Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079365 times)

Karacho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14175 on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:55 am »

Hi, i am new to this forum, and this is my first post. :) (Is there a thread where new members can introduce themselves?)
I like Anime. My favourite is "Fist of the North Star" and i own pretty much everything of it on DVD. The 1984 Series, the 1986 Movie, the 3 part OVA, the 5 new Movies, the TV Series regarding Raoh.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14176 on: July 14, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »

Hi, i am new to this forum, and this is my first post. :) (Is there a thread where new members can introduce themselves?)
I like Anime. My favourite is "Fist of the North Star" and i own pretty much everything of it on DVD. The 1984 Series, the 1986 Movie, the 3 part OVA, the 5 new Movies, the TV Series regarding Raoh.

Welcome to Bay12! Well, I think there was some thread for introductions, but it got lost in time. So no worries there.

Ah, yes Hokuto no Ken is oldie but goodie. I tried to watch all the episodes but couldnīt do it :). Nevertheless it was pretty nice, although not exactly my cup of coffee.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14177 on: July 14, 2013, 09:10:59 pm »

Just finished watching Tekkonkinkreet. Awesome piece honestly, so much style and fun. The last chapter (or part or season or whatever) was rather creepy but still nice in the end :D
I have that but it won't play on my computer for some reason because it says it's Region 0 or some shit. Shame, I kind of wanted to see it.

Also I finished Eden of the East today. I was not disappointed and in fact want to purchase the movies that followed the end of the series. After that or somewhere in between I might want to procure copies of Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl, Polyphonica, Bamboo Blade and Pani Poni Dash because those have been on my list for a while now. Luckily Rightstuf has them and Amazon might have those last two for cheaper.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14178 on: July 14, 2013, 10:35:01 pm »

Welcome to Bay12! Well, I think there was some thread for introductions, but it got lost in time. So no worries there.

Ah, yes Hokuto no Ken is oldie but goodie. I tried to watch all the episodes but couldnīt do it :). Nevertheless it was pretty nice, although not exactly my cup of coffee.
This is one of those things that's on my list, but mainly for comedy reasons. :I
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Karacho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14179 on: July 14, 2013, 11:28:59 pm »

Yeah its easy to not take something serious that is more 80s than Stallone. :D
But i enjoy FotNS genuinly. :)

Some other Anime i really like: Ninja Scroll (the movie), and Street fighter (also the movie, i know there are more than one, but there is one thats really good).

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #14180 on: July 14, 2013, 11:29:21 pm »

So, I watched Rebuild 3.33. By certain means.

For those of you who haven't seen it or haven't spoiled yourself, all I can say is Your Mileage May Vary Up To Eleven. The second Rebuild basically said "We will be nothing like the series starting... NOW!". The third Rebuild is essentially "Aww, did you miss the psychological trauma of the series? We're just going to sneak that back in. Abruptly. Oh, also, be prepared for your mind to be boggled at the shit we just pulled, like, six times over." There is only the very smallest semblance of the series left, and that's because Kaworu shows up (which isn't spoilers because cmon).

Also more support for that one theory about how everything is all linked together.

I'm okay with it because I'm basically holding out everything for Four, because I think it's going in a certain direction that I don't think I'll be upset with. However, I know at least one person who was so pissed that she had to stop watching 40 minutes in. She got back to it because she's a big fan of NGE but she still hates it. She was also somewhat disappointed I didn't hate it as passionately as she does. Like I said, I'm holding out for the fourth movie to make my decisions regarding how I feel. The only things I can say that I hate right now is that they force-feed you basically all of the backstory and things that are happening unlike the series which required a lot of active thought and analysis into character, and

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finishing up Fate/Zero soon.

Spoiler: Fate/Zero (click to show/hide)
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14181 on: July 14, 2013, 11:38:56 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14182 on: July 15, 2013, 12:07:38 am »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14183 on: July 15, 2013, 12:25:34 am »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14184 on: July 15, 2013, 01:00:13 am »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14185 on: July 15, 2013, 06:36:02 am »

Other than Mari being totally pointless (again) I quite liked Rebuild 3.33.  Maybe it's just because they finally actually explained something 26 episodes and 3.5 movies in.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14186 on: July 15, 2013, 07:36:56 am »

Just completed my first run through of 999.

But it would seem that successive playthroughs are not only encouraged by the structure of the branching story, but mandatory to get what I'm guessing will be the bestest ending.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14187 on: July 15, 2013, 07:50:22 am »

Hmm, well, maybe I'll watch it.

If I just had a little bit more time to waste I'd definitely be doing a rewatch of the original series, because I'm feeling the need for some more asshole-on-asshole action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14188 on: July 15, 2013, 08:01:52 am »

But it would seem that successive playthroughs are not only encouraged by the structure of the branching story, but mandatory to get what I'm guessing will be the bestest ending.
Yeah.  It's a bit annoying because you have to replay a bunch of rooms.  They fix that for Virtue's Last Reward/ Good People Die at least.

Right, also
Finishing up Fate/Zero soon.

Spoiler: Fate/Zero (click to show/hide)
That was probably my favourite episode.  So brutal.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14189 on: July 15, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »

The end of Shingeki No Kyojin... the dramatic irony is so thick, I can cut it with a knife.
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 2193