Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077549 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12285 on: August 22, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »

Well the water was actually thrown on the dirt outside their houses... Not plopped over on a bucket but scooped with a spoon.

My ONLY guess, my only one, is that is actually supposed to stop plants from growing such as moss and grass. Since as many people know, if you over water your lawn you essentially salt it and stop anything from growing.

My other is that it is a prayer.

"he usually does run to unusual events that a good blunt sword to the face can fix "

After watching the episodes I figure that thugs outnumber regular people 4 to 1. They just don't show you the thug side of town.

---

Sometimes I feel like Kenshin has this weird Power Creep Power Seep thing going on. Especially with his martial artist friend

Sometimes they are unstoppable god warriors, and other times they suddenly transform into ordinary people. It creates weird situations...

For example... Armies of warriors... nothing... but a pack of dogs? that is what gets him. It is sad but the most effective assasine (against the main characters) I've seen in this show was a guy with a pack of dogs.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:33:30 pm by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: August 22, 2012, 01:47:55 pm »

Just finished the Berserk movie, it was nice but seeing it before lessened the experience.
The 2nd movie should be subbed soon.  It's way longer than the first and I'm pretty excited for it.  Also Tiger & Bunny movie and Rebuild 3 this fall too.

Also started The World God Only Knows again and currently in Volume 17...reality's faulty game rules still sucks according to Keima.
I'm like ten chapters behind in TWGOK.  I've started taking a "wait for volumes to build up before reading again" approach so I don't go insane checking for chapter updates every day for three dozen series.

Trying to "clean up" some show Backlogs from TV & anime shows that just I keep piling up...will I ever touch a VN again? *sigh* My gaming backlogs are also becoming quite.....hefty.
I can sympathize.  As a recommendation though the Muv-Luv Trilogy really is the best VN I've played this year so far.  Extra sucks but it just gets better and better.  And yes that means I'm comparing it to Sharin no Kuni, Inganock, Planetarian, Chaos;Head, Ever17, and Remember11.

Higanbana The First Night was okay, it'll last you a week anyway.  Corpse Party I really enjoyed but it's not really a VN, same for Ib.  And Dangan Ronpa is a translation LP so you wouldn't really be playing it yourself...

Of course I still have Steins;Gate sitting on my desktop but we all do don't we?

EDIT:

As for status on my end:

Anime - on ep17 of Tiger & Bunny, I'll finish this I swear
Manga - reading Angel Densetsu right now, it's pretty great
VN - on chapter 3 of G-senjou no Maou and Hanachirasu, nothing outstanding so far

I plan on starting Baccano or Index when classes start since reading LNs on campus is like my biggest hobby between studying.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:55:08 pm by ToonyMan »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: August 22, 2012, 03:03:34 pm »

I know this has probably been stated before, but I find Bleach and Naruto to be some of the most painful anime I have ever sat through.

Even if I didn't hate the whiny characters, both series are bogged bown by hundreds of episodes of filler.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: August 22, 2012, 03:17:54 pm »

If you're looking for a long-running shonen anime, I'd recommend Fairy Tail. I enjoy it, at the very least.

There's also One Piece, but everyone knows about One Piece.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: August 22, 2012, 03:20:53 pm »

One Piece starts sucking hardcore around 180 episodes in. Which as far as shonen animes go, is probably actually pretty good.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: August 22, 2012, 05:56:25 pm »

One Piece starts sucking hardcore around 180 episodes in. Which as far as shonen animes go, is probably actually pretty good.

Definately... Heck I don't even think Sailor moon has 180 episodes (it has something like 150 episodes) and even that show has a few bad seasons (it WAAAAAAAAY makes up for it though)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: August 22, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »

Budget?  What's that?
Sunriiiiiiiiiise

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: August 22, 2012, 07:48:52 pm »

For example... Armies of warriors... nothing... but a pack of dogs? that is what gets him. It is sad but the most effective assassin (against the main characters) I've seen in this show was a guy with a pack of dogs.
Maybe it's the whole animal cruelty thing for the show.They hold back more against animals but thugs with broken bones? They're A-OK.

I plan on starting Baccano or Index when classes start since reading LNs on campus is like my biggest hobby between studying.
Good plan. For Baccano, I recommend reading straight to Drugs & The Dominos (The 4th one) since it has enough interesting new content and continue onward until Bullet Garden & Blood Sabbath (12th and 13th). Or at least read the 1st one, The Rolling Bootlegs (it has some relevant info for the 2002 Side A & B), and can skip the 2nd & 3rd for a while because it was mostly animated already. Oh, and read 1931-TheGrand Punk Railroad - Secret Episode last. For ToAru...meh, go with whatever. Extra Note: the translators are hella' fast, I remember New Testament 4 getting done in no time.

If I get curious and motivated enough, I'll try a different approach for Muv-Luv. I'll finish the Unlimited manga 1st then go straight to Alternative (I've also read some spoilers since way back when here and there so it will also affect the overall experience).

Oh yeah, some new DDD stuff is currently being translated. More stuff to look forward to.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:50:35 pm by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: August 22, 2012, 07:58:23 pm »

DDD was really interesting.  I've read all that's been translated and the biggest thing was
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for Muv-Luv...hmmm....I took a look at the MLU manga and didn't really like what I saw (it added a lot of ecchi that didn't even exist).  Maybe skim really really fast through Extra and then play MLU and MLA for real?

EDIT:
Also yeah it was pretty shocking to learn Baccano is still on-going.  I plan on reading all of the volumes anyway.  I did that for Haruhi.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:02:11 pm by ToonyMan »

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: August 22, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »

Anyone want to recommend me some anime?

The only ones I've seen all the way through are Soul Eater, Elfin Lied, and Blood+, and I feel I should branch out more.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: August 22, 2012, 08:19:05 pm »

Maybe it's the whole animal cruelty thing for the show.They hold back more against animals but thugs with broken bones? They're A-OK.

You would think that but they were happy to beat the dogs back with lit torches.

It just goes to show how far supperior dog trainers are to even herds of armed Samurai, Ninjas, and Gunmen.

In fact Kenshin was SO overwhelmed and defeated by those dogs that the writers outright had to rewrite the situation in order for him to survive.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:02:23 pm by Neonivek »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: August 22, 2012, 11:09:13 pm »

Anyone want to recommend me some anime?

The only ones I've seen all the way through are Soul Eater, Elfin Lied, and Blood+, and I feel I should branch out more.

You could try Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop and maybe Hellsing.
Or do you want something further from action?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: August 22, 2012, 11:18:33 pm »

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Angel Beats! and maybe some Rurouni Kenshin, if you want a classic samurai action anime? You could also never go wrong with Samurai Champloo if you like Cowboy Bebop.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: August 22, 2012, 11:19:15 pm »

Excell Saga?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: August 23, 2012, 12:29:24 am »

I'd throw in another vote for Samurai Champloo, but it really does depend on what you're interested in. Soul Eater, Blood+ and Elfen Lied seems to imply you like action and a bit of carnage, though, so Samurai Champloo should be at least acceptable. If you didn't mind Elfen Lied you might also be interested in Afro Samurai, which has a very similar style to Samurai Champloo but is considerably shorter, less plot-oriented, and more brutal.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 2193