Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1811 1812 [1813] 1814 1815 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065030 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27180 on: April 20, 2016, 04:33:19 am »

I keep having to remind myself that it's finished and I can watch the entire thing any time but... I just can't. I used to be really hype for it but now I just can't be asked to rekindle my old interest.

Yes yes I know the last episode has probably been out for a few years now. Shush, I don't keep up with the times.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27181 on: April 20, 2016, 05:13:47 am »

Hellsing Ultimate is friggin' amazing and I am loving the butt out of it.
It's only 10 episodes too, which is both good (doesn't take several weeks to watch) and bad (just not enough vampire action).
Keep in mind that those 10 episodes are around an hour each, so it ends up being longer than several 13-episode shows.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27182 on: April 20, 2016, 02:36:14 pm »

It's a shame that I'm already... uhhh
fractions...
four tenths of the way through.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27183 on: April 20, 2016, 02:37:51 pm »

Ah, you still have plenty to go!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27184 on: April 20, 2016, 06:18:04 pm »

I'm very pleased at how wonderfully stupid "Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto" is.
Picked it up thanks to your recommendation. I was laughing by the 100th second. It's magnificent.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27185 on: April 20, 2016, 06:24:24 pm »

So I decided to pick up Re Zero after much deliberation. My reaction:

What the hell. Nobody told me ERASED and Konosuba had a child!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27186 on: April 20, 2016, 06:41:27 pm »

Watched the first two episodes of Haifuri. Surprisingly good, it reminds me more than a little of golden age adventure SF. Looks like there might be an actual plot behind it, too.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27187 on: April 20, 2016, 10:10:07 pm »

By the way in case any of y'all didn't know, the second episode of Habanero of the Iron Fortress was leaked by Chinese simulcasters and is on nyaa. It's an excellent episode, but I would understand if you'd rather wait for its official release out of deference to those who lost their homes in the earth quake. It's fun to have an MC who's a resilient and badass person in personality though, instead of just in super powers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:14:05 pm by Cruxador »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27188 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:30 pm »

Ah smeg it, I'll post.

Recently watched Bakemonogatari, which was... weird. A lot of the episodes (the earlier ones, certainly) seemed to consist of Araragi sitting around talking to people, for apparently no reason.

I am also sad I cannot find Shigurui :'(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27189 on: April 20, 2016, 10:38:27 pm »

Recently watched Bakemonogatari, which was... weird. A lot of the episodes (the earlier ones, certainly) seemed to consist of Araragi sitting around talking to people, for apparently no reason.
Yes, that's the point of the show. I like it because the conversations have lots of wordplay and double meanings, so the characters are being developed while doing things otherwise unrelated to character development.
Also the fanservice.

I can't find it anywhere legal, if that's what you're asking about.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27190 on: April 20, 2016, 10:48:33 pm »

Yes, that's the point of the show. I like it because the conversations have lots of wordplay and double meanings, so the characters are being developed while doing things otherwise unrelated to character development.
Also the fanservice.

Found it a bit pointless, seeing as they were quite happy to pigeon hole folk into stereotypes. Ah well, different courses for different horses.

Fanservice is for things like Queen's Blade. I may or may not be halfway through the second season.

Or Ikkitousen; I rather enjoyed that.

I can't find it anywhere legal, if that's what you're asking about.

;D

Nah, that's bad. I'll be patient and look for other things while I can't find that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27191 on: April 20, 2016, 11:24:19 pm »

Hellsing Ultimate is friggin' amazing and I am loving the butt out of it.
It's only 10 episodes too, which is both good (doesn't take several weeks to watch) and bad (just not enough vampire action).
Keep in mind that those 10 episodes are around an hour each, so it ends up being longer than several 13-episode shows.
Abridged bumps that up a bit further, and is amazing if you're into that kind of humor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27192 on: April 21, 2016, 04:55:39 am »

Also watched haifuri. Me in my infinite naval wisdom mistook the Musashi for the Yamato. Musashi in RL was Yamato's sister ship and a third, Shinano, was planned to be a third but was convirted into an aircraft carrier halfway through building her. I wonder when Yamato will come into play.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27193 on: April 21, 2016, 05:10:32 am »

Me in my infinite naval wisdom mistook the Musashi for the Yamato.
Yeah I can't tell the difference either. It's good that they have numbers on the side.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27194 on: April 21, 2016, 03:30:13 pm »

So I rewatched Pacific Rim recently, and I figured to myself, I'd like to see NGE since they're kinda similar in certain aspects. Plus I really like the EVA designs that I've seen. Is the thing complicated as far as timelines/series go? Where should one best start with the series?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1811 1812 [1813] 1814 1815 ... 2193