Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1666258 times)

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #4380 on: November 30, 2010, 08:41:01 am »

Hmm... actually, that's an interesting point.  Does dying cure all rotting and mutations?

Yeah.

I don't know how to post the dump I did just before going up D:1, does anyone knows?

It's in your morgue folder. The game automatically makes a dump file whenever you win or lose, so it'll read as "morgue-blah-blah[character name].txt" instead of "[character name].txt".

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: November 30, 2010, 10:31:23 am »

Remember, if you have vista, it saves to weird spots because it knows better then you where to save.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: November 30, 2010, 10:41:06 am »

Mine went into appdata/roaming/crawl.

And holy hell, that sounds lucky, but also pretty awesome.  Well done.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: November 30, 2010, 12:07:06 pm »

Just had my first 10 rune sprint win. Dr. Feelgood is 100% right about felids. Get to level 3, and then berserk everything that crosses your path. Then get statue form and destroy Zot without any hiccups. On my trip out, I managed to 3HKO a pandemonium lord. Yeah, that's right. 3 hits.

Statue+fly+swift+stoneskin+repel missiles+regen+extension = LOOOOL WIN.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: December 04, 2010, 06:46:48 pm »

Early game. Centaur wanderer specializing in crossbows and axes.
Was looking for a new hand axe after my starting one got corroded and found this:
+4 +2 hand axe "Z" (weapon) {speed, MUT+, rElec, rN+}

Should I use it, or is the MUT+ a dealbreaker?

Edit: Any suggestions for a god? I'll probably just go for Okawaru if I can't think of anything better.
Also: for the first time I've actually found a centaur barding on a centaur character. Woo!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:02:25 pm by DeKaFu »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: December 04, 2010, 07:06:33 pm »

Okawaru's a pretty solid starting god for anything relying on missile weapons, as he provides ammo, which can be sparse early on. If you're running crossbows, it's doubly so until you start running into yaktaurs (which may or may not go yakitysax all over your face, rendering the ammo issue moot.).

As for that axe, I'd probably avoid it, personally, but it depends on how adventurous you are. There are decent mutations, but you're damn unlikely to get any out of a MUT+ item. And by damn unlikely I mean I've fairly sure you won't, as in it's coded so it's not possible or so vanishingly small as to be effectively non-existent. But hey, you might be the one in X million chance.

Though checking the knowledge bot, it causes glow, not direct mutation, so you could use it for a little while. Just know that if it gets major glow, you can be screwed, and I think any glow at all makes it easier for you to be hit. User beware.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:08:14 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: December 04, 2010, 07:36:07 pm »

If it gives you yellow glow, ditch it. Mutations can be a killer, and you need to save your cure mutation potions unless you have some other way of curing them (which is damn unlikely).
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Iden

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Speardwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: December 04, 2010, 07:44:50 pm »

Thought people might find this interesting. It's a bit from the Dev Notes for DCSS.
Some of it is pretty generic dwarfy stuff, while some of it... sounds kind of familiar.....

https://crawl.develz.org/wiki/doku.php?id=dcss:brainstorm:branch:dwarf:dwarven_fortress
Legendary Conversationalist
Legendary Persuader
Legendary Writer of Epics

I support AMMDF!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: December 04, 2010, 07:52:44 pm »

I have a problem.  Vehumet's destructive magic cost reduction... seems to be doing nothing.  Is there now some kind of limit on it?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: December 04, 2010, 09:00:01 pm »

In trunk versions, it's more obvious what it does: It only reduces the cost of the more expensive spells, I think level 5 and up.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: December 04, 2010, 09:33:47 pm »

So do people who have gotten all the runes and the orb get less deaths?
I just got my first rune, was hoping that would mean my skills and choices got way better.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: December 04, 2010, 09:58:05 pm »

I've been using the +MUT axe after all... Since my strategy with this guy is mostly going around with a bow/crossbow and only switching to the axe when the enemy manages to close the distance, I only ever have it equipped for a few turns at a time, so the radiation only occasionally has a chance to build up to the lowest level. Means the resistances are kinda useless, but hey, nice axe of speed. I've got a +2 crossbow and +2 bow and piles and piles of ammunition for each.
Just got to the lair, too. This is the first time I've been this successful with any centaur or ranged character, let alone both. :D

Not that I'm entertaining any notions of actually winning, of course.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: December 05, 2010, 01:31:16 am »

Once your axe skill hits double digits, any other kind of axe will do far more damage than the piddle hand axe.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: December 05, 2010, 04:41:23 am »

Okay, got a character here, Felid Berserker, got a rune already. Cleared the lair, swamp and orc, but wondering what to  next. Been a fairly good character so far, hoping to get to unarmed 20 soon for the attack speed boost. Life as a felid is surprisingly simple.Oh, and I ate myself once.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: December 05, 2010, 06:43:04 am »

Something I recently learned: Alistair's Intoxication + Elven Halls = hilarity.

Once your axe skill hits double digits, any other kind of axe will do far more damage than the piddle hand axe.

Yeah, but the speed brand effectively doubles your rate of attack, which is pretty valuable.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 990