Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058442 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #22500 on: May 07, 2015, 04:44:31 am »

I'm almost starting to think anime just isn't for you.
You attack my right to enjoy an entire medium of entertainment

How do you even read that like an attack?
Because it is. It's a passive-agressive attack. If you didn't want to attack him, you wouldn't have posted what you describe as "your thoughts" in the written form with the intention of him to read it.
._.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: May 07, 2015, 04:47:59 am »

I'm almost starting to think anime just isn't for you.
You attack my right to enjoy an entire medium of entertainment

How do you even read that like an attack?
Because it is. It's a passive-agressive attack. If you didn't want to attack him, you wouldn't have posted what you describe as "your thoughts" in the written form with the intention of him to read it.

Pff. Why would I bother with attacking a stranger on the internet? I have better things to do. All I'm saying is that it seems there might be sources of entertainment more suited for him. If you wanna read that as an attack, you can do that, but that wasn't my intent at least.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22502 on: May 07, 2015, 04:51:16 am »

Lets... just move on

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: May 07, 2015, 06:15:58 am »

Lets... just move on
I agree, but you do keep kind of catching on people.

...so! Watched a few episodes of Zero's Familiar, for some reason. I'm finally seeing some of what people talk about when they say it had a neat premise. "Fancy nobles get one possibly extraplanar Pokemon." Also doll summons, yaaaaay!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22504 on: May 07, 2015, 06:28:35 am »

Oh, that reminds me, anyone seen Tiger&Bunny?
I like it, the first episode has some pretty blaring CGI (especially when it's painfully obvious the faces are still handdrawn while the mask around it is CGI, and that one dude who has an exposed face as CGI too.) but it gets better with the animation for it and it starts looking way more fluid and all around more buttery.
It's based around a world where at some point in the future 50 years ago people started popping up with supah powahs, they called them NEXTs, and quite soon, a television show developed around the ones with stronger moral compasses, kinda making a reality show outta heros.
That's not what the show focuses on, though, as awesome as something like that might have been, it mostly goes around focusing on the personal relationships with the main SuperHero characters, and I quite like it, so you guys might too.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: May 07, 2015, 06:29:18 am »

Protip: don't try to go search for Familiar of Zero's fanfiction. You will drown. Severely.
._.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22506 on: May 07, 2015, 06:42:25 am »

Is Fairy Tail any good?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22507 on: May 07, 2015, 06:46:13 am »

*waggles hand* It's pretty decent. Same general vector as stuff like Rave Master or One Piece. I wouldn't call it amazing, but it's not terrible painful to read/watch or anything.

And do search through ZnT's stuff, just... be discerning. It's fanfiction -- occasional nice stuff with great heaping mounds of drivel. Maybe go check the fanfic rec thread, it gets mentioned more than once in there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:47:45 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: May 07, 2015, 07:17:21 am »

Is Fairy Tail any good?

It definitely starts off strong. The first two arcs being the best in the entire series.

If you even wanted to feel what it would be like to have relevant and competent female characters for two arcs... BAMN!

The exact moment though the entire series starts becoming bad is probably... if I had to guess... the Tournament Arc...

Currently in the series it seems like it miiight be turning itself around but just be wary that once the tournament starts there is nothing to redeem the series that follows for a long time.

I think it is worth checking out.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:20:09 am by Neonivek »

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22509 on: May 07, 2015, 07:18:26 am »

There was an Okami ZnT fanfic that was quite nice (much WAFF). I forget what it was called but there was another that promoted itself as ZnT 'with all the fluffy stuff removed' or somesuch, which diverted far from canon (rare) even if it was a power trip, that was interesting as well (I liked the characters).

I was introduced to Haibane Renmei by a friend over the week end and have already finished it. It's very slice of life-y which usually isn't to my taste but I really do like the flavour of the series and that I've come away from it wanting to know more about the setting, very refreshing. I'd recommend watching the first two or three episodes if you haven't done so and see if you like it-- I know that I was pleasantly surprised.

I can't offer any inut of FT since I can't stand battle shounen most of the time and FT really doesn't seem to stand out from the pack.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: May 07, 2015, 07:22:54 am »

Is Fairy Tail any good?

It definitely starts off strong. The first two arcs being the best in the entire series.

If you even wanted to feel what it would be like to have relevant and competent female characters for two arcs... BAMN!

The exact moment though the entire series starts becoming bad is probably... if I had to guess... the Tournament Arc...

Currently in the series it seems like it miiight be turning itself around but just be wary that once the tournament starts there is nothing to redeem the series that follows for a long time.

I think it is worth checking out.
Hmm, interestingly the English Dub currently only goes up to the Tournament Arc...so it apparently gets worse from here? :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: May 07, 2015, 08:17:51 am »

There was an Okami ZnT fanfic that was quite nice (much WAFF). I forget what it was called but there was another that promoted itself as ZnT 'with all the fluffy stuff removed' or somesuch, which diverted far from canon (rare) even if it was a power trip, that was interesting as well (I liked the characters).

I was introduced to Haibane Renmei by a friend over the week end and have already finished it. It's very slice of life-y which usually isn't to my taste but I really do like the flavour of the series and that I've come away from it wanting to know more about the setting, very refreshing. I'd recommend watching the first two or three episodes if you haven't done so and see if you like it-- I know that I was pleasantly surprised.

I can't offer any inut of FT since I can't stand battle shounen most of the time and FT really doesn't seem to stand out from the pack.
The name you're looking for is Summoning the Sun, I think, as far as the fic goes.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22512 on: May 07, 2015, 08:27:02 am »

Hmm, interestingly the English Dub currently only goes up to the Tournament Arc...so it apparently gets worse from here? :(

Sadly...

The Sun Village Arc looks like it COULD be picking up... and that is just two-three arcs after where the English Dub stops.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: May 07, 2015, 12:49:34 pm »

Lets... just move on
I agree, but you do keep kind of catching on people.

...so! Watched a few episodes of Zero's Familiar, for some reason. I'm finally seeing some of what people talk about when they say it had a neat premise. "Fancy nobles get one possibly extraplanar Pokemon." Also doll summons, yaaaaay!

There's also a lot of pretty cool stuff going on in the background that doesn't even show up until much later (in the LNs -- the later seasons of the anime devolve into 100% mindless fanservice). The whole summoning schtick is half the reason why it's so popular for fanfiction, that's a tailor-made canon way to insert literally whatever character you want. The other, of course, is stuff like (without being too spoilerish) the Windstone crisis, the elves, what's going on with the Pope, the drama with the Gallian royal family, &c.

re: fics: Well no shit you gotta be discerning, Sturgeon's revelation and all that. A good starting point is with EarthScorpion, both AGSItV and Overlady are fantastic, and both rely on a failed summoning rather than "X character is summoned instead of the dickish pervert."

No time for a proper overview 'cause I'm sitting to take the GRE in about ten minutes, ciao!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: May 07, 2015, 02:57:18 pm »

'Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis' Second Season Announced
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1380814

Count me as down for that, the first season was way better than I expected or what the source material would have implied.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I feel like Bahamut turned out to be the new Samurai Champloo, only in a fantasy setting.
What do you mean it'll be a new Samurai Champloo? What do you consider Samurai Champloo to be? Keep in mind that I've actually watched Samurai Champloo. Never seen Red Oni, Blue Oni as extremely as in SC without being cartoony.

What I meant was that the structure is very similar, with a alternating silly / serious (and often violent) plot about three adventurers going on a journey with two of them wanting to kill each other.
As a whole it would probably appeal to fans of Samurai Champloo; At least, that's what I felt when watching it.

Oh, that reminds me, anyone seen Tiger&Bunny?
I like it, the first episode has some pretty blaring CGI (especially when it's painfully obvious the faces are still handdrawn while the mask around it is CGI, and that one dude who has an exposed face as CGI too.) but it gets better with the animation for it and it starts looking way more fluid and all around more buttery.
It's based around a world where at some point in the future 50 years ago people started popping up with supah powahs, they called them NEXTs, and quite soon, a television show developed around the ones with stronger moral compasses, kinda making a reality show outta heros.
That's not what the show focuses on, though, as awesome as something like that might have been, it mostly goes around focusing on the personal relationships with the main SuperHero characters, and I quite like it, so you guys might too.

Tiger & Bunny was good, I think if some studio managed to make a big video game based on the Hero TV concept it could be pretty amazing (in theory).
Sky High best hero.
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2193