Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1749 1750 [1751] 1752 1753 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067789 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26250 on: February 06, 2016, 04:52:12 pm »

I'm very curious how the new Durarararara season plays out, I don't want to get burned by more Kira all day Kira all night Kira all the time.
They add an extra 'ra' each season right? I don't remember the end of season 1 being very good.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26251 on: February 06, 2016, 06:00:21 pm »

It's from a light novel series just called Durarara!! so they're not going to do that. There are 13 novels in the main series, and season 1 covered books 1-3, so of course you're going to get to the end of that season and most plot threads won't be addressed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26252 on: February 06, 2016, 06:08:34 pm »

I'm very curious how the new Durarararara season plays out, I don't want to get burned by more Kira all day Kira all night Kira all the time.
They add an extra 'ra' each season right? I don't remember the end of season 1 being very good.
Do they? I thought it was just a joke about all the ras in the first place.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26253 on: February 07, 2016, 12:26:25 am »

Just watching Natsuyuki Rendevous. That show had a promising start, it was a solid mix of romcom and drama up to episode 4 ... Only up to episode 4.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:28:53 am by Reelya »

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26254 on: February 07, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »

Do they? I thought it was just a joke about all the ras in the first place.

they dont. the new season is called durarara x2, then the new sub-season cour thing is durarara x2 ketsu

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26255 on: February 07, 2016, 05:25:24 pm »

I'm waiting for the whole season in the latest Durarara to finish before I watch it. Shows like that due to the ensemble cast and slow pacing tend to work best if you binge watch them in as few sittings as possible, I find. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26256 on: February 07, 2016, 05:30:24 pm »

Yeah, plus makes it easier to keep the trillions of plot threads straight. Though they kind of compensate for this in the recent "story so far" part that occurs during the opening song. It tends to show snippets from many, many episodes ago that just happen to be relevant to the current episode.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26257 on: February 07, 2016, 05:38:37 pm »

Another pretty nice episode of Iron Blooded Orphans. I've said it before but it bears repeating, I like how they can do a MS show without being solely about giant robot fights. Here you get those and there's other stuff that's interesting too. Maybe not the character drama as much as the political plays and deals and whatnot.

I also like how it's got a clear end goal and it's moving there without much faffing about, I just hope that this sees more than one season. Possibly the aftermath or hell, even some backstory fleshing out stuff would be cool. In any case, moar please.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26258 on: February 08, 2016, 03:12:00 am »

I hear that a Phoenix Wright anime will be coming out in early April. Any predictions on how it might turn out?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26259 on: February 08, 2016, 03:14:13 am »

I hear that a Phoenix Wright anime will be coming out in early April. Any predictions on how it might turn out?

Too soon to tell. The movie shown that sometimes they can exaggerate his incompetence too far.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26260 on: February 08, 2016, 03:24:29 am »

PW is an IP that has been lovingly cared for in basically every instance there is to mention. All the main line games are great, the spinoffs are great, the live action movie was cheestacular, so I think it goes without saying that a big budget thing like this will be polished feverishly down to the last second of production.

I just want some mo' Trucy and Athena, to be honest.

I was really disappointed that there wasn't more DLC for Dual Destinies. That game was *PRIMED* to receive DLC, but we only got the one costume pack and the one extra court case to buy. It's one of a small handful of games where I'm aching and wanting, my wallet is moist and ready, but the creators are simply not interested in giving me the good stuff I'm so desperately desirous of.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26261 on: February 08, 2016, 05:59:45 am »

I probably said it before, and even in this thread, but Mushishi has my endorsement. I also recommend Eden of the East, and anything done by Studio Ghibli. This excludes Tales From Earthsea.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26262 on: February 08, 2016, 10:41:02 am »

I probably said it before, and even in this thread, but Mushishi has my endorsement. I also recommend Eden of the East, and anything done by Studio Ghibli. This excludes Tales From Earthsea.
I agree with Mushishi and the same statements about Ghibli. Somehow I couldn't finish Eden of the East though. It wasn't bad, but somehow I couldn't focus long enough to finish it.

5 Centimeters Per Second was great. I watched it on a natural impulse, instead of on someone else's urging, and that made me enjoy it even more. That said, I don't mind recommendations. This show certainly lived up to them. My favorite story was the first one because of the relief after how much it made me suffer. It was so good that I'm suddenly realizing I don't remember the other ones that well. The ending song has also found a spot on my 300+ song playlist and I've been listening to it every day.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26263 on: February 08, 2016, 10:46:36 am »

I agree with Mushishi and the same statements about Ghibli. Somehow I couldn't finish Eden of the East though. It wasn't bad, but somehow I couldn't focus long enough to finish it.

5 Centimeters Per Second was great. I watched it on a natural impulse, instead of on someone else's urging, and that made me enjoy it even more. That said, I don't mind recommendations. This show certainly lived up to them. My favorite story was the first one because of the relief after how much it made me suffer. It was so good that I'm suddenly realizing I don't remember the other ones that well. The ending song has also found a spot on my 300+ song playlist and I've been listening to it every day.
The thing with Eden of the East is that I really shipped the protagonists and the romantic undertones were just right, so that might have some bearing on how good I thought it was. This show stuck with me, and that's enough for me to endorse it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26264 on: February 10, 2016, 12:38:44 am »

I just watch an obscure anime from my backlog - Viper's Creed (a 12 ep series). The synposis is extremely similar to the current season's Active Raid, except Viper's Creed is like the super-gritty version compared to Active Raid. Both are about a special paramilitary police unit that uses mecha to fight other mecha attacking a future city, and both squads are under public criticism to minimize damage to their cities. In Viper's Creed most of the characters are battle-hardened war veterans with psychological issues, compared to Active Raid in which the cast are indistinguishable from stock characters from a high-school comedy.

EDIT: "ACTIVE" apparently stands for "Armored Combined Tactical Intelligence Vanguard Element" in one of the most labored acronyms in recent memory.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:57:05 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1749 1750 [1751] 1752 1753 ... 2193