Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075760 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13320 on: February 21, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

You know...

For once I want to sort of see the "Ordinary person sent to another dimension" and the character wasn't mostly ok with it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: February 21, 2013, 10:07:05 pm »

I am honestly baffled as to how you can write so many goddamn words, in a thing, without ever at any point thinking "Wait a moment, I should include fewer words".  I mean I guess FSN makes sense since Nasu seems to have some kind of weird compulsion, but the Key stuff is a commercial product.  You'd think they could reign it in a bit!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13322 on: February 21, 2013, 10:16:19 pm »

You know...

For once I want to sort of see the "Ordinary person sent to another dimension" and the character wasn't mostly ok with it.
Ever watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: February 21, 2013, 11:29:26 pm »

Now and Then, Here and There (Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku) - the character was very much not "ok" with being transported to another dimension.

idk if The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya counts, since
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:35:38 pm by Reelya »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13324 on: February 22, 2013, 01:38:57 am »

Now and Then, Here and There (Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku) - the character was very much not "ok" with being transported to another dimension.

idk if The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya counts, since

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13325 on: February 22, 2013, 05:37:36 pm »

I did enjoyed Little Busters alot more than Air and Planetarian is limbo for me, you never played Clannad? O_o
I might play Clannad before I die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: February 23, 2013, 06:20:38 am »

Embarrassing anime moments (both the anime, and the moment): below the opening credits' series logo of Aika: Zero:

IN 2016 A.D. THE GROBAL DISASTER OCCURRED AND THE LAND MORE THAN 10% OF THE WHOLE EARTH SANK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA

BUT SALVAGER COME UP INSTEAD OF THE GOVERNMENT AND ENTERPRISES TO PULL UP THE HERITAGE WHICH HAS BEEN LYING IN THE WATER.

If they'd used Google Translate, they'd probably have been better off.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:25:49 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13327 on: February 23, 2013, 10:12:09 am »

What? Do you have an issue with Grobal disasters?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: February 23, 2013, 11:42:34 pm »

yeg oh my gawds, german dubs make more sense than bad engrish dubs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: February 24, 2013, 04:26:22 am »

Sadly my above quoted text was taken verbatim from the original Japanese-Only version :/ so it can't even be called a dub or anything.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #13330 on: February 24, 2013, 07:27:40 am »

So, randomly found Mahou Sensei Negami.  Its pretty much a harem/shounen thing, the main character is a 10 year old boy.  He is pretty broken in 'power level' and he literally goes super saiyan near the end.  The main character is unreasonable, how he can pretty much get his way every time from winning fights.
Don't know what compelled me, but I went through all 350-some chapters over the past 2-3 weeks.  Maybe cause it adds so many things from sci-fi, fantasy and references into it.

... I really need something better to read.

Aww, I actually liked MSN. I thought it was a pretty good shounen and Akamatsu pissed in everyone's cheerio's. There might seem like there are too many girls, but the fact that he can pull off making each of them unique (sometimes cheating) means that you can associate the character with what they've done rather than just a name. Most of the time, anyway.
The original anime series is much different, but my friend claims it has the "Best Death Scene of any Anime (that [he's] seen)". I have to actually rewatch it before I support or dismiss that claim though, but he's usually not wrong about these things.

Got current on The World Only God Knows. It's getting pretty interesting and I think it's starting to pull a MSN a little bit, actually. It's dipping just a bit into shounen.

Burning through the Claymore manga, was really surprised to find out it's still going on. For some reason, I've always thought Claymore was a pretty old series that didn't have a ton of content but was interesting. I'm actually really hoping that it maintains its mood and that things don't end very happily (I'm about 2/3rds through but it feels like it's at the ending scenes already). I definitely think it needs a very bitter-sweet or even full-on-depression ending for what's going on or it just won't feel right and it's like a cop-out so everything ends all happily and stuff. Actually, it reminds me a lot of Get What You Wanted, which is one of the most emotionally-trolling fanfictions that exists (Although the troll only lasted until Take What Is Yours, the sequel, was posted, which was -exactly- what the author wanted to happen). I feel like it's providing the faintest glimmer of a possible good ending only because there have been good endings so far (the current situation is quite bleak, where I've read to anyway) just so it can crush it later.
... why do i want bad things. Damn you, Saikano and Get What You Wanted...

Watched Blood: The Last Vampire for my anime class, the week's session was about critiques of US-Japan relations. Blood has a lot of interesting metaphors being thrown around, and it was very interesting. It also made me think a lot of how to consider what spawned from it (Blood+, etc.). Later in the week I had to watch Silent Service, which was about an hour and forty minutes of me just going "Are you serious?" TLDR of Silent Service: Japanese sub captain pilots Japan's first nuclear sub that was built together with the US in post-Cold War-era, dubs it the 'Yamato', spanks the Americans pretty hard in every ensuing conflict, the US is teh evils. It involves no one actually knowing how naval battles are fought or how nuclear subs are used (military doctrine-wise), or how physics work, or actual US-Japan relations, or really freaking anything. It's such an overwhelming fantasy world that the only possible way I can appreciate it is if the extreme fantasy of it was intentional, such that its making a statement that a world in which Japan is independent and powerful again without the US (which is the metaphor here) is impossible. I don't agree with the metaphor, but at least there's a purpose for the bullshit that happens and it's actually being clever. However, that's probably just guessing.

Still going through Fate/Zero, although slowly, because watching anime takes far more time than visually devouring manga.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: February 24, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

I was probably going to read Claymore eventually, although it's yet another on-going fantasy manga.  You know how many of those I'm reading?  A lot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: February 24, 2013, 02:41:30 pm »

I was probably going to read Claymore eventually, although it's yet another on-going fantasy manga.  You know how many of those I'm reading?  A lot.
I was about to post that it had ended on chapter 126, but then I did a bit of searching and discovered that the big, bold 'END' apparently meant nothing and that it was still ongoing. Eh, that's not a bad thing, because there are a lot of plot threads yet to be resolved.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13333 on: February 27, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »

I FINALLY finished watching every episode of Last Exile.
Made me a better person somehow.
And now everything else will seem like the worst thing ever.
Is the new one: Fam, The Silver Wing worth a watch?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »

On the final route of Rewrite, it's been two months and one week.  At least 800,000 words and 150 hours.  I can do this.

This isn't a big spoiler post or anything.  I'm not even sure if I want to even talk about it when I finish, maybe.

The reason I never talked about Little Busters after finishing it was because I was totally disgusted in how bad it was.  Rewrite isn't like that, so maybe...everybody should appreciate the Acros Fukuoka Building at least.

For manga I'm caught up with Kurosagi and I'm reading Bambino.  Both are okay seinen stuff but I'm not too engaged.

I dropped Gantz after 320 chapters because it became too stupid to read.  I hope Evil_Genius do the two newest Zetman volumes.

I am not watching any anime.  I did finish Canaan and it's okay as well.
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 2193