Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058883 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8130 on: July 06, 2011, 11:08:10 pm »

About to watch "To Aru Majutsu no Index" (A Certain Index of Prohibited Books). From what I've read about it, this could very well end up being one of my favorite anime. (It has magic, AND psychic powers. And technology. It could be positively awesome!)
I've read the manga of Index and Railgun.  Both were great and both are still on-going.  I've watched the first 6 episodes of the Index anime and they're pretty good too.  Even though I haven't read them I've got all the light novels to read for later.  I'm waiting for Baka-Tsuki to translate volume 2 and then I can start my adventure.

Just be sure to watch both Rebuild movies after.
Oh yes, I plan to do everything with this series.  Movies, OVAs, manga, you name it.  Anything they got man.

EDIT:
Episode 19 was fucking awesome.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:39:37 pm by ToonyMan »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: July 07, 2011, 12:17:55 am »

Index was pretty cool, as far as I can tell from the first episode.

Now P&S was hilarious and awesome. Reminded me of Powerpuff Girls for some reason, except this was actually good.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: July 07, 2011, 02:57:06 am »

Hehe, P&S is comedy, with very hit-or-miss humor. Some parts are better, some parts were ugh (fatso and nose... things), some parts are awesome (parts with army, brief's shotgun)... I would say it gets progressively better, with later episodes being fuckin' awesome. It also gets something of a plot. And ending is awesome too :).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: July 07, 2011, 03:38:10 am »

Watched episodes 20-26 of Neon Genesis Evangelion, which means I'm done with the tv series.  I've heard that the last two episodes have no budget but actually watching it is a totally surreal experience.  I'll watch the stuff you pretty much have to watch tomorrow.  It's too late now and I don't have time.  Although I already know I'm going to have a hard time sleeping after watching the 2nd half of NGE in one day, man this is gonna be a depressing sleep.

I guess I'll give my review now.

Although the show was really good and I enjoyed it vastly...

So if I have the list right I watch the movies in this order:
Death and Rebirth
The End of Evangelion
Rebuild of Evangelion (1/2 currently)

Anything else I might be missing?  I'd rather not accidently watch or read something in the wrong order if preferable.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: July 07, 2011, 03:59:08 am »

Death is a recap of the series, and Rebirth is essentially the first 27 minutes of EoE.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: July 07, 2011, 07:09:35 am »

I'm guessing the movies resolve this issue so I can't wait to watch them and feel better about myself.

Good luck with that.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: July 07, 2011, 02:24:36 pm »

I jus finnished watching panty and stocking...........my opinion of the ending is....
AN INVERSE MATRIX!? Seriously What. The.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They have my money if this comes to the states but.....the ending was horrible. If anyones played TWEWY(The world ends with you) My response was similar to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: July 07, 2011, 02:48:22 pm »

WHAT THE HELL!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: July 07, 2011, 02:50:24 pm »

It is Panty and Stocking... the show where cops actually managed to take down one of the villains if he wasn't "technically" impervious.

Should ANYTHING in that show surprise you? I admit I havn't watched it after three (or four) episodes because it wasn't my cup of tea... but from what I seen it is pretty crazy (and by crazy, I mean expect a sex about every five minutes)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: July 07, 2011, 03:34:49 pm »

I'm guessing the movies resolve this issue so I can't wait to watch them and feel better about myself.
Good luck with that.
Hehehe you noticed it.  I was more talking about plot issues and not 'happiness'.  As long as the story doesn't go completely disconcerting I'll be good.

EDIT:
And by plot issues I don't mean it has to fix a character I mean the ending of the tv series is just boom plot goes to a standstill I just want that to start up again why am I getting so aggravated over this comment.
I know it won't be sunshines and rainbows but that's not why I'm watching this, there good.

EDITX2 COMBO:
Yep just went through Death and Rebirth very quickly.  It's a recap like stated previously and since I just saw this all recently I skimmed through it very quickly.  I like how the ending just says INTERMISSION with an arrangement of the OP playing very mellowly.  Anyway, End of Evangelion time now.  The one I have is in 2 parts for some reason and it seems quite long so see you then!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:42:32 pm by ToonyMan »

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: July 07, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »

Yeah I bailed on Panty/Stocking as well... Stocking managed to be pretty badass, but Panty being all "herp derp I'm a slut isn't that hilarious?" kind of ruined the show for me. Not to mention The first half of the first episode can be summed up as "lol poop."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: July 07, 2011, 05:03:06 pm »

Yep Stocking was pretty much the only character saving the show for me... however the anime tended to phase her out so they could have more Panty sex jokes, even so far as to make Stocking a minor character IN HER OWN SHOW!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: July 07, 2011, 05:31:08 pm »

So I watched the first part in End of Evangelion.  It was exactly what a wanted, a continuation after episode 24 that actually makes sense.  They even call it Episode 25: Air at the beginning.  Time for the second part now, that was great.

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: July 07, 2011, 05:38:43 pm »

I'm quite glad to hear I didn't continue with the show then. She'd have been my only reason for watching it. -.-;

On another note; I've not yet learned to do proper research on shows as of yet. I've got all kinds of stuff I'm not even sure what is. But for one reason or another I decided I should start collecting it. :p

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: July 07, 2011, 05:56:42 pm »

If you can resist the urge to click random links, try TvTropes. That's what I use for checking out games and shows.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 2193