Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075689 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15150 on: September 12, 2013, 10:07:20 pm »

Hello, I am trying to get into anime as it is, and I am kinda lost. I did watch Madchen und Panzer, and a while back (Oh hormones) I watched HotD. So, what are some good shows for me to watch?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:15:52 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: September 12, 2013, 10:12:42 pm »

Watch anything animated by SHAFT. They specialize in fan service and mind fucks. Right up your ally if you stomached the mind fucking of everything you know about physics in a form of fan service in Highschool of the Dead.

Highschool DxD if you want that fan service with good action.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: September 12, 2013, 10:15:03 pm »

Ah, I never said I needed fanservices. I just remember that slightly younger me, (?a year ago?) watched it for that.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15153 on: September 12, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »

Then what do you want to see? Action? Adventure? Comedy? Drama? Boobs?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: September 12, 2013, 10:19:31 pm »

Ah, thats just it, I dont know. I would say action probably? But I wouldnt want it to be a straight gore fest. I prefer things with development, etc. The whole thing is, the one friend I know who watches anime is no help.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: September 12, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »

"Attack on Titan" is pretty popular right now.

"Watashi Ga Motenai No Wa Dou Kangaete Mo Omaera Ga Warui!" aka "It's not my fault I'm not Popular" for some mean spirited comedy.

"Kotarou-san" I'd recommend only if you don't mind mood whiplash between funny and soul crushing sadness in a span of few seconds.

"Senhime Zesshou Symphogear" seems to be know as the Macross take on magical girls.

"The World only God Knows" is a different take on harem genre, almost a parody.

That's the interesting ones on the top of my head.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15156 on: September 12, 2013, 10:30:41 pm »

Alrighty! Thank you, I will probably check a few of those out. IF anyone else wants to chip in as well, I am still open to suggestions.
Thanks though!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: September 12, 2013, 10:35:55 pm »

Try Trigun or one of the Gundam series (I personally recommend the original Mobile Suit Gundam overall. but the age shows in the art style, which not everybody likes). The former involves a Western-type world that humans colonized at some point. The main characters are the legendary person-of-mass-destruction Vash the Stampede, and a pair of insurance adjusters trying to deal with the massive collateral damage that is inevitable when he's around. At least, that's where the first episode starts.

The Gundam franchise is the original "Real Robots" series, where giant piloted mecha are mass-produced weapons of war rather than Power Rangers - type unique super creations. The intro sums it up thusly:

It is the year 0079 of the Universal Century. A half century has passed since Earth began moving its burgeoning population into gigantic orbiting space colonies. A new home for mankind. Where people are born and raised… and die. Nine months ago, the cluster of colonies furthest from the earth called Side 3 proclaimed itself the Principality of Zeon and launched a war of independence against the Earth Federation. Initial fighting lasted over one month and saw both sides lose half their respective populations. People were horrified by the indescribable atrocities that had been committed in the name of independence. Eight months had passed since the rebellion began. They were at a stalemate.

At the start of the series, the Zeon have deployed powerful mecha, or "Mobile Suits", that vastly outclass all conventional weapons. The plot begins when a small force of Zeons attack the Federation research project to counter this weapon, destroying most of the prototypes and killing nearly all of the higher ranking military forces. Fortunately for the Federation, a bright civilian on the attacked colony decides to read the manual for the only intact mobile suite prototype, the Gundam, and uses it to drive off the attackers. He and several other civilians are effectively drafted to get the technology back to Earth for production, and he gradually develops from a naive civilian teenager to an ace pilot.

Both series are extremely character-driven. Trigun is much, much shorter.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: September 12, 2013, 10:47:07 pm »

I'd suggest Fullmetal Alchemist (either the original or the Brotherhood version, they're both good).

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: September 12, 2013, 10:53:46 pm »

Hmm here's some nice slice-of-life shows with no plot whatsoever.

Acchi Kocchi
Binchou-tan
Minami-ke
Nichijou
Potemayo
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Seitokai Yakuindomo

Here's some with over-the-top plot.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!
Arakawa Under The Bridge
Ben-to

Something to warm your heart.

Usagi Drop
Recorder To Randsell

I'll post more if I think of something else.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:00:21 pm by majikero »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: September 12, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »

Alrighty! Thank you, I will probably check a few of those out. IF anyone else wants to chip in as well, I am still open to suggestions.
Thanks though!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, because it's my favorite. You have to give it three episodes though ;)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: September 12, 2013, 10:59:53 pm »

Wolf's Rain
Last Exile
Princess Tutu
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Haibane Renmei
Ghost in the Shell

Those are my favorites in the way of anime :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: September 12, 2013, 11:01:29 pm »

Baccano! One Piece! FLCL

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: September 12, 2013, 11:27:20 pm »

Hey, anyone know where I can get Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.3? At least for free streaming?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: September 12, 2013, 11:29:48 pm »

I thinkeys we're not suppose to talk about that here.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 2193