Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3084650 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #11055 on: April 10, 2012, 11:48:10 am »

Chip & Ironicus' newest Anime Theater is the first episode of Black Rock Shooter, yessss

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11056 on: April 10, 2012, 08:38:13 pm »

I just watched the first episode of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. You know, that series where Nyarlathotep is a little girl. It wasn't terrible, in fact it rather amused me. It's really just a magical girlfriend show with the twist that the heroine is hardly heroic, although this is just the first episode.

I've checked out some pictures of other yet-to-be-introduced characters. The Shota In Yellow is cute.

*Twitch*

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: April 10, 2012, 08:42:55 pm »

Chip & Ironicus' newest Anime Theater is the first episode of Black Rock Shooter, yessss
I have not been so confused about a directorial decision since Tohsaka's FZ episode.  I mean why would you make it like thaaat.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:07 pm »

I just watched the first episode of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. You know, that series where Nyarlathotep is a little girl. It wasn't terrible, in fact it rather amused me. It's really just a magical girlfriend show with the twist that the heroine is hardly heroic, although this is just the first episode.

I've checked out some pictures of other yet-to-be-introduced characters. The Shota In Yellow is cute.

*Twitch*

I'm ashamed to say that I found the first (full) episode somewhat amusing as well.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: April 10, 2012, 09:01:30 pm »

Finally started reading the Fire Emblem 4 manga, really liking it so far, it's like a nice daydream back to my days playing the game.

EDIT: On Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, I'll deign to watch it immediately if Pharaoh Rameses III is a pretty boy bishounen and King Tut is a chibi comic relief character.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:07:36 pm by JoshuaFH »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11060 on: April 11, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »

Eyes begin to glow.

I THINK I GOT IT

HOLY SHIT

Seriously what the hell.  Okay so I played more of the final route in Ever17 before heading to bed last night.  Lo and behold when I woke up I had neatly arranged the pieces in my head.  The moment I realized one thing it all came crashing down.  I really have enough hints to solve this now.  There can't be possibly much left in the game.  It's amazing.  I feel like I'm playing 999.
SEVENTEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

I guess I should have made a YOU FOUND IT! joke.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:04:39 pm by ToonyMan »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11061 on: April 11, 2012, 03:48:43 pm »

I watched Part 1 of the Prince of Tennis LA Musical. I have to learn how to make GIF's if only to make a fast montage of the many spastic flailing scenes set to infinite loop.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11062 on: April 11, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »

Nyarthotep (or however you spell it) could be a magical girl with what I know of the character.

Mind you it would all be a trap.

I cannot remember the benevolent Old One (he is still evil mind you, but he is the closest to one who genuinly doesn't want to destroy mankind and help it out that there is)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: April 11, 2012, 07:01:14 pm »

Nyarthotep (or however you spell it) could be a magical girl with what I know of the character.

I cannot remember the benevolent Old One (he is still evil mind you, but he is the closest to one who genuinly doesn't want to destroy mankind and help it out that there is)

No ones died making it, so I suppose the Elder Gods are pleased with the results then.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: April 11, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

No ones died making it, so I suppose the Elder Gods are pleased with the results then.

They always could secretly be ghouls, Lizard people, or Magical Native Americans (cookie for anyone who gets that last reference).

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #11065 on: April 11, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »

Okay so I played more of the final route in Ever17 before heading to bed last night.  Lo and behold when I woke up I had neatly arranged the pieces in my head.  The moment I realized one thing it all came crashing down.  I really have enough hints to solve this now.  There can't be possibly much left in the game.  It's amazing.  I feel like I'm playing 999.
Isn't it awesome when sleep works like that?

Kid A - I have no idea, none  Who are you Kid A???
Eeeeeeeee. That's one of the best things. You'll shit yourself when you find out.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11066 on: April 11, 2012, 10:10:21 pm »

After reading this, I decided to watch the first episode out of pure WTF. I agree with your assessment. I think I'll continue watching this in a couple of months. This will probably be the first "magical girlfriend" series I've seen. Well, maybe fooly-cooly counts, but that series is just plain weird.

I can't wait to describe this series to other people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That description seems lacking. I'm trying to find a way to describe the series that gets all the absurdity across, while saving the fact that Nyarlathotep takes the form of a little girl who is in love with the main guy as the last wtf bombshell. I know someone else can do better.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:37 pm »

Did you get 999 yet fqllve?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: April 11, 2012, 10:17:31 pm »

After reading this, I decided to watch the first episode out of pure WTF. I agree with your assessment. I think I'll continue watching this in a couple of months. This will probably be the first "magical girlfriend" series I've seen. Well, maybe fooly-cooly counts, but that series is just plain weird.

I can't wait to describe this series to other people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That description seems lacking. I'm trying to find a way to describe the series that gets all the absurdity across, while saving the fact that Nyarlathotep takes the form of a little girl who is in love with the main guy as the last wtf bombshell. I know someone else can do better.

I've decided to not watch the series, purely that I've been building up a much more absurd story in my head where Cleopatra is a Kaere-esque panty-shot character, Marc Antony is one of those spirally eyed losers, and Augustus Octavian goes one-winged angel and kills everybody.

I actually don't know alot about Egyptian gods...

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #11069 on: April 11, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »

It just got here the other day but I haven't started it yet. I'm in the middle of FF13 right now but man I am getting kinda bored and 999 is really tempting.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 2193