Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060088 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21390 on: March 03, 2015, 06:26:29 am »

I guess Zero no Tsukaima does? Though it's kinda ecchi, and to be completely honest I never got past the second season.
Most anime nowadays are all about cultivating the single relationship though, like SAO and such are doing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21391 on: March 03, 2015, 06:34:07 am »

I saw most of the second season (not hard, most of it is filler) and they pretty remake the love triangle again with additional people.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21392 on: March 03, 2015, 09:21:12 am »

Here is an odd question

Have you ever wanted a Harem or Live Triangle to resolve... Not because it is tired and trite

But rather because you want to see at least one of the relationships develop instead of staying friend and never advancing because then they would have to actually get outright romantic?
Well, they could be classy and go with behind the scene and subtle references... you don't need to outright shove the romance lovey dovey in the face all the time.

On a technicality, that girl getting whacked in the uhh... Parasyte(? I don't actually know the name of if.) anime might be an example of what you want there, but they arn't at the being-a-couple part yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21393 on: March 03, 2015, 10:03:55 am »

Parasyte the Maxim, if that's what you're talking 'bout.

Chuunibyou seems to have that in spades. A love triangle happens, briefly, and is sorted out in what I can only assume is the perfect possible way, albeit including dragons.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21394 on: March 04, 2015, 12:26:02 pm »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Spoiler: UQ Holder (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21395 on: March 04, 2015, 02:28:01 pm »

I guess Zero no Tsukaima does? Though it's kinda ecchi, and to be completely honest I never got past the second season.
Most anime nowadays are all about cultivating the single relationship though, like SAO and such are doing.
It's an excellent example of series which perpetuate the harem. The LNs just kept adding more girls and avoiding real resolution right up until the author died.

Unsurprisingly that is among the many, many things that the better stories written for it deal with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21396 on: March 04, 2015, 02:35:59 pm »

Sword Art Online hits that idea kinda backwards. First it develops a main couple, then it keeps adding girls in the "If you drop him for a second he's mine" type of scenario. Not quite a harem since all the secondary characters seem to have some sort of "she got there first" agreement with the main one, but it's only one breakup away from being a harem.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21397 on: March 04, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »

Though note well some of the supplementary material for that series is... more blatant regarding the harem antics. Significantly.

I'd tentative recommend checking out some of the LPs floating around for the games, actually. They're sorta' good for a cringe-y kind of laugh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21398 on: March 04, 2015, 02:44:34 pm »

Yeah, so I've heard. It's nice to hear that the anime reigned it back a bit. Normally you end up with animes that go the opposite direction, adding more harem stuff in rather than pulling it out.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21399 on: March 04, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »

The games are amusing because the updated expansion for the first one added in another non canon girl, but since it had a different writing team she wound up being better written with a more interesting subplot than all the canon characters. (Admittedly it helped that 90% of the original game was just creepy harem shenanigans and nothing else)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:55:51 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21400 on: March 04, 2015, 02:56:59 pm »

Sword Art Online hits that idea kinda backwards. First it develops a main couple, then it keeps adding girls in the "If you drop him for a second he's mine" type of scenario. Not quite a harem since all the secondary characters seem to have some sort of "she got there first" agreement with the main one, but it's only one breakup away from being a harem.

Mahouka too...it would be a harem except that, to quote from volume 5, cleverly entitled "summer break" ...
I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered.
Such a fine piece of writing.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21401 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:38 pm »

Recent chapter from best face manga. They finally confessed but not to the guy. Even if class rep's love is pretty much doomed I'm still rooting for her.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21402 on: March 04, 2015, 07:18:31 pm »

On this episode of Gundam Build Fighters Try

Ok I have to admit while this battle means a LOT less than it really could be... It is quite smart as a way to show everything the final team can do without it being a curb stomp battle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All in all it is just another episode of "OHH MAN! The Finale will be so awesome guys I promise", which I am sure it will be... Only two more episodes to go until the Finale (or possibly 1, but I have a feeling we will have filler right before it)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:59:10 pm by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21403 on: March 05, 2015, 03:20:45 am »

Yeah, so far I've refused to see the second halves of SAO season 1 and 2.
Which my roommates find hilarious and infuriating. I'm like 'hell no, they do bunches of awesome stuff and then just screw around on a dang fairy game for half a season'.
Am I actually missing out?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21404 on: March 05, 2015, 04:10:49 am »

The second half of Season 2 was amazing IMO. It had ALL THE FEELS. :'(

Season two basically went GGO coolness -> 5 episode filler thing -> awesome Asuna arc. The filler thing was pretty pointless, but the Asuna arc was definitely good (and gets a fair shot at the best part of the whole show so far IMO).
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 2193