Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3073169 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4035 on: August 16, 2010, 09:37:03 pm »

Alright Toony, feel free to message me on Steam, I guess. The name's JoshuaFH, nothing fancy.
It says I added someone under the name 'yunderbeast'.  And it also says they're offline.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: August 16, 2010, 09:45:40 pm »

Damnit, that's my email, not my name. I think configuring my steamID fixed it. Maybe.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #4037 on: August 17, 2010, 12:25:59 am »

So, I just finished watching TTGL.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GAINAX made it. GAINAX also made FLCL and NGE. This fits into their track record easily. There's even a TVTropes entry on GAINAX doing these sorts of things.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: August 17, 2010, 05:13:56 pm »

GAINAX made it. GAINAX also made FLCL and NGE. This fits into their track record easily. There's even a TVTropes entry on GAINAX doing these sorts of things.
Right, right, I get that. It still ticks me off though. The show is cheerful, upbeat, and fueled by dangerous quantities of awesome, and then BAM! Sucker punch downer ending (I know, I know, it was foreshadowed. But still!).
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: August 17, 2010, 05:45:36 pm »

Right, right, I get that. It still ticks me off though. The show is cheerful, upbeat, and fueled by dangerous quantities of awesome, and then BAM! Sucker punch downer ending (I know, I know, it was foreshadowed. But still!).

If it's any consolation...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: August 17, 2010, 07:30:21 pm »

What do you guys think of Makoto Shinkai's films?
I've seen "Beyond the clouds/The place promised in our early days" more times than I'm willing to admit. It makes me all melacholic each and every time.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: August 17, 2010, 07:49:34 pm »

Oh, that's the guy that directed 5 Centimeters Per Second. I loved it, though it's the only one of his films that I've seen. I think I recommended it to anyone with interests beyond typical shounen/seinen stuff a while ago.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:05 pm »

I just dared to watch code geass, I'm currently drowning in all the ho yay. I wish this ho yay was awesome like berserk's ho yay though.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: August 17, 2010, 07:58:04 pm »

Code Geass is one anime I marathoned from start to finish in one or two sittings. Have a good time.

Man, I just remembered that I never got to witness Nightmare of Nunnaly, which I had been meaning to see.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: August 17, 2010, 08:00:26 pm »

I just dared to watch code geass, I'm currently drowning in all the ho yay. I wish this ho yay was awesome like berserk's ho yay though.

I thought there was a rather preposterous amount of that in there. TVtropes claims CLAMP did the character designs, though, so...yeah.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: August 17, 2010, 08:03:12 pm »

They als ogave most of their characters horrid pseudo european names like BISMARK WOLFSTEIN.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: August 17, 2010, 10:22:01 pm »

They als ogave most of their characters horrid pseudo european names like BISMARK WOLFSTEIN.

It is sort of the rule. If you don't know the language they can get away with anything!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #4047 on: August 18, 2010, 12:00:52 am »

I do give Code Geass some credit for the names, and they included a lot of Western legend names, such as Lancelot and naming the capital Pendragon.

When you watch Lancelot fighting Gurren, you get a definite sense that these are two different factions fighting one another, and the naming convention helps solidify that feeling. Unlike a lot of other animes/mangas that are similar, not all of the countries are just meshed-together shades of gray with Japanese names for everything.

Just so everyone knows, the Code Geass anime and manga are different: The anime has Knightmare frames, the manga does not. There are also a ton of AU mangas out there, so... yeah. Be careful.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: August 18, 2010, 12:02:33 am »

I liked the name Damocles.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: August 18, 2010, 12:07:23 am »

A friend of mine said she had a video titled "Grave of the fireflies", apparently made by Studio Ghibli. Anybody seen it, and can anybody give their opinion on if I should see it?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 2193