Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM turn 63 - closing comments and analysis  (Read 88196 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 12.
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2009, 02:37:03 pm »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/PBEM12.sav

That was a fun turn.  Btw, Il Palazzo, you lost another transport.  Left it right on the ground in a barely defended city... tsk tsk.  I lost a tank killing it though, so I guess it's a fair trade.

Let's talk peace, Il Palazzo.  Right now, your shipping capacity is down to 6 and there's two jumps between you're planets and mine.  Your ability to invade my planets is basically non existent at this point.  Also, as you can gather from the battle reports, I've got powered legions on Kish while you appear not to.

How you can hurt me: You could try to attack my ships in space.  But that vaunted fleet of yours is a little spread out right now.  As it is, I've got a two frigites and a cruiser to your two cruisers and a frigite.  Sure, you have a shot at hurting my transports, but they're the last ones to get hit in combat, and you can only fire three times a round in space combat.  So you'd be sacrificing at least a frigite and maybe a cruiser at an outside chance of hurting my transports.  I'm nearly to the point where I can start replacing those.  You aren't.

How I can hurt you: Next turn, I start churning out warships and your big ships will already be bruised if you attacked me last turn.  So, if you continue the blockade, your warships will be destroyed over the next few turns and I'll hunt down your transports, leaving you stranded on your homeworld.
However, more importantly, you've got a noble trapped on the surface of Kish now that I killed that transport.  If you attack my ships, I will kill him in retaliation.  That's a permanent loss that can't be replaced, not like a freighter.  I imagine that the troops you have on Kish (I only destroyed 1 legion so far) are of some value to you as well.  Make peace or next turn the cavalry shows up to kill them all.

So, if you want to stop this foolish adventure right now and pursue peace before you've run your house into the ground, here's what I propose.
1)  Immediate cease fire at the start of your turn.  That means that if you attack my ships this turn, the peace is off and I kill your dudes.
2)  I will be allowed to retake all cities on the surface of Kish, afterwards, peace will be resumed.  None of your troops will be harmed in this process.
3)  Renounce all claims on Criticorum.  It's obvious to both of us at this point that you never had any interest in the planet or ability to put many troops on it, but I just want to make this clear.
4)  Both parties acknowledge each others right to make settlements on Malignatius.

Optional:  I am willing to pay to have you renounce all claims on Malignatius.  Seeing as you don't appear to be doing anything on that planet, I imagine that's not too hard.  I am willing to pay with either a lump sum of firebirds at once, several payments of firebirds adding up to a larger sum or with a Bulk Cruiser, to be turned over as soon as it reaches a planet of your choosing (such as Kish, where it could pick up your wayward lambs.)  I don't particularly need this freighter right now and should be able to replace in the not too distant future.
If I am wrong and you do have settlement's on Malignatius, this deal would not require you to abandon them.  However, I would be willing to pay you to allow me to take them over.

Il Palazzo, I really recommend you make peace sooner rather then later.  Once my fleet is safetly on the ground again, you will have lost the last card you have to play while I will soon have the ability to hurt you a lot, as my warship production is going to begin next turn.  My core defenses on Kish are too strong for you to dent and my expenditionary force alone is more then twice as large as your entire expedition.  Yes, you will still be able to cause me some grief and bomb settlements and whatnot.  But I can do a lot more damage to you then vice versa at this point.  I am also offering you the transport capacity you are going to need to remain a power in this game.  That offer will not last if you don't make peace right now.  So, make peace right now while you still have a card to play.

Hey Boski, nice fleet.  Planning to join the war and whatnot?  I wouldn't recommend it, as Il Palazzo's grand offensive is going russian winter on him at this point.

But hey, I really don't want to see you wasting a trip for nothing.  How about doing a little mercenary work while you're there, for good pay.  There's a particularly strong rebel holdout on Criticorum, which is under PTS laser protection and which I can't spare the troops to attack what with my current war and all.

If you kick out the rebels, then allow me to occupy the city, I'll pay you quite well for your troubles.  Also, I can give you food to keep your troops fed while they're on Criticorum.

The food is located in the southern group of settlements.  There's three settlements in the south.  One hex north of the northern of the three, is 20 units of food.  No charge.

The rebels are in the middle of the five settlements connected by road.  The furthest west is the palace.  The next furthest west is the rebel factory I'd be obliged if you were to take down.  Be careful though!  There is a PTS laser in the Palace, so don't land right next to the factory or you'll get shot at!

How much would you charge for this job?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:28:56 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2009, 02:46:24 pm »

yeah, I thought you might get that transport, was tempted to redo my moves. But I never replay the same turn twice, makes me learn on my mistakes.
And no peace for us now, unless you give me all your votes, that is.

here follows a response to your last edit:
Your well advertised 'warship production' can only mean a space fighter/bomber every couple of turns(at best), unless you cheated, which I'm sure you didn't. There's no way you'd be able to produce/afford buying more(15 monopols, 50chems, 50electronics each, if i remember correctly). And even if you build them, they're quite stationary. Meaning: Criticorum will stay vulnerable.
So, what's to stop me from shipping more forces to your planet?
While I might be unable to overcome you on Kish, I'll be causing you a major disturbance in economy and expansion plans, for at least a dozen turns, if not more. Then I might just move to Criticorum. You may cope with it, or accept my demands and enjoy peace.

second edit:
I'm still trying to figure, how exactly can you afford having low taxes, be excomunicated and run multiple labs. Not to mention your reserves, that you're trying to bribe me with. You've got to sell me your secret after the game is over.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 05:49:15 pm by Il Palazzo »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2009, 03:10:02 pm »

http://boksi.sitesled.com/BOKSIPBEM12.sav

House Decados has landed forces on Criticorum. I sure hope house Li Halan doesn't take offence and crush my pitifully inadequate forces under the heel of their mighty war machine.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:45 pm »

I am once again so very glad to have chosen Hawkwood.  Delphi is three jumps distant from the row you've all jumped into right out of the gate, so I've time to consolidate myself.  With any luck at all, I'll be constructing my own capital ships in the near future.

I'm not sure why I'm advertising all this.  At any rate, I've had my look at Criticorum, and it's obvious that my other concerns will occupy me enough for now.  Consider me a neutral observer in this war for the time being.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2009, 06:59:52 pm »

another turn finished.

Yeah. You might consider suing for peace, Chi Kao. My forces did well on Kish, while House Decados honoured the alliance, as expected. You might find it hard to continue fighting without your frigates, damaged cruiser, one lander less, and with Bulk Hauler stranded over Byzantium. Your call.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 13.
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2009, 10:35:37 pm »

http://theamazingjex.googlepages.com/PBEM13.sav

Ouch, lost a ship more then you.  So, what further ability do you have to cause me harm?  What will you do, land a couple powered legions on Criticorum to take down the entire planets defenses on their own?  Send them to Kish to be trapped with every one else?  Maybe you'll save your nobles useless hide in the process but I doubt you'll achieve much more.

So forgive me if I'm disinclined to vote for you at this point.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 13. Boksi's turn.
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:03 am »

bump
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2009, 12:42:38 pm »

http://boksi.sitesled.com/BOKSIPBEM13.sav

So I was forgetting something.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2009, 12:56:36 am »

bump?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFS - PBEM. Turn 14.
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2009, 07:32:13 am »

there. done. next please.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2009, 08:43:21 am »

Sure, wait for the weekend to end before giving it to me.  I'm on to you!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2009, 09:43:24 am »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2009, 11:56:42 am »

http://boksi.sitesled.com/BOKSIPBEM14.sav

Oh dear. It seems I have fewer legions on Criticorum than before. This is a very serious hindrance and not in any way a mere advance scout for my forces.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2009, 11:15:34 pm »

I was wondering, would you guys like me to PM next player everytime I see a turn is finished, or would you rather not have anybody spam your mailbox needlessly? Alternatively, whoever did the turn could PM the next one.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2009, 11:18:50 pm »

I'd prefer if you didn't, but bumping the thread periodically would be fine.  I had planned to do this momentarily when I first saw it, then completely forgot.  Now I have to go to work, and won't be back for hours.  Damn.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70