Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066083 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #6540 on: February 27, 2011, 03:13:09 pm »

New Fractale episode 6 is out.  Gotta watch it sometime.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: February 27, 2011, 03:17:54 pm »

whos ready for zombie ninja vampires, who are also mahou shoujou's?

Isn't the zombie in that only two of those things?

Anyways... I just started reading this thread, and was working backwards, and wanted to mention a couple things relevant to me.  First of all, Fractale is awesome.  It's like they made a list of all the things I like and then made an anime from it.  So much joy and mystery and sadness.  And Nessa.  But Nessa is JOY.

Also, there sure is a lot of bleach in here. I think I quit following it awhile ago, right at the end of the first filler arc, which I seem to feel completely different about from most people.  I thought the characters were cool, and was impressed that they actually died.  Actually, I left shortly after that, when the one character who had been actually killed up until the arc started turned out to not actually have been killed.  Plus, I liked it when things were in the real world.  That's what I think of Bleach, though I liked it while I watched it.  And it is fun when all I want is flashy attacks.

ya hes only a zombie and a male mahou shoujou he must have some sort of secondary ability to obsorb magic or something like that, i think it's fairly obvious where its going to end up, i still think its a pretty cool anime.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: February 27, 2011, 03:53:35 pm »

Just read the latest chapter of Mahou Sensei Negima. Fate Averruncus vs. Negi Springfield, final round GO!

Although, this battle is going to try and top the final coliseum round isn't it? That's gonna be a lot of chapters devoted to escalation...
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6543 on: February 27, 2011, 05:15:16 pm »

Just read the latest chapter of Mahou Sensei Negima. Fate Averruncus vs. Negi Springfield, final round GO!

Although, this battle is going to try and top the final coliseum round isn't it? That's gonna be a lot of chapters devoted to escalation...

Negi is so powahfuhl, what with his Magia Erebia and such. I wish Evangeline could get in on the action. She's stupidly powerful, and it'd be awesome to watch her fight with her own Magia Erebia.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hopefully the battle will end quickly though. There's a lot of loose ends in the plot that I'd like to see tied up before the series ends, and it feels like its nearing actual series completion pretty fast.

http://www.mangareader.net/tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-spiral-boy/1

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN-!?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:24:58 pm by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: February 27, 2011, 05:39:11 pm »

Woah what is that?  I don't remember any Gurren Lagann manga besides the High School AU and anime adaption.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6545 on: February 27, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Spiral Boy... it’s an interesting manga which got canceled due to lack of popularity supposedly, but still managed to squeeze out an ending that leaves the reader thinking about what happens next in a non-rage-inducing way.

I thought it might have been more exciting, or something new, but it's already over due to lack of popularity.
How is TTGL not popular?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: February 27, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »

Hype aversion?

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: February 27, 2011, 06:15:57 pm »

for one thing it was probably a lack of advertising. no one knew it existed so no one saw it. also it was a very different story line.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: February 28, 2011, 04:34:54 am »

for one thing it was probably a lack of advertising. no one knew it existed so no one saw it. also it was a very different story line.

Personally I think it is saturation. Everyone is probably freeken sick of Guran lacken.

----------------------

I am currently conducting a search for the mysterious lighting dirrector who sneaks into people's houses and ensures that you can't see parent's faces in photos.

It is oddly WAAAAAAY more common then it reasonably should be and it is actually starting to bug me. "If your not currently a character you won't show up in a photo"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:10:17 am by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: February 28, 2011, 07:02:16 am »

Spoiler: You mean like this? (click to show/hide)

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: February 28, 2011, 08:13:07 am »

"irresponsible captain tylor" i thought was a good story....its mainly a comedy.
I liked this show. The way it's set up so that you can't tell if Tylor is lazy, crazy, lucky, a genius, or any combination of the four is fascinating.

I am currently conducting a search for the mysterious lighting dirrector who sneaks into people's houses and ensures that you can't see parent's faces in photos.

It is oddly WAAAAAAY more common then it reasonably should be and it is actually starting to bug me. "If your not currently a character you won't show up in a photo"
TVtropes calls one variation of this Plot-Based Photograph Obfuscation, although I'm not sure if what you're talking about is the same thing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:21:06 am by Fossaman »
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: February 28, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »

Well, that's one part of it, if it's actually for plot reasons.  It can also be if they just want to not give the parents faces for some reason.

The faceless is more general, but probably includes more than is necessary.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: February 28, 2011, 07:45:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
o_O

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: February 28, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

That is so fucked up that it's fucked up.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: February 28, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »

That is so fucked up that it's fucked up.

Given that I THINK that is Onepeice... A bucket wouldn't be something all that unusual for her to use. Also given the ship she sails on... doing it infront of others isn't unusual either.

Actually it makes me think that the writer doesn't exactly know what pirates do (and since Luffy doesn't either...)

It can also be if they just want to not give the parents faces for some reason

Yes but it is FAR too common... It must be a plot against showing people's faces.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:17:25 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 2193