Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075786 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13290 on: February 06, 2013, 12:45:03 pm »

Does it still have the same problem?
Not really.  Kaiji isn't meant to be a huge genius and he often screws up.

It wasn't that Akagi was a genius. It was that the anime wouldn't shut up about it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: February 06, 2013, 01:36:47 pm »

Does it still have the same problem?
Not really.  Kaiji isn't meant to be a huge genius and he often screws up.
It wasn't that Akagi was a genius. It was that the anime wouldn't shut up about it.
You should really read the last three volumes of Ten.  It's about Akagi and super depressing.
(no Mahjong either really, it's a bizarre tone shift)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:38:23 pm by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: February 06, 2013, 01:40:11 pm »

Has anyone noticed that in Harem animes whenever there is a selection of at least 5 people... that one of them always seems to have an undeveloped relationship to the main character?

It is like it was based off of a visual novel or something and had to cut the least interesting character for time.

It's about Akagi and super depressing

Akagi is already a super depressing person. Given that he suffers from a condition where the body doesn't produce enough happyness (I cannot remember the exact body chemical).

Nor is he virtuous or malicious.

He is someone who was doomed never to be happy and if he ever gets a taste it will be fleeting. He is destined to a pointless death.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:42:23 pm by Neonivek »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: February 06, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »

So, randomly found Mahou Sensei Negami.  Its pretty much a harem/shounen thing, the main character is a 10 year old boy.  He is pretty broken in 'power level' and he literally goes super saiyan near the end.  The main character is unreasonable, how he can pretty much get his way every time from winning fights.
Don't know what compelled me, but I went through all 350-some chapters over the past 2-3 weeks.  Maybe cause it adds so many things from sci-fi, fantasy and references into it.

... I really need something better to read.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: February 06, 2013, 02:46:04 pm »

Has anyone noticed that in Harem animes whenever there is a selection of at least 5 people... that one of them always seems to have an undeveloped relationship to the main character?

It is like it was based off of a visual novel or something and had to cut the least interesting character for time.

Akagi is already a super depressing person. Given that he suffers from a condition where the body doesn't produce enough happyness (I cannot remember the exact body chemical).

He is someone who was doomed never to be happy and if he ever gets a taste it will be fleeting. He is destined to a pointless death.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: February 06, 2013, 02:49:07 pm »

So, randomly found Mahou Sensei Negami.  Its pretty much a harem/shounen thing, the main character is a 10 year old boy.  He is pretty broken in 'power level' and he literally goes super saiyan near the end.  The main character is unreasonable, how he can pretty much get his way every time from winning fights.
Don't know what compelled me, but I went through all 350-some chapters over the past 2-3 weeks.  Maybe cause it adds so many things from sci-fi, fantasy and references into it.

... I really need something better to read.

Personally, I think it's a trolling masterpiece. Ken Akamatsu was being pushed to make another predictable harem series a la Love Hina and he gave them... that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: February 06, 2013, 03:01:24 pm »

Personally, I think it's a trolling masterpiece. Ken Akamatsu was being pushed to make another predictable harem series a la Love Hina and he gave them... that.
Well, I can definitely say it was pretty unique.  World building ain't too shabby either.  Way too many girls, still can't differentiate between a bunch of them or remember all their names.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: February 06, 2013, 03:05:51 pm »

Well, I can definitely say it was pretty unique.  World building ain't too shabby either.  Way too many girls, still can't differentiate between a bunch of them or remember all their names.
"Unique" is a polite way to describe it. And to be perfectly honest, I didn't even try remembering all the characters when I read it. Which, in retrospect, was a mistake because damned near every one of them has their own Chekov's Gunman moment. If you can bear to get through it all, that is. I mean, it's not entirely terrible, but it's unredeemably silly, full of clashing elements, and loaded with tropes. If you've got nothing else to do.  :-\

3. Run Resize Enable

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: February 06, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »

are there head explosions

everytime gantz

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:28 pm »

Now that is completely and uttarly unbelievable. I believe you, I mean it is unbelievable for the anime to make me believe.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: February 06, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »

I WILL NEVER ACCEPT THIS UUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: February 10, 2013, 09:18:54 pm »

So today I decided to finally give the movie REDLINE a spin, I've been meaning to watch it for a long time.

Conclusion: It's FUCKING AMAZING.

FUCKING.

AMAZING.

If you haven't seen it, go pick it up and watch it this instant. I know I should have earlier.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: February 11, 2013, 01:14:19 pm »

Everybody should see Redline, it's a film so it's not like you're wasting too much of your time.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: February 11, 2013, 02:52:33 pm »

So today I decided to finally give the movie REDLINE a spin, I've been meaning to watch it for a long time.
I wouldn't watch it for the plot, but the visuals and audio are really cool.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: February 11, 2013, 05:12:52 pm »

I wouldn't watch it for the plot, but the visuals and audio are really cool.
Plot? Where they're going, they don't need plot.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 2193