Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3076968 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15015 on: September 05, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »

Are there any anime streaming websites which allow you to adjust the quality of the video? Every time I've tried to watch anime via some kind of streaming website in the past year I've been unable to keep watching because the video is too high quality and thus stresses out my computer.
Crunchyroll has only low quality videos if you're a free member, not sure if that's what you're after.

More importantly it has Attack on Titan and FZ.

Cruncyroll doesn't have anything I want to watch though unless if I want to re-watch something I already own on DVD or have seen countless times. Also their "low-quality" videos don't stream well on my computer because they aren't actual low-quality. Either way I tried Crunchyroll and was largely dissatisfied and disgruntled by the whole thing. Thanks anyways though.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: September 05, 2013, 01:38:03 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: September 05, 2013, 02:51:45 pm »

The Adventures of Jack Bauer and Kotobro.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:51 pm »

Hmm, thanks.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:12:35 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: September 05, 2013, 05:11:10 pm »

Apparently my sister beat me to finally reading Fruits Basket, which is so not cool. I'm supposed to be the cultured one.

To read the Manga, or to watch the Anime. Hmm...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: September 05, 2013, 05:12:22 pm »

Apparently my sister beat me to finally reading Fruits Basket, which is so not cool. I'm supposed to be the cultured one.

To read the Manga, or to watch the Anime. Hmm...

Manga.  Definitely manga.  The anime was really bad and didn't even cover most of the plot (I think it stopped around book 6 of a 20-book series).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: September 05, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »

The Adventures of Jack Bauer and Kotobro.
Probably the best anime of last year, other than Kaiji maybe.

disclaimer: I'm struggling to remember any other good anime from last year

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: September 05, 2013, 07:49:57 pm »

Have you guys read UQ Holder? Second chapter just got csanned, and well, I'm liking it so far :)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: September 05, 2013, 07:56:47 pm »

Have you guys read UQ Holder? Second chapter just got csanned, and well, I'm liking it so far :)

I've been reading it too. The shape of those icecaps seems to lend evidence to this taking place on terraformed mars, but its too cloudy to be sure.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #15025 on: September 05, 2013, 08:03:21 pm »

I read the first chapter yesterday on a site that still doesn't have the 2nd chap. Thanks for posting about it.

The fifth page of this chapter has him look almost exactly like Negi (I bet it was intentional).

Also, DAMN YOU AKAMATSU, YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN MSN AN APPROPRIATE ENDING. You'd better at least just do setting-establishment by flashbacking all the relevant stuff >.>
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: September 05, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »

...you do know the reason why he cut the ending short right? (That, and I got the sense he wanted to troll EVERYONE in regards to shipping)

Anyways, yeah, I got the impression as well that this is terraformed Mars. Also, OH MY GOD LOLI-EVA YES!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: September 05, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »

Oh, yes, I can see it being Mars.

Also, DAMN YOU AKAMATSU, YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN MSN AN APPROPRIATE ENDING. You'd better at least just do setting-establishment by flashbacking all the relevant stuff >.>
Haha, it'll be so much more amusing if Akamatsu never gives us any more resolution of Negima. That, and to be perfectly honest this is probably a good way to go about it; the same setting (albeit different time period) and a single (awesome) character from the last series is just about right for giving us that sense of belonging and familiarity while still allowing UQ to stand on its own.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: September 05, 2013, 10:25:23 pm »

Also open endings are (usually) much better for fanfiction. It's a good(?) thing! Fires imaginations, gets writing organs oozing wonderfully. All sorts of benefits. And associated detriments, but net positive, etc., etc.

Plus, yeah, there's something somewhat delightfully spiteful about, just. Not giving the fans closure. At least when it's not done specifically to hook for a sequel.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: September 05, 2013, 10:26:14 pm »

Ugh, he does it as a habit, though.  Love Hina didn't have any real resolution, either.

Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 2193