Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3055329 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25110 on: October 24, 2015, 01:50:47 pm »

I'm way more exited about new Ghost in the Shell movie
Hey, maybe this time it won't get fucked up.

It looks like another one of the Arise films, which weren't bad. Not as good as the first film, but then very few things are.

I can take or leave Innocence, but that soundtrack was even more awesome than the first one.

EDIT: Now that I've seen it, it looks like a trailer for an English dub of the Arise movies. The Japanese dubs were on Netflix several months ago, no idea if they are now.

I'm interested that it's getting a theatrical release though. I hope it comes to my town.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:00:55 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25111 on: October 24, 2015, 06:24:41 pm »

I'd say the only way an anime could be improved is if I was in it.

But I already seen a show where "I" was in it... and it just feels weird and awkward.
Incredible

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25112 on: October 25, 2015, 12:31:08 am »

But I already seen a show where "I" was in it... and it just feels weird and awkward.
Incredible

I am sure everyone has had that happen once in their life. Just a character you see and you go "Ohh my goodness... it is me!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25113 on: October 25, 2015, 12:49:46 am »

Incredible

I am sure everyone has had that happen once in their life. Just a character you see and you go "Ohh my goodness... it is me!"
Well, yeah, though usually when they're establishing the main character's moral superiority for them.

I can only assume Anime Neo was force-feeding himself ramen, commenting on how, just, the ramen had such a great premise that it then refused to explore in favor of shoveling globs of fat down his throat instead, and this was just like that other ramen he had that did the same thing, and the people around him are giving him concerned looks so he assures them that he likes ramen he just keeps running into these problems, but some of it's still good, it's just that cooks as a profession hate vegetables and now there's more concerned looks so you know what don't worry about it, because nothing could ever be as bad as... as that ramen...

Then the camera pans away from the haunted cast of Anime Neo's eyes and things continue.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25114 on: October 25, 2015, 12:55:30 am »

It was actually an episode of Grimm

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25115 on: October 25, 2015, 03:21:10 am »

ffs, I laughed at how dumb the resolution was in the first arc of the new Kindaichi's Case Files. The resolution to the mystery basically required that certain sciences work differently in the Kindaichi universe than they do in our own one, meaning a suspect that you'd have written off as impossible turns out to be the culprit. No, it's not good mystery writing when the "big reveal" relies on science working completely differently in the series, compared to real life. Anyway for anyone who's seen it or doesn't care about being spoiled here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:27:52 am by Reelya »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25116 on: October 25, 2015, 03:27:39 am »

Incredible

Well, yeah, though usually when they're establishing the main character's moral superiority for them.

I can only assume Anime Neo was force-feeding himself ramen, commenting on how, just, the ramen had such a great premise that it then refused to explore in favor of shoveling globs of fat down his throat instead, and this was just like that other ramen he had that did the same thing, and the people around him are giving him concerned looks so he assures them that he likes ramen he just keeps running into these problems, but some of it's still good, it's just that cooks as a profession hate vegetables and now there's more concerned looks so you know what don't worry about it, because nothing could ever be as bad as... as that ramen...

Then the camera pans away from the haunted cast of Anime Neo's eyes and things continue.

Kickstart it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25117 on: October 25, 2015, 03:28:31 am »

Nah nah nah, you'd need a Patreon for that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25118 on: October 25, 2015, 03:29:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did they not even bother to half-ass justify it with "lol magic spells"?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25119 on: October 25, 2015, 03:32:49 am »

No nothing. There's not supposed to be any supernatural element in Kindaichi.

And Kindaichi even pointed out he had evidence about who dun it in an earlier episode. So they did at least foreshadow the killer. That's both good and bad at the same time, as I'm fairly certain that at least one victim died after Kindaichi saw this quite incontrovertible evidence. So it's like "Oh, 100% proof that you are the culprit. I guess I'll just wait and see if you murder anyone else to be sure".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25120 on: October 25, 2015, 03:39:21 am »

I am not sure sometimes if you guys are joking or taking shots at me xD

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25121 on: October 25, 2015, 03:50:54 am »

No, I'm fully serious about the Kindaichi stuff. It's just coincidence that we both saw the same series.

For the food critic stuff the other guys are doing, that's just friendly ribbing.

But you're nowhere near the worst for faux critics. There's one guy on myanimelist who's profile claims he's seen 1000's of anime yet gives about half of them 1/10. I mean, if someone is sitting through 26 episode shows and going "this is horrible I can't take the eye cancer anymore!" the entire time, and does this for hundreds of shows, not just the occasional one, you gotta ask why someone like that dedicates so much of their life to things they clearly cannot stand in the slightest.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:57:19 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25122 on: October 25, 2015, 03:59:58 am »

And Kindaichi even pointed out he had evidence about who dun it in an earlier episode. So they did at least foreshadow the killer. That's both good and bad at the same time, as I'm fairly certain that at least one victim died after Kindaichi saw this quite incontrovertible evidence. So it's like "Oh, 100% proof that you are the culprit. I guess I'll just wait and see if you murder anyone else to be sure".

He... does that a unusually high amount of time. It would actually be an interesting character trait if the writing was self-aware because a lot of the time his priority is entirely on solving the case over anything else. Sometimes even just letting people die because it isn't part of the mystery (no really... one mystery he just lets a guy die because "Not my problem")

For the food critic stuff the other guys are doing, that's just friendly ribbing.

But you're nowhere near the worst for faux critics.

Ok good I am glad, I am a bit worried about it.

It works a bit better when I have a good and bad anime and give reviews of both... or when I split my reviews into "What I liked and what I didn't like". Though right now I don't have an anime I care about commenting on (Fairytail is good, but it is a simple show in my mind) that could get a good section.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25123 on: October 25, 2015, 04:21:02 am »

I think the issues in Kindaichi are a consequence of the tropes used in the series' construction. It's one of those cases where the assumptions of the series prevent the writer from being more creative (Hell Girl was also like that) while still staying true to the series nature.

Basically, for each set of murders in Kindaichi, the motives of the villain is "justified revenge", so you have the logic of the "revenge tale" where the murderer systematically hunts down the betrayers. Such a tale has a inevitable logic to it (avenger usually meets a tragic end themselves, but only after dishing out the revenge).

And then Kindaichi is around while these revenge murders are going on. So you've got the "amateur sleuth assisting the police" trope working simultaneously through the "revenge tale" from above. Kindaichi thus cannot prevent the murders because that would circumvent the inevitable logic of the "revenge tale", he can only act once all "traitors" are dead, even if by rights he had enough information to act earlier or could have prevented the deaths, the plot or his own actions must conspire to ensure he does not interrupt the "revenge tale" until it's too late.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:32:04 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25124 on: October 25, 2015, 04:28:52 am »

I started up Baki the Grappler. Goddamn is this is manly man's show. I'm thinking I'll definitely see this through to completion.

IF ONE IS BORN A MALE, ATLEAST ONCE IN HIS LIFE HE'LL DREAM OF BECOMING THE STRONGEST MAN ALIVE!
Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 2193