Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 [1296] 1297 1298 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058237 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19425 on: September 22, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »

It would be a better idea to let people nominate and vote for suggestions just to make sure that a) there's a variety of shows and b) that there's actually people watching them as opposed to one guy who just happens to like a thing.

Add some tag-like things and short descriptions so people get an idea what to expect from it.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

No, this doesn't mean that this should be a thing.
Okay I like this idea, now we just need someone with absurdly large amounts of time and patience and willingness to manage this all.

Oh wait:
I would not mind trying, meself. I wake up way early, have no way to get back to sleep, and nothing really to do between those 2 hours between my waking and the time I actually have to get up. Not to mention the time I get during the day...
I have way too much time on my hands.
Time, Check. Willingness, Check. But do you have the patience to manage it all, especially using Darvi's idea I quoted above? If so, I won't say anymore.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19426 on: September 22, 2014, 04:36:49 pm »

I do have the patience, yes. Probably. We'll see when I start, won't we?
So, I'll use MyAnimeList, yes? Make my own club or whatever it is and use that and...
Can you discuss things on the club?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19427 on: September 22, 2014, 04:41:11 pm »

I doubt it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19428 on: September 22, 2014, 04:42:51 pm »

I don't like anime. My friend reads manga and she calls me a "Yandere" or a "Tsundere" or other strange words and screams KYAAAAA when she is happy.
The only anime I liked was Corpse Party because I love parties involving corpses. And gore.
You should try Afro Samurai, Baka-kun. N-not that I want to recommend you anime or anything, I was just talking about it anyway!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19429 on: September 22, 2014, 04:46:14 pm »

Right. We'll be using this for suggestions, then?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19430 on: September 22, 2014, 04:58:31 pm »

That wasn't exactly a hope-bolstering reply, but here's hoping.

Anyways...Once we have a set up going I may contribute a bit, as I'm sure there's others like me with weak stomachs who could use opinions from all sides.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19431 on: September 22, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

Okay I like this idea, now we just need someone with absurdly large amounts of time and patience and willingness to manage this all.

No, not really, since myanimelist clubs let you create extra admins, and anyone can create their own forum topics there, so it's easy to split up the work and "hand over the baton" if someone is bored with it or too busy.

The idea of voting on recommendations is pretty good, but that requires we have a lot of people participating and a lot of discussion per series. There are other clubs that operate like this, but they have a lot of members to vote on things. They use the clubs forum space and create polls on each series. With a smaller crew it's probably more effective to pick one genre at a time, e.g. sports animes, then brainstorm a "best of" list. Using the forum space in the club we can have separate recommendation / discussion threads for anime, manga and visual novels.

btw use the club I made in the discussion. You don't need to make another one, I can make bay12 regulars as admins there.

Toonyman already signed up. that's a whopping 2 members now.

To make it easier to find, I sigged the link:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:30:35 pm by Reelya »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19432 on: September 22, 2014, 05:50:37 pm »

No, not really, since myanimelist clubs let you create extra admins, and anyone can create their own forum topics there, so it's easy to split up the work and "hand over the baton" if someone is bored with it or too busy.

Already covered that...to which Darvi's idea also covers via the vote for general concensus basing but how I covered it was when I said:
but involve several people, it becomes harder to keep bias out.

Anyways, regardless of what we do, I myself will only put forth any suggestions once I see what kind of pace and flow we have going on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19433 on: September 22, 2014, 09:57:55 pm »

I put up a thread for VNs, since I figured somebody else could do manga.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19434 on: September 22, 2014, 10:57:15 pm »

. . . Also what anime is this from? (Its GUNINANRUNIN's avatar at the time of posting.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What animu is this gif from?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19435 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:55 pm »

AngelBeats, I'll post here for posterity as well.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #19436 on: September 22, 2014, 11:00:57 pm »

. . . Also what anime is this from? (Its GUNINANRUNIN's avatar at the time of posting.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What animu is this gif from?
LoL you beat me getting here.

Thanks
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19437 on: September 22, 2014, 11:11:31 pm »

Oh, cool.

Huh. How long has Crunchyroll had AngelBeats? Don't answer that, rhetorical. I know what I'll be doing instead of college work tonight.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19438 on: September 22, 2014, 11:31:11 pm »

I watched it start to finish about three years ago. It had it's moments, and the humor was great, but.. I don't know. Not particularly memorable. I did finish it on my own though without stopping, so that's saying something. It's definitely interesting.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19439 on: September 22, 2014, 11:49:47 pm »

I happened to watch it in the right (wrong?) mood and it hammered those feels buttons way too hard for the state of mind I was in. T'was probably the first thing to make me cry for a solid six or seven years at the time. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 [1296] 1297 1298 ... 2193