Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059389 times)

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8115 on: July 06, 2011, 02:50:03 am »

So I watched the whole TWGOK season 2 and I must say I'm pleased. It delivered what it promised, and most of characters were likeable/adorable. Even the non-sequitur episodes were nicely done.

Also in other news I finished The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya - fifth novel. Pretty good, nice development of side characters, but it lacked the punch of fourth book. And it had Endless Eight :).

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: July 06, 2011, 10:54:42 am »

First episode (all my posts start with this) of Yuru Yuri was even more heart attack worthy than I had expected. They adapted it even better than I had hoped, and I was expecting a lot seeing as Oota Masahiko of Minami-ke fame is directing it. Also, both the OP and ED are catchy as fuck.

There's also a sort of charm in the budget seiyuu. In other news, Morita-san subs fucking where?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:02:38 am by tehc »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: July 06, 2011, 10:59:04 am »

Also in other news I finished The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya - fifth novel. Pretty good, nice development of side characters, but it lacked the punch of fourth book. And it had Endless Eight :).
I'm on the second light novel now.  The anime pretty much adapted the first book word for word.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:36 pm »

Okay, okay, I'll make sure to watch it, ein.

I've heard some good things about Steins;gate, is it good?
So far I've watched the first three episodes. It's...meh so far. It could turn out to be REALLY GOOD, but not much has happened yet.

Also, if for nothing else, watch it for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGofD_BuH4
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: July 06, 2011, 01:50:26 pm »

Morita-san wa Mukuchi is only 3 minutes per episode. 30 seconds of that is the OP. Fuck everyone who agreed this shit was a good idea. It was one of the most promising shows of the season to me, it feels like it's been totally butchered in this format. The full length OVA was so good as well...

Also Nyanpire, another <5 min show about a cat that's a vampire. Yep.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: July 06, 2011, 04:43:20 pm »

I just got throught watching a show called  Panty and Stocking.......
The f*ck....what the f*ck did I just watch? Were the people who made this show drunk?!
Also...don't bing it without the word "Wikipedia"...fair warning.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: July 06, 2011, 05:19:18 pm »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »

I just got throught watching a show called  Panty and Stocking.......
The f*ck....what the f*ck did I just watch? Were the people who made this show drunk?!
Also...don't bing it without the word "Wikipedia"...fair warning.
She has the ability to turn her panties into a semi-automatic pistol called "Backlace" (バックレース, Bakkurēsu?). She can wield two Backlaces with an additional pair of panties and can combine them to form more advanced firearms such as a machine gun or a sniper rifle.
What...is this? I was curious about this show, but now I am a bit freaked out. O.o
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:49 pm »

Does that mean that she fights naked during all of the fights? Or does she keep spare pairs? xD
Damn, now I have to watch it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: July 06, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »

Afaik she still keeps her clothing on despite going commando. Not sure though since I've never watched it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: July 06, 2011, 10:10:37 pm »

Does that mean that she fights naked during all of the fights? Or does she keep spare pairs? xD
Damn, now I have to watch it.
Be prepared for engrish mother fuckers and vagina beaches.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: July 06, 2011, 10:21:20 pm »

R1 Episode 19.

Fanservice that doesn't drown me in panty shots and matrix boobs!

Still annoyed by it, but thank God it isn't like HSoTD.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: July 06, 2011, 10:46:59 pm »

Watched a lot of Neon Genesis Evangelion today.  Watched episode 11-18 so far.  This is really really good, like great.  I might even finish the tv series today if this keeps up.  Episodes 21-24 I have are director's cut versions, they're a bit longer for some reason but that's alright, the more the better.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: July 06, 2011, 10:55:53 pm »

Just be sure to watch both Rebuild movies after.

The ending of the first series broke my heart/brain/soul.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: July 06, 2011, 11:01:37 pm »

About to watch "To Aru Majutsu no Index" (A Certain Index of Prohibited Books). From what I've read about it, this could very well end up being one of my favorite anime. (It has magic, AND psychic powers. And technology. It could be positively awesome!)
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 2193