Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061228 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26175 on: January 31, 2016, 12:19:45 pm »

Episode number 4 of Grimgar was rather dramatic. I like it. All those flags though.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26176 on: January 31, 2016, 12:23:50 pm »

TBH Grimgar has waved so many death flags that I'm not sure who's going to die unless I spoil myself.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26177 on: January 31, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »

Well this one was like, outright said. Then it kinda happened shortly afterwards. Still, I think it was pretty well done, wondering where they go with this now since it isn't something I was expecting, atleast not this soon into the season.

Edit:

And before I forget. I really like their use of music and montages here. They might be overly sappy at times but it's generally a nice thing as a wind down of an episode, I just hope they don't go overboard with it, since it'd get old if every episoded ended like that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 06:21:26 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26178 on: January 31, 2016, 08:10:30 pm »

Killing off a named character around episode 4 is actually really clever. That gives you a few eps to show the character as an integral part of the team, so the death has some meaning. And it keeps you guessing from then on. You no longer have the security of knowing all the characters are going to survive every encounter: nobody is indispensable and every fight could see another character kick the bucket.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26179 on: January 31, 2016, 09:46:54 pm »

Yeah, you never know when someone might lose their head.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26180 on: January 31, 2016, 10:05:39 pm »

Hng
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26181 on: January 31, 2016, 10:15:43 pm »

Ep 15 of Utawaremono: tFF.
It got less harem-y and more tactical, but I'm disliking the main more and more.
I think it's meant to be a "war is hell" thing but it honestly just makes him seem like a massive coward.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26182 on: January 31, 2016, 10:22:04 pm »

Killing off a named character around episode 4 is actually really clever. That gives you a few eps to show the character as an integral part of the team, so the death has some meaning. And it keeps you guessing from then on. You no longer have the security of knowing all the characters are going to survive every encounter: nobody is indispensable and every fight could see another character kick the bucket.

Yeah, I'm bothered by how well that works despite the fact that it's completely meaningless. Attack on Titan does this well enough that people are convinced that anyone important ever actually dies in it.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:23:53 pm by Putnam »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26183 on: January 31, 2016, 11:41:07 pm »

Hng
High five! Anyone? Don't leave me hanging!

Yeah, I'm bothered by how well that works despite the fact that it's completely meaningless. Attack on Titan does this well enough that people are convinced that anyone important ever actually dies in it.
I've noticed this with Game of Thrones and Claymore; GoT is brutal but not nearly as bad as the memes make it out to be, while Claymore's got no spine whatsoever but still gets described as "Anyone Can Die" or similar nonsense.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26184 on: February 01, 2016, 12:10:16 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26185 on: February 01, 2016, 01:00:04 am »

Spoiler: Still manga (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26186 on: February 01, 2016, 01:16:20 am »

Spoiler: Still manga (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unrelated to any of the above, lately I've been having the strangest itch to create an AMV. Considering that I have virtually no video editing experience, just how inadvisable is this?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:22:18 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26187 on: February 01, 2016, 01:31:07 am »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26188 on: February 01, 2016, 02:03:44 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26189 on: February 01, 2016, 08:54:18 am »

I've never tried to make an AMV but they sound like months of work.
Could still be fun though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 ... 2193