Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1742 1743 [1744] 1745 1746 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061197 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26145 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:11 pm »

Yeah, Grimgar's a pretty interesting slice of fantasy life. So far it's doing it fine, not pretending to be something it's not and isn't all that ambitious. They tried making the fan service reactions be realistic, however I only found them dramatic and rather anti-male. I'm half thinking that one of the females has felt some kind of abuse from men from the past, though that is highly unlikely and I do hope that isn't used, as it wouldn't be all that interesting, honestly.

Kuroko no Basket is pretty dope. Still can't believe I enjoy sports anime.
The smokin' hot mage with the wallflower personality? I'd judge the whole "I'm fat" thing and shyness of being the product of emotional abuse from other girls, in the teen-gossipy way of tearing apart someone who's attractive but not socially adept.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26146 on: January 25, 2016, 10:12:50 pm »

Yeah I got squicked out by the fanservice. They're all what? 14, 15?

Also ganging up on loners and murdering in the apocalyptic wasteland for their hard-earned loot is what bad people do.

I guess I should just stahp watching anime. And pretty much everything. Maybe in nine years everything will be better.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26147 on: January 25, 2016, 10:24:59 pm »

Seriously? The only one who looked or acted that young was the super-edgy dark knight guy. The rest look and sound like they're in their late teens or early 20s, especially the big guy and the super-responsible one that didn't go fight. But then, Japan, I suppose.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26148 on: January 25, 2016, 10:35:12 pm »

I was under the impression that most of them were young adults. The big guy might've been a cook or something.

And yes, this anime is morally gray. You can see that from the fact that they mention it from time to time how the goblins are also fighting for their lives. As far as I'm concerned what they're doing might be sad and considered 'bad', however it's only naive people that think that. The world of Grimgar clearly states that.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26149 on: January 25, 2016, 10:45:47 pm »

Also ganging up on loners and murdering in the apocalyptic wasteland for their hard-earned loot is what bad people do.

But that's exactly what RPGs teach you how to do: "heroes" from a perfectly safe town go to where the monsters are minding their own business, murder them for loot, then blame the monsters for defending their own home against these incessant invaders.

Grimgar could be seen as a deconstruction of standard RPG logic: the heroes are clearly the bad guys. That makes it much more compelling than other D&D-esque series that try and whitewash the whole thing.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:55:49 pm by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26150 on: January 25, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »

Japan has a thing about sexualising minors, if you watch much anime you should know this by now.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26151 on: January 26, 2016, 04:43:01 am »

And their line of "how closely related before absolutely incest" is... Something.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26152 on: January 26, 2016, 04:44:40 am »

"it's okay, they're only identical twins, not closely related at all"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26153 on: January 26, 2016, 04:46:17 am »

They're identical HALF-twins. Stupid westerner.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26154 on: January 26, 2016, 05:24:23 am »

Japan has a thing about sexualising minors, if you watch much anime you should know this by now.
#YokoIs14
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26155 on: January 26, 2016, 09:14:04 am »

#YokoIs14
Squick. Also I've watched a lot of anime so I knew this a while ago. Also I don't think it's Japan, I think it's just creepy dudes. Japan is just Japan so the creepy dudes have a billion dollar creepy dude citadel.

Grimgar could be seen as a deconstruction of standard RPG logic: the heroes are clearly the bad guys. That makes it much more compelling than other D&D-esque series that try and whitewash the whole thing.
Good on Grimgar for questioning the obvious!

Bad on me for ever liking being the bad guy.

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26156 on: January 28, 2016, 04:49:31 pm »

#YokoIs14
Yoko is 14 only by Littner's counting of time. By Jiha's, she's 18.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26157 on: January 28, 2016, 06:46:24 pm »

Still squick, because the age of adulthood is 20 in Japan, not 18.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #26158 on: January 28, 2016, 07:07:46 pm »

Uhh... was there a Lucky Star/Haruhi Suzumia crossover?  Because I found 2 dvds in my basement of "The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumia Nyorop Chuyuru-san" and the art style on the box is pretty much the same as Lucky Star's.
Where the hell did this come from?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26159 on: January 28, 2016, 07:19:51 pm »

Lucky Star and Haruhi Suzimiya were both by Kyoto Animation, and they're a small company - a single production unit who only work on one show at a time. If you look at the staff credits for both series many of the same names pop up.

Those two series were web-series made with computer animation. The Nyoro~n Churuya-san one actually started out as someone's unlicensed comic, but it got popular enough to become a licensed spin-off and get it's own animation series.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:27:06 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1742 1743 [1744] 1745 1746 ... 2193