Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064617 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18480 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:52 pm »

Starting!? It's Eva. Without a punching bag/apprentice/moral compass around.

And yet she's taking the time to teach Touta, give him Magia Erebea, etc.? We haven't seen Eva go full-on Dark Evangel on anyone in ever. I mean, seriously, maybe ever. We know she can, but except for the one time she tried to break out of Mahora, I don't think she's been maliciously attacking anyone or perpetrating evil.

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #18481 on: July 24, 2014, 12:41:54 am »

had an idea for an anime.

a LOT of green hair anime girls standing close together, so that you can't see the ground.

they talk, and it's slowly revealed that they are anthropomorphized plants, specifically, blades of grass. drinking raindrops, basking in sunlight, etc.

a giant human male appears over them, and they all cutely cry out "Sempai!, We love you!" and such.

then he starts the lawnmower, oblivious to their sentience.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18482 on: July 24, 2014, 12:45:22 am »

0_0

It is terrifying. And also hilarious. Seriously. I can't stop laughing. Why is the wholesale oblivious massacre of sentient grass SO FUNNY.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18483 on: July 24, 2014, 12:46:13 am »

* LordSlowpoke adjusts glasses

fund it

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18484 on: July 24, 2014, 12:47:33 am »

The girls would be fine. Grass grows from the bottom of the stalk upwards, which is why mowing your yard doesn't instantly kill all of it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18485 on: July 24, 2014, 12:50:53 am »

Usually oddly colored hair in Anime is just meant to be on the art side and usually the odd colors are stand ins for real hair colors.

Blue for example tends to be black and Green tends to be Brown.

It is rare that I see a anime where the odd colored hair is actually meant to be the color we see.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18486 on: July 24, 2014, 01:20:09 am »

i dont get why so many people were surprised when mami
there was plenty of foreshadowing that
maybe it would have being unexpected to somebody more familiar with the genre
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18487 on: July 24, 2014, 01:34:03 am »

Starting!? It's Eva. Without a punching bag/apprentice/moral compass around.

And yet she's taking the time to teach Touta, give him Magia Erebea, etc.? We haven't seen Eva go full-on Dark Evangel on anyone in ever. I mean, seriously, maybe ever. We know she can, but except for the one time she tried to break out of Mahora, I don't think she's been maliciously attacking anyone or perpetrating evil.

Also,

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. One side being bad doesn't make the other side good.

It might just be my read on Eva, but the vibes I get are partially "I'm actually not a terrible monster but I like to play the part," and partially "Life would be boring if I just killed everyone." When you're the undisputed most powerful person in a setting with Negi and Jack Rakan you have plenty of room to play games.

* LordSlowpoke adjusts glasses

fund it
For some reason this instantly made me think of Gendo. FFFFF-

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18488 on: July 24, 2014, 01:36:54 am »

Blue for example tends to be black and Green tends to be Brown.
In my experience it's been
Blue = brown
Green = Redhead
Purple = Black
Silver & Pink = Blonde

One example of Blue=Brown is Naoko Takeuchi's depiction of a Brunette Mizuno Ami in that one image she did depicting all the Senshi as typical-haircolored people. Strangely it also showed that Pink = Blonde as Chibiusa had blonde hair in it too.
But it doesn't back my Green=Red & Purple=Black parts though...

But like i said, the above list i provided is from what's been my experience.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18489 on: July 24, 2014, 01:39:13 am »

hm i always thought hair colour was just a convenient way to distinguish characters ive never heard of them representing a real colour
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18490 on: July 24, 2014, 01:42:45 am »

hm i always thought hair colour was just a convenient way to distinguish characters ive never heard of them representing a real colour
In my experience, it's just what "typical" personalities these Blue-haired, and Green-haired Anime character tend to have being typical of our Browns and Reds respective for example.
I really don't care to compare them, but it came up a long time ago in my family when i showed them an anime guy with bright freaking blue hair, my sister and mother said he had to have dyed his hair cause he hated brown or something, and well...for me, it just rolled from there.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18491 on: July 26, 2014, 12:36:33 am »

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/25/macross-and-robotech-re-release-planned
please don't fuck this up Harmony Gold, please don't fuck this up Harmony Gold, please don't fuck this up Harmony Gold, please don't fuck this up Harmony Gold, please don't fuck this up Harmony Gold, please don't fuck this up Harmony Gold.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18492 on: July 26, 2014, 01:57:31 am »

Macross? Getting a legal production run in the West? In my lifetime!?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18493 on: July 26, 2014, 03:59:40 am »

Macross? Getting a legal production run in the West? In my lifetime!?
What a time to be alive, maybe we finally get those official dubs for Macross 7 Macross Frontier

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18494 on: July 26, 2014, 05:11:45 am »

It's been done before. Didn't help the lawsuit issue:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Super_Dimension_Fortress_Macross
Streamline Pictures then released Robotech Perfect Collection: Macross on VHS in the summer of 1994, combining two English subtitled episodes of Macross and the corresponding dubbed episodes of the Robotech adaptation in each volume. This was the first English subtitling for Macross, but it contained unedited video footage with incomplete and mistranslated English subtitles and was cancelled after eight volumes and 16 episodes.

The series was originally licensed in North America by AnimEigo, who restored the series and released it unedited on DVD with Japanese audio and English subtitles. t first a limited edition pre-order boxset across nine discs was released on 21 December 2001. Preorders were available on AnimEigo's web store. Three smaller boxsets, each comprising three discs, were released from 10 September 2002.[19][20][21] Finally, AnimEigo released nine individual volumes. In 2003 Madman Entertainment released a six-disc PAL format version of this edition entitled Macross Ultimate Collection.

In the summer of 2005, ADV Films announced that it would be releasing an English dub of Macross on 10 January 2006. This is the first complete, unedited English dub for Macross, and featured Mari Iijima returning to reprise the role of Lynn Minmay.[5][22] However, the voice actors used in the dub were not the same as those used in the 1985 Robotech adaptation.[23] This version was released by Hulu for online streaming in the United States in February 2010 and was removed in February 2013.[24]

So, despite Harmony Gold being asshats, there have been a few releases of the original version along the way. Even though Harmony Gold only ever had rights to the first season, they flip shit more about sequels than they do about re-releases of the first season in Japanese (probably don't see it as a competitor to their dubbed version). Maybe they're getting a cash cut out of all those ADV releases and the like, but there's no way they can convince a judge to give them a cut of Macross Plus/7/Zero/Frontier.

Basically, they want to control "sequels" to Robotech, their biggest cash-cow ever, in the American market and actual Macross sequels are seen as a direct threat to controlling the franchise. BTW Robotech sequels are the saddest thing you can ever lay eyes on.

Funnily enough "Macross II: Lovers Again" actually got a dubbed American release. None of the original creators worked on that, Harmony Gold's partners Tatsunoko in Japan developed it on their own before Shoji Kawamori & co. wrangled control of the franchise back. And Macross II is considered the worst Macross: like the "Star Wars Holdiday Special" of Macross (i.e officially it doesn't exist now). It not *really* that bad, run of the mill 80's sci-fi anime, and interestingly, it fits way better with the Robotech feel than it does in Macross.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:18:28 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 2193