Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059213 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21420 on: March 06, 2015, 08:48:25 pm »

Can anyone suggust some Sci-Fi Anime? I've started Ghost in a Shell, but I'm interested in ensuring I have a list to watch so I don't get bored.

Which gits?

There's more than one? That's good to know, thanks!
What level of Scifi hardness are you looking for?

Some of my favorites was Gundam Seed (and Gundam Seed Destiny) and Code Geass, although I've seen enough bits and pieces of Steins;Gate to say it'll probably become my Favorite.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21421 on: March 06, 2015, 09:01:50 pm »

... someone actually speaking positively of both SEED and Destiny? I think that's the first time I've ever seen that happen O_o

Which is, uh. I probably wouldn't particularly suggest either, myself. They're probably among the weakest of the gundam series in terms of... most everything. SEED, at least, has produced some pretty interesting fanfiction, though -- it's a fairly interesting setting once various issues are tinkered with. S'just the series itself kinda' doesn't do that.

That said, reference to notable sci-fi anime probably requires mention of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, since it hasn't been yet.

... I still need to watch it, actually >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21422 on: March 06, 2015, 09:16:32 pm »

"Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu" = "Legend of the Galactic Heroes". Same thing. I just used the original titles cut/paste from myanimelist, should have translated it I guess.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21423 on: March 06, 2015, 09:18:34 pm »

Ooh. Whoops.

... well, seconding it, then, I guess.

Also apparently the 2008 space-based RTS thing has an amazing soundtrack. It's been a while since I've actually seen someone go through with putting massive space battles set to classical in a video game.
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21424 on: March 06, 2015, 09:26:45 pm »

Can anyone suggust some Sci-Fi Anime? I've started Ghost in a Shell, but I'm interested in ensuring I have a list to watch so I don't get bored.

Which gits?

There's more than one? That's good to know, thanks!
What level of Scifi hardness are you looking for?

Some of my favorites was Gundam Seed (and Gundam Seed Destiny) and Code Geass, although I've seen enough bits and pieces of Steins;Gate to say it'll probably become my Favorite.

Well on that note, have this handy dandy Gundam chart.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21425 on: March 06, 2015, 09:42:02 pm »

I'm just imagining that as a season chart from an alternate universe where Gundam completely took over the anime market.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21426 on: March 06, 2015, 11:24:33 pm »

Seasonal anime requirements sound like they could be hilarious.

"Next season, vampires are in vogue. No, you may not have anything without vampires in it. Get to work."
"This season, all anime will include racing. Yes this does make returning series from last series vampire racing anime. Good luck!"
"Now it's time for the apocalypse season. Series hoping to continue past this season without the use of time travel may want to wait a bit to catch next season's inspiration."

I mean, I'm sure it'd ruin everything in practice, but the idea is fun.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21427 on: March 06, 2015, 11:37:02 pm »

Seasonal anime requirements sound like they could be hilarious.

"Next season, vampires are in vogue. No, you may not have anything without vampires in it. Get to work."
"This season, all anime will include racing. Yes this does make returning series from last series vampire racing anime. Good luck!"
"Now it's time for the apocalypse season. Series hoping to continue past this season without the use of time travel may want to wait a bit to catch next season's inspiration."

I mean, I'm sure it'd ruin everything in practice, but the idea is fun.
Sounds like a good idea for a yearly competition along the lines of 7DayRL. Winner gets to be broadcast in next year's season.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21428 on: March 07, 2015, 02:46:47 am »

I'd think that forced limitations would probably create things that are genuinely more novel and interesting. Whereas with total creative freedom people are free to rehash the same boring junk as always.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21429 on: March 07, 2015, 02:30:17 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21432 on: March 07, 2015, 06:29:09 pm »

How... does that actually have a story?

Edit: Just wiki'd it. Looks like a fun one.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:36:58 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21433 on: March 07, 2015, 06:33:34 pm »

A manga doesn't need a story to get adapted. There's plenty of episodic animes without a ongoing story.

---

I started watching the sports anime Ace of Diamond back in 2013, thinking this would be a 26 episode series. Turns out it was 52 eps, but they tacked another 23 episodes on before the season ended, so 75 episodes, and I'm thinking this shows finishing soon. but then they just announced a season 2 to start straight away in April.

It's not quite up with the greatest sports animes, but it's OK and pretty fun to watch. The show sucked at first because the MC is really annoying. But they soon switched to a team focus, and it has the typical sports anime flashbacks for how different athletes from each of the teams ended up where they are. So, anyone who's watch a lot of sports anime will recognize the pattern, some dude is pitching a ball, or sliding into a home run, then they have an 8 minute flashback explaining how they got where they are in life. I know why they do this, because it's a darn sight better than just showing you the "moves".
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:54:50 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21434 on: March 07, 2015, 06:45:26 pm »

One-punch does sorta' have a story, though. At least the prettier manga does. It's definitely mixed with episodic stuff, but there's a sort of overarching plot direction and whatnot, at least up to whatever's been translated so far.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 2193