Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061953 times)

Jarvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23310 on: July 08, 2015, 09:21:07 pm »

Heh, a friend of mine and I also like to watch animes and talk about them over Skype while we're watching. It is a pretty fun way to watch.

Also, thanks for the explanations for Rebellion's ending. It made more sense to me when I mulled over it a bit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23311 on: July 09, 2015, 12:52:45 am »

Just watched the first few episodes of KanColle. On the one hand, ugh more moe kawaii-desu~, on the other the concept is amusing even if the tropes aren't. Re: episodes three: On the one hand, they threw up an entire bin worth of death flags, but on the other at least they stayed loyal to the original material and actually let a character die.

Most importantly, though, Kongo's Engrish. That's the best thing. Also the ending theme is great.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #23312 on: July 09, 2015, 01:38:19 am »

Hey guys!

Have you seen the new series of Dragon Ball?

It's awesome! I'd like to see more episodes of it...
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23313 on: July 09, 2015, 02:45:39 am »

Waiting for the dub. I will never again make the mistake of watching DBZ with Japanese voice actors.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23314 on: July 09, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »

I don't have any particular nostalgia for the dub (it was long off the air by the time I got really in to anime) and subs are how I typically watch anyway, so that's how I watched DBZ and probably how I'll continue watching Super.

The censorship doesn't really bother me so much as the fact that it's really jarring and poorly-done. When Frieza gets chopped in half at the end of the Namek saga they just cover half the screen with a fuzzy black bar, like somebody just covered the animation with their hand. Very cheap and lazy.

The consistency in performances is nice, as well. I think some of the actors in Super are the same as those in the original DBZ, or else they're very good imitators.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23315 on: July 10, 2015, 01:55:26 am »

I've become pretty meh about whatever weird anime-related stuff comes along, so I'm not often left jaw gaping and going "WTF Japan!" like I was just now:

Apparently they're releasing Strike Witches-themed pachinko machines across Japan. So they have all your nekomimi WWII panty-shot magical rocket-legs lesbian-plane-girl needs covered while drinking and gambling. And not only that, there are three entirely new episodes of the show that are only available to view on said pachinko machines.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:57:22 am by Reelya »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #23317 on: July 10, 2015, 04:28:36 am »

have all your nekomimi WWII panty-shot magical rocket-legs lesbian-plane-girl needs covered while drinking and gambling
* Orange Wizard frantically books plane tickets to Japan.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23318 on: July 10, 2015, 09:02:46 am »

I don't have any particular nostalgia for the dub (it was long off the air by the time I got really in to anime) and subs are how I typically watch anyway, so that's how I watched DBZ and probably how I'll continue watching Super.

The censorship doesn't really bother me so much as the fact that it's really jarring and poorly-done. When Frieza gets chopped in half at the end of the Namek saga they just cover half the screen with a fuzzy black bar, like somebody just covered the animation with their hand. Very cheap and lazy.
Was that censorship only in japan? I don't ever remember that much from the original dub run. Hell Cartoon Network technically allowed dripping (purple) blood. I know with the Kai runs that all the wounds were blackened like they were cauterized and such but wasn't present in the disc release.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23319 on: July 10, 2015, 09:48:05 am »

Which brings to mind, do the DVD versions of JoJo's Bizarre Adventures have the censorship removed?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23320 on: July 10, 2015, 10:12:34 am »

Yep
It's FEF, not FEOF

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23321 on: July 10, 2015, 10:19:29 am »

Always assume the DVD release is uncensored and better quality animation.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23322 on: July 10, 2015, 11:12:23 am »

I was just wondering because I sure HOPED it was all removed, because lords has censoring gotten a bit daft lately.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23323 on: July 10, 2015, 01:43:36 pm »

Spoiler: Lol Chaos Dragon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:59:02 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23324 on: July 10, 2015, 01:49:46 pm »

Spoiler: Lol Chaos Dragon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 ... 2193