Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077785 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14760 on: August 25, 2013, 10:37:36 pm »

Can anyone show me an anime about full-fledged war going on {medieval setting preferably and ill accept a bit of magic}. You know with 2 sides trowing each other around to get an advantage and the protagonist fights on one side against the antagonist?

It's not medival, and there is (sadly) a fair bit of magic, but the Universal Century Gundam series actually do a very good job of portraying realistic warfare, albiet with spaceships and giant stompy robots.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14761 on: August 25, 2013, 11:26:22 pm »

Can anyone show me an anime about full-fledged war going on {medieval setting preferably and ill accept a bit of magic}. You know with 2 sides trowing each other around to get an advantage and the protagonist fights on one side against the antagonist?

Code Geass, but you've already seen that. Maoyuu, kind of, but you've seen that. Attack on Titan, also kind of. It's a war, but not humans v. humans. Valkyria Chronicles, but that's supposed to be total suck. Fate/Zero, which is kind of full-fledged war on a really small scale. I can't think of any others.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: August 25, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »

Hetalia

...*baps Neo with a newspaper for being trolly* :P

Hey! its technically true!

Medieval wars the main characters are part of DOES happen!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: August 26, 2013, 01:07:13 am »

Another Levi-themed SnK OP remix.

Total redraw and lyrics are now about Levi's various failed attempts to become taller.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: August 26, 2013, 01:12:00 am »

Ooo, are we sharing these? Two of my favorite remixes:

Levi's attack on dust.
Attack on Hellsing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: August 26, 2013, 01:17:38 am »

Ok not an anime... but I am REALLY digging Liar Game.

It sort of reminds me of Deathnote if I didn't hate the protagonist with a passion.

Mind you it was a manga first (Or Manhua) which REALLY shows because of how cartoon some of the characters are.

Dang I WISH Western Live Action had something like this...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:14:00 am by Neonivek »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: August 26, 2013, 05:20:17 am »

It sort of reminds me of Deathnote if I didn't hate the protagonist with a passion.

Mind you it was a manga first (Or Manhua) which REALLY shows because of how cartoon some of the characters are.

I know what you mean. Havent seen it been updated for a while now which is a bit sad due to it nearing the end of one of the games. Not going to spoil it but I will say that the female lead finally...... nah wont say...

ANYWAY

After my return home after work I will be going though my Favourites for... wait for it...

MECH MANGA.

So prepare yourselves for some good and not so good Mech Manga...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: August 26, 2013, 11:17:23 am »

Legend of the Galactic Heroes; Berserk

e: garzai's wing, dog days

Ooh, I've got exactly the one for you.  Record of Lodoss War (not Chronicles of the Heroic Knight).

Man I've been watching this recently. Parn is a bit of a tryhard Shinji at first but at least gets better and stops being awful, unlike Shinji.
Every badass character in the show has a mustache, it's like a calling card to tell you who is hardcore. (Beld makes up for his lack of one with sideburns and that pimpcape.)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14768 on: August 26, 2013, 11:31:58 am »

Fun fact: record of Lodoss war was done on inspiration after a D&D campaign.
Guess who the lead designer played? (Male, Japanese, Guy)
The Busty Blond Elf.

Now you can no longer unsee it.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:21 am »

I know what you mean. Havent seen it been updated for a while now which is a bit sad due to it nearing the end of one of the games. Not going to spoil it but I will say that the female lead finally...... nah wont say...

ANYWAY

After my return home after work I will be going though my Favourites for... wait for it...

MECH MANGA.

So prepare yourselves for some good and not so good Mech Manga...
im intrigue on what you are going to find.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: August 26, 2013, 11:52:28 am »

Man I've been watching this recently. Parn is a bit of a tryhard Shinji at first but at least gets better and stops being awful, unlike Shinji.
Every badass character in the show has a mustache, it's like a calling card to tell you who is hardcore. (Beld makes up for his lack of one with sideburns and that pimpcape.)

Dude, Orson and Ashram are fucking boss.  So is Shiris.

(but yeah Kashue or whatever oh my god)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: August 26, 2013, 11:56:43 am »

Fun fact: record of Lodoss war was done on inspiration after a D&D campaign.
Guess who the lead designer played? (Male, Japanese, Guy)
The Busty Blond Elf.

Now you can no longer unsee it.

It's pretty obvious that Deedlit is the creator's favorite character.
And of course, continuing the line of influence you have the game Shadow Over Mystara which might as well be a direct adaption of the show.

Dude, Orson and Ashram are fucking boss.  So is Shiris.

(but yeah Kashue or whatever oh my god)

This is true, it's just a trend I noticed while watching. I think Slayn should grow one by the end, imagine him with a grand flowing mane sprouting from that upper lip.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: August 26, 2013, 11:58:59 am »

Oh god, yes please

And Etoh

And Pirotess

And Deedlit

Moustaches for everyone!!

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: August 26, 2013, 12:20:16 pm »

I just realized, the reason Orson and Shiris are more interesting than Parn and Deedlit is because they are un-grimdark Casca and Guts.

Oh god, yes please

And Etoh

And Pirotess

And Deedlit

Moustaches for everyone!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: August 26, 2013, 12:25:42 pm »

Yeah, and Parn and Deedlit are the un-grimdark Ashram and Pirotess.

Which is kind of strange, I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 2193