Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070159 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29175 on: October 02, 2016, 05:17:48 pm »

So the SAO and Mahouka move have simultaneously announced that they're being released next year. Is this a sign of the end times?

So, eh, the two legendarily bad continuities are being merged together into one perfect shitstorm of hack writing? Sounds great, I'll love it... not watching or enjoying the actual material, but people's reactions and assessments of it will be great.

There's more to that than you think.

http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Game_-Crossover-

The authors did a crossover. There is also official promo art of character from Mahouka dressed as SAO and vice versa, because the novels are published under the label, and the games are made by the same company

That's the Shiba's dressed as Kirito/Asuna in the bottom right, official promo material. On the left is Shiba Miyuki and some SAO girl who's name I can't remember. From one of the various ALfheim arcs.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:30:18 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29176 on: October 02, 2016, 05:39:17 pm »

SAO and Makouka crossover?

I am dreaming! the two biggest mary sue characters teaming up!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29177 on: October 02, 2016, 08:00:32 pm »

Hahahaholyshit, there's going to be another SAO.

Why does this franchise still exist again?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29178 on: October 02, 2016, 08:03:26 pm »

That's amazing. What's also amazing is how much enjoyment you can sometimes get from things you don't even like.

Summary sounds disappointingly short, though. I want a full season of Tatsuya and Kirito trying to out-sue each other up a tower.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29179 on: October 02, 2016, 08:07:59 pm »

Positively euphoric.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29180 on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:04 pm »

That's amazing. What's also amazing is how much enjoyment you can sometimes get from things you don't even like.

Summary sounds disappointingly short, though. I want a full season of Tatsuya and Kirito trying to out-sue each other up a tower.
I think Tatsuya would win that one pretty easily; he's, like, the Patron Saint of Sues, whereas Kirito is only a couple of Sue-Tiers above a regular anime protagonist.

Also, from what I've heard, he can hack reality; he probably wouldn't have much trouble doing the same to a video game. Unless I've totally misunderstood how his powers work, which is entirely possible since I've never actually watched the show.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29181 on: October 02, 2016, 08:12:46 pm »

His powers are: Yes.

Like Silver Age Superman except even more of a dick.

3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29182 on: October 02, 2016, 08:21:31 pm »

I've been watching the new DragonBall... It kinda irks me that the current big bads refers to all intelligent life as 'humans'. 
And it also feels like the show interchanges the meaning between earthlings and all intelligent life.  Mostly cause they are basically just screwing around killing earthlings... while there are many more sentient lifeforms waiting to be purged in the name of justice out there.

This is what we call a "shitty sub". He's actually looking to eradicate all mortals. It's the Zero Mortals Plan.

The Japanese word "人間", "ningen", is used for both.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29183 on: October 02, 2016, 08:39:34 pm »

I think Tatsuya would win that one pretty easily; he's, like, the Patron Saint of Sues, whereas Kirito is only a couple of Sue-Tiers above a regular anime protagonist.

Also, from what I've heard, he can hack reality; he probably wouldn't have much trouble doing the same to a video game. Unless I've totally misunderstood how his powers work, which is entirely possible since I've never actually watched the show.
I mean, sure, but that's assuming Kirito's author doesn't rise to the challenge. I'd be a little disappointed if he just bowed out and let Tatsuya's Author Who Is Totally Not Him have it.

That said, it's true that Kirito's at least trying to be a character, whereas Tatsuya is an unrepentant force of nature. It might not be feasible to expect a proper oneupsmanship contest between their authors.

...now if we could get NGNL and Irregular into an I Know You Knew I'd Know You Knew I Knew You'd Know situation...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29184 on: October 02, 2016, 08:48:53 pm »

Eh, it's not like there's not narrative room for kboi to go full godmode. All it would take would be cardinal totally anthropomorphising and going full harem. It's admin access to reality either way at that point.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29185 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:47 pm »

Jesus, he's literally a BullShit Magician?

"Guys, he's totally not a Gary Stu, his appearance is only 3, and he has no talent with magic.. besides his innate talents of course."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29186 on: October 02, 2016, 09:59:18 pm »

No he's a complex flawed character because he couldn't move a 1-inch cube of wood across the floor with his mind, which just happened to be the test to get into magic school. He kicks ass at literally everything else of course.

But his real innate talent is for hoards of girls to fawn over every little mundane highschool-related thing he does, for some inexplicable reason. He takes a shit, 6 girls are outside the stall shouting "Subarashi!" I really wish this was more of an exaggeration than it sounds like. I think one blogger called him the "magical hall-monitor" because he does shit like tick names off a roll and girls comment about how wonderful he did it. It's like it was written by some school nerd to make himself feel better that his nerdy school duties were really appreciated. But that's just one aspect of the series which makes it my favorite bad series. There are so many facepalm-worthy aspects, none of which gel with each other properly.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:10:57 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29187 on: October 02, 2016, 10:21:47 pm »

But his real innate talent is for hoards of girls to fawn over every little mundane highschool-related thing he does
You know, this is one of those rare occasions where it's technically correct either way.

3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29188 on: October 02, 2016, 10:24:48 pm »

Oops. well hordes isn't a word I use very often.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29189 on: October 02, 2016, 10:26:39 pm »

Ain't no thing, 'hoards' might actually even be more accurate here, given that it seems to be the top point on the triangle of obsessions demonstrated by the author.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 ... 2193