume me for a while I'm sure.

Thankfully, I was smart enough to pick Hawkwood to start with, so I've had two gem mines running since turn 3.  In a few turns when my engineers are finished, I can throw some serious industry together to make singularities.

And damn you Palazzo for having the luck to find capturable warships.  All I ever get is Symbiotes or useless artifacts.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2009, 07:39:54 pm »

turn 10 done.

Ruins are a gamble, once I've found two cruisers, two frigates AND a carrier in the first two ruins I've explored. It can be pretty unbalancing, I guess. But then, what's diplomacy for.(why useless? artifact can give you 300 free research points or +8 acuraccy bonus)

(I should've taken 'Insanity' trait)
 Years later, the popular story for Istakharan children described theese events:
"(...)after the battle with numerically superior forces of evil was over, and their beaten remnants dissapeared in the emptiness of space, the valiant Il Palazzo ordered Adolf H., his fleet's Commander-in-chief:
-My brave admiral, set our ships' fusion cannons on those menacing structures on the surface of Kish, for I've received a word from Pancreator Himself, that those are the dens and production facilities of interplanetary pirates. The same ones who raided our homeworld and attacked our unarmed vessel. No longer shall their bloodthirsty captains be a scourge of Imperial Space! Open fire, let us avenge our dead comrades.
And their fleet rained fire on Kish for ten years and a day"(chapter 3 - "Of Il Palazzo's first victory over the Evil Chi Kao")

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2009, 08:40:57 pm »

Turn is sent.

I know I'm lagging in lots of stuff, namely technology and industry.  I've devoted a bunch of forces to capturing another planet, which is going to consume me for a while I'm sure.

Thankfully, I was smart enough to pick Hawkwood to start with, so I've had two gem mines running since turn 3.  In a few turns when my engineers are finished, I can throw some serious industry together to make singularities.

And damn you Palazzo for having the luck to find capturable warships.  All I ever get is Symbiotes or useless artifacts.

Damn, and here I thought I was doing well.  Seems like you have to wake up pretty early to beat you.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 11.
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2009, 11:19:03 pm »

Nice fleet, Il Plazzo.  With eight whole legions at your disposal, you should have no trouble taking the planet.  Cause y'know, I wouldn't bother defending Kish...

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/PBEM11tweak.sav

In other news...
hehehehe
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:28:16 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2009, 11:32:25 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
(i've not a clue what you did, but it's surely terrible)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2009, 11:34:44 pm »

Let me put it this way, it could matter more then everything else I did last turn.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2009, 11:42:04 pm »

You haven't, have you? Noo, you wouldn't. Or would you? Aaah, the aching curiosity, the anxiety...

On a side note: It would've been ten legions if not for certain space pirates. On the other hand, we'd have no reason to send anybody to Kish if not for said pirates.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2009, 10:06:39 am »

http://boksi.sitesled.com/BOKSIPBEM11.sav

And soon my secret plan will be complete. Hehehehehe.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2009, 08:51:21 am »

turn done.

I was wondering, did you leave plague on when setting up the game, mainiac?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:16:03 pm by Il Palazzo »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 12.
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2009, 01:03:53 pm »

I'm fairly certain I didn't.  It was a while ago however.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70