Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064455 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18510 on: July 29, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »

I don't usually watch a lot of anime but now I'm on vacation and I watched cowboy bebop during the long drives and it's great c:
(that's all)

Good follow up: Black Lagoon

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18511 on: July 29, 2014, 08:58:11 pm »

Spoiler: UQ Holder ch 44 (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18512 on: July 29, 2014, 10:14:24 pm »

I'm in the mood for a long, comedic series, preferably a modern setting with sci-fi or fantasy elements. Sgt. Frog is a perfect example, but I've already watched that entire series.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18513 on: July 29, 2014, 10:35:48 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:39:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18514 on: July 29, 2014, 10:43:08 pm »

I'm in the mood for a long, comedic series, preferably a modern setting with sci-fi or fantasy elements. Sgt. Frog is a perfect example, but I've already watched that entire series.

Excel Saga?

Yep, I can say for certain that definitely fulfills ALL of the requirements.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18515 on: July 29, 2014, 10:50:00 pm »

Plot summary looks a bit more serious than I was looking for, but I'll check it out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18516 on: July 29, 2014, 10:51:12 pm »

Plot summary looks a bit more serious than I was looking for, but I'll check it out.

Well it is a very serious show... >_>

----

Wow the dumb anime I was watching because I knew it would be bad, but hopefully entertaining too (unfortunately... the show is mostly REALLY drawn out... as I said before it had three episodes do what was really worth maybe 10 minutes of content), actually had a good episode.

It was weird because it has been rather dull, overly comedic, and drawn out.

Then BAMN! an episode with lots of content, character driven drama, and every second used. It was like I was watching a completely different show... It even had a decent cliff hanger too that I know won't work because that would end the anime (hence why it isn't a good cliffhanger, it is too "yeah right")

It wasn't even afraid to put the less important characters, for the episode, into the background instead of shoehorning them in. Everyone was in character and even the villains had motivations beyond "I am evil ha ha ha ha!". It world built and added prejudice without making it preachy... The episode was flawless.

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING!?!

This is probably the most drastically different "good episode of a bad anime" I ever seen. I mean I've seen better episodes in other animes... but they were usually good animes to begin with.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:54:39 am by Neonivek »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18517 on: July 30, 2014, 04:55:49 am »

What anime is this?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18518 on: July 30, 2014, 05:07:17 am »

What anime is this?

I am kind of embarrassed to fill that information in... I will say I have talked about it before...

and maybe it is Avengers Disk fighters or whatever it is called...

Don't watch it... it was just one good episode out of a lot of dullness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18519 on: July 30, 2014, 06:58:37 pm »

Reading Mirai Nikki. Really interesting concept, lots of good tension with the whole "kill or killed" survival game where everyone involved can predict the future to a limit.

It also has a girl involved who's stalking the MC. For a year, before the manga starts up. Stalker girl be cray cray. Stalker girl multiplies the tension of the survival game tenfold.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18520 on: July 30, 2014, 07:20:42 pm »

So I just started watching Gurren Lagann.
It's pretty fucking good. The style of the characters reminds me a ton of FLCL(prolly cause Aniplex) I definitely didn't expect a dude/bro/MANLY MAN like Kamina.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18521 on: July 30, 2014, 07:30:04 pm »

The style of the characters reminds me a ton of FLCL(prolly cause Aniplex) I definitely didn't expect a dude/bro/MANLY MAN like Kamina.

Which isn't too surprising. The people who made/animated FLCL also made Gurren Lagann. Or at least the same company did.

Also it gets better, trust me. I can't say if it lives up to the hype, but Gurren Lagann definitely comes close.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18522 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »

Yeaaaahhhh riiight-! You mustn't have read 'The Groaning Drain'.   c:<

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18523 on: July 30, 2014, 08:28:01 pm »

Yeaaaahhhh riiight-! You mustn't have read 'The Groaning Drain'.   c:<

For some reason it was The Woman Next Door that got to me, because of a thing with windows.
That, The Hanging Balloons, and of course Uzumaki.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18524 on: July 30, 2014, 08:31:03 pm »

Reading Mirai Nikki. Really interesting concept, lots of good tension with the whole "kill or killed" survival game where everyone involved can predict the future to a limit.

It also has a girl involved who's stalking the MC. For a year, before the manga starts up. Stalker girl be cray cray. Stalker girl multiplies the tension of the survival game tenfold.

Just be warned, it gets weak at the end.
Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 ... 2193