Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1747 1748 [1749] 1750 1751 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061595 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26220 on: February 02, 2016, 06:57:27 pm »

I played Fate/Stay Night's first route, it took me over 75 hours of play time to complete that. As I recall there were two sex scenes that lasted a few minutes each. The scenes are rare and are only there so they can market the thing as "contains sex scenes". The first sex scene is about 2/3rds of the way through that route, so you'd be playing for a good 30-40 hours of story before seeing that scene.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:00:40 pm by Reelya »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26221 on: February 02, 2016, 07:12:06 pm »

Spoiler: Manga spoilers (click to show/hide)

Can you spoil origin for me? I can't figure it out because I haven't read the manga and not particularly inclined to but I am interested as to where titans come from.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26222 on: February 02, 2016, 09:29:01 pm »

Oh. My housemate was like "it's a bridging story whih manages to ruin both stories it's bridging between".

Too bad Fate route is bad, so it's not even a problem if they "ruin it".
Seriously, I have rarely read a story so boring, drawn out, inconsistent, and badly written as Fate route in Fate/stay Night.

I wish I had thought to start screencapping all the times the author contradicts himself back at the beginning, he kept making shit up on the spot without checking what he had written prior.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26223 on: February 03, 2016, 12:41:16 am »

Almost but not quite. The joke is that it looks like it's going to be a trainwreck, but just as you think its about to fall off the rails, it instead jumps off the rails, lands itself on a completely different set of rails, and starts EPICLY MULTITRACK DRIFTING WHILE SCREAMING HOT BLOODEDLY AS J POP PLAYS BEHIND IT.

Surely you mean Eurobeat.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26224 on: February 03, 2016, 12:51:01 am »

Seriously, I have rarely read a story so boring, drawn out, inconsistent, and badly written as Fate route in Fate/stay Night.
Well, it hasn't been adapted yet. Maybe ufotable will do something not-shit with it.

E: Also this: "MyAnimeList Adds Japanese High School PowerPoints to Database as Legitimate Anime"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:05:39 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26225 on: February 03, 2016, 01:07:01 am »

I just finished episode 17 of Macross 7 and-

OH HELL NO

Dear lord that's screwed up. I feel so bad for Gamlin and Physica now :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26226 on: February 03, 2016, 01:07:26 am »

Almost but not quite. The joke is that it looks like it's going to be a trainwreck, but just as you think its about to fall off the rails, it instead jumps off the rails, lands itself on a completely different set of rails, and starts EPICLY MULTITRACK DRIFTING WHILE SCREAMING HOT BLOODEDLY AS J POP PLAYS BEHIND IT.

Surely you mean Eurobeat.

In any other circumstances yes, but this is Symphogear, so therefore it is Idol J-Pop

Well, it hasn't been adapted yet. Maybe ufotable will do something not-shit with it.

E: Also this: "MyAnimeList Adds Japanese High School PowerPoints to Database as Legitimate Anime"

Oh Animemaru how I love you

EDIT: What in the. I somehow didn't even notice that I was double posting. Well this is definitely a signal that I need to go to sleep right away.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:15:24 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #26227 on: February 03, 2016, 02:03:30 am »

(I removed the report magnet post thingies)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26228 on: February 03, 2016, 02:46:36 am »

... *Blinks*.

Anyone seen Aokana?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26229 on: February 03, 2016, 03:21:37 am »

I looked at that. Seems ok, but too many cliches in there to get a show that's going to break any new ground. You have one guy + a bunch of girls + sidekick guy who gets abused by some of the girls. e.g. classic harem. They're in a school club, and that club does a sport in which they have rivals from other schools. You can feel the cogs turning for how this thing is going to go.

Other than that, you've got some cute highschool girls who play a sci-fi sport where they fly with winged shoes, and the artwork is decent. So might be 'ok' for what it's worth. Plot-wise, I wouldn't be holding your breath for anything interesting to happen.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:26:25 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26230 on: February 03, 2016, 03:51:35 am »

So... Sports harem?
It's like they decided to do a cunning reversal of the "no girls in sports anime" meme and somehow turned it into an equally awful clichè?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26231 on: February 03, 2016, 04:15:01 am »

Well it's based on a visual novel. So that explains the set up. The MC is actually the player's avatar from the game and the sidekick + girls are the standard bishoujo game cast. So it's a dating sim type game, but it's got a made-up sport as the theme running through the story.

Walkure romanze was a similar one based on another visual novel, although it's about how jousting has somehow survived as a school sport. It's good if you wants something with intense jousting matches, interspersed with massive buckets of fanservice.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:21:01 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26232 on: February 03, 2016, 04:20:08 am »

So... Sports harem?
It's like they decided to do a cunning reversal of the "no girls in sports anime" meme and somehow turned it into an equally awful clichè?

The whole "no girls in sports animes" tend to be mostly for older ones.

It is far more common for the women to be outright incompetent.

I am more astounded that there aren't any sports animes I can think of that are outright co-ed... Outside "hobby animes" like the Biking one where they challenge Dracula to a bike race (a lot less exciting then it sounds... sadly)

Err wait Initial D, however, DOES have female drivers who aren't incompetent. Albeit only exactly one, and she lost because she was incompetent... but still.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26233 on: February 03, 2016, 04:28:24 am »

animes

I'unno, I don't think there's a shortage of girls in sports anime, just that there's a shortage of girls with any character beyond "moeblob".
Though the whole lack of depth thing often applies to the male cast as well, so it's not a unique problem.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26234 on: February 03, 2016, 04:47:37 am »

By chance I started watching Imawa no Kuni no Alice just now. It's a three episode OVA (adapted from an ongoing manga) in which normal people have been trapped in some insane survival game world. The closest comparison would be to Gantz.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:49:59 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1747 1748 [1749] 1750 1751 ... 2193