Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072553 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #30195 on: April 09, 2017, 03:43:45 am »

I prefer to focus on one or two shows at a time, and I'm usually already watching an older show so I tend to miss out on almost everything that comes out with each passing season. I can't focus on more than one or two shows at a time or I start to lose the plot. I'm trying to pick out a newer show to watch each time I finish something though, so I'm not just perpetually stuck in the 90's and 2000's.

Now that Iron-Blooded Orphans is over with I'll probably start up Attack on Titan 2. I thought the first season got waaaaay more hype and praise than it deserved, but all the same I'm curious what happens next.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30196 on: April 09, 2017, 03:48:38 am »

Watch Mahouka as a palette cleanser anime.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30197 on: April 09, 2017, 06:05:59 pm »

Is this bullying?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30198 on: April 09, 2017, 10:52:36 pm »

Is this bullying?
I think it's sexual harassment.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30199 on: April 10, 2017, 04:47:57 pm »

I finally got around to finishing Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, and Bravely Second.

I thought the last case in AA was fun, and I was acing it until it got into what I affectionately remember from the older games as 'tin foil hat conspiracy theory' level of crime logic. I did like how a clue to solving the case involved staring at women's cleavage. I then played the DLC case and was sorely disappointed by how puny and inadequate it was.
I think overall AA6 was better than AA5, but the charm and writing of the first three games is still better. I really wish the team that did the Investigations games would come back. I thoroughly enjoyed Investigations 2 more than AA5 and AA6 combined.

AA6 had a stronger main plot and characters than AA5, however I think the episodic cases were weaker. I also found the final big twist in AA6 to be way more impactful than the one in AA5.

Both game's DLC cases are decent at best, although still fairly mediocre when you think back on them.

AA6 has my favorite moment thus far however:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30200 on: April 10, 2017, 04:52:52 pm »

One of the AA cases was weird to me.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:54:45 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30201 on: April 10, 2017, 04:58:37 pm »

So, uh. Tried watching Akame ga Kill, as I was under the impression that it was decently well-regarded.

What a load of cliche-ridden, poorly produced, predictable and lazy shit. If I had no foreknowledge and it was even a tiny bit less serious about itself, I'd have assumed it was meant to be a parody of this sort of show. You could abridge it by having your VAs repeat the real dialogue verbatim and append sarcastic third-person statements along the lines of "He said, with an expression of mild discomfort intended to pass for alarm." Like the best takes they got included the VAs talking shit about the awful show, and they couldn't afford to re-record lines again.

3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30202 on: April 10, 2017, 05:03:40 pm »

Was that the one from the first game? I'm trying to remember.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30203 on: April 10, 2017, 05:10:33 pm »

So, uh. Tried watching Akame ga Kill, as I was under the impression that it was decently well-regarded.

What a load of cliche-ridden, poorly produced, predictable and lazy shit. If I had no foreknowledge and it was even a tiny bit less serious about itself, I'd have assumed it was meant to be a parody of this sort of show. You could abridge it by having your VAs repeat the real dialogue verbatim and append sarcastic third-person statements along the lines of "He said, with an expression of mild discomfort intended to pass for alarm." Like the best takes they got included the VAs talking shit about the awful show, and they couldn't afford to re-record lines again.

Yeah, it's sort of about the SAO level of show. It's above Mahouka by miles, but that's like saying that the sea bottom is above the Earth's core. Akame ga Kill was reasonably entertaining in a dumb way. Fanservice, haremshit, ridiculous battles and over the top edgy death shit. Although to it's credit it doesn't pull the punches on deaths.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:54:36 pm by Reelya »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #30204 on: April 10, 2017, 05:51:20 pm »

Was that the one from the first game? I'm trying to remember.
Yeah, that sounds like Turnabout Samurai.

By the way, @ToonyMan: the team that did Investigations (Takeshi Yamazaki's team) did make Spirit of Justice. They've been responsible for everything after and including Investigations 1, barring Versus Layton and DGS (both of which were projects by Shu Takumi, the series' creator.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #30205 on: April 10, 2017, 07:08:11 pm »

Yeah, it's sort of about the SAO level of show. It's above Mahouka by miles, but that's like saying that the sea bottom is above the Earth's core. Akame ga Kill was reasonably entertaining in a dumb way. Fanservice, haremshit, ridiculous battles and over the top edgy death shit. Although to it's credit it doesn't pull the punches on deaths.
From the main bits that I recall, I didn't mind it too much, but then that was a while ago, when I was an idiot.
That said, what annoyed me most in the show is that all the characters seem to endeavour to break their one-of-a-kind weapons upon death, it's, like, hold off on breaking your shit for two seconds, that stuff took an empire to build and you're just turning it into scrap after every fight.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30206 on: April 10, 2017, 07:22:24 pm »

From the main bits that I recall, I didn't mind it too much, but then that was a while ago, when I was an idiot.
That said, what annoyed me most in the show is that all the characters seem to endeavour to break their one-of-a-kind weapons upon death, it's, like, hold off on breaking your shit for two seconds, that stuff took an empire to build and you're just turning it into scrap after every fight.

The alternative would be the main cast collecting those things like Pokemon cards.

3. Run Resize Enable

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30207 on: April 11, 2017, 07:41:34 pm »

Spoiler: Little Witch Academia (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30208 on: April 13, 2017, 01:38:51 pm »

By the way, @ToonyMan: the team that did Investigations (Takeshi Yamazaki's team) did make Spirit of Justice. They've been responsible for everything after and including Investigations 1, barring Versus Layton and DGS (both of which were projects by Shu Takumi, the series' creator.)
Oh really? I knew Investigations 1&2 and the main Ace Attorney (AA5/AA6) stuff weren't directed by Shu Takumi, but I didn't know they were the same teams. I preferred their spin-off style 2D games.

I'm interested in DGS simply because it's the only one I haven't played.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #30209 on: April 13, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »

Oh really? I knew Investigations 1&2 and the main Ace Attorney (AA5/AA6) stuff weren't directed by Shu Takumi, but I didn't know they were the same teams. I preferred their spin-off style 2D games.

I'm interested in DGS simply because it's the only one I haven't played.
There's a subtitled Let's Play on YouTube, if you're interested. It's not the same as playing it, but it's currently the only way to experience the game in English.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 ... 2193