Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075253 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #4200 on: September 01, 2010, 02:07:45 am »

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaa!

Apart from the guys, who are all like.

"nngh"
It's like taking a sword to the bleach-bone and going 'grunt'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: September 01, 2010, 02:52:20 am »

[Bleach_complaint]
Ichigo is a blockhead.  Why is he the hero of this show again?
[/Bleach_complaint]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: September 01, 2010, 03:44:37 am »

Alright! Quiz time (and I don't have an answer... so it is more like a "share time" thing)

What anime can you think of that had the most power up arcs/Montages Before showing what the enhancement does?

So far the record is 2... It has two seperate power up mini-arcs where 2 characters got powerups but they never shown what it really does previously. (Though DANG does that Arc have a LOT of power up sequences... 5 in one arc. Even DBZ only had at most 3)

Can we get a 3?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:50:48 am by Neonivek »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: September 01, 2010, 03:52:32 am »

Alright! Quiz time (and I don't have an answer... so it is more like a "share time" thing)

What anime can you think of that had the most power up arcs/Montages Before showing what the enhancement does?

So far the record is 2... It has two seperate power up mini-arcs where 2 characters got powerups but they never shown what it really does previously.

Can we get a 3?

I'm guessing either Bleach or Naruto, neither of which I watch because I don't care for the "Power up - Fight stronger opponent - Repeat" formula.

Cue fanboy raeg.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: September 01, 2010, 03:54:38 am »

One Piece is my favorite out of the big three shonun.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: September 01, 2010, 04:17:22 am »

One Piece is my favorite out of the big three shonun.

I'm telling you man, if you dig Shonen, then Hajime No Ippo is amazingly good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cljrUh3LEc

One really good thing about it is that it follows the manga almost word for word, with extremely little filler. One bad this is that the series goes up to about 70-something episodes, and then stops suddenly where I guess the Studio ran out of money. The movies continue the story, but the manga is so huge that the series and the movies barely scratch the surface of everything in canon.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: September 01, 2010, 04:25:22 am »

So far the record is 2... It has two seperate power up mini-arcs where 2 characters got powerups but they never shown what it really does previously.

Can we get a 3?

I'm guessing either Bleach or Naruto, neither of which I watch because I don't care for the "Power up - Fight stronger opponent - Repeat" formula.

Cue fanboy raeg.
I find this poster to be ironic, due to the fact that his avatar is from such a series with that formula. It'll be more ironic if he actually like One Piece.

[Bleach_complaint]
Ichigo is a blockhead.  Why is he the hero of this show again?
[/Bleach_complaint]

Because Bleach is terribly written.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: September 01, 2010, 04:26:42 am »

kinseti don't care bout your irony shit.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: September 01, 2010, 04:35:00 am »

One Piece is totally awesome I don't even give a shit. It isn't about fighting and getting stronger. It is about the power of friendship and pirates being awesome.

Seriously though, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, and all the other quintessential Shonen series have completely failed to interest me because they are just too Shonen. One Piece is just Shonen enough, retaining the epicness and sense of adventure, and mostly glossing over the "OOUAH MOAR POWAH" bits, while making it totally worthwhile with the awesome characters and general wackiness.

Really, I know I'm being hypocritical, but there's no accounting for taste. One Piece is the only Shonen series I like, and I loves it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: September 01, 2010, 04:39:00 am »

Well One Piece has "Power ups" but generally speaking they are done in the middle of battle rather then a HUGE "Halt! we must pause the plot to power up!"

Which Hitman Reborn ends up doing WAAAAAAY too freeken much. Honestly Hitman Reborn is the Epitome of main arc padding.

I can see why some people hate long series... frankly if I wasn't so invested (190 episodes and counting... within a week) I'd stop watching right now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: September 01, 2010, 04:39:53 am »

Holy crap, how long is it?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: September 01, 2010, 04:59:59 am »

Holy crap, how long is it?

To my knowledge over 200 episodes long and still going... and only 3 arcs so far. Though the last arc lasts WELL over 100 episodes. (Two arcs within about 60 episodes)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:02 am »

Powerup segments?  Uh...

In FMA they don't really do it at all (they just sortof get stronger as it goes on) so... yeah.

I guess Code Geass has it with the mecha, but it's usually very brief.  Probably because they had an episode limit (this is why I prefer it when they have a clearly defined ending and season length).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: September 01, 2010, 03:21:58 pm »

I don't think they actually get stronger in FMA, they just kinda get more serius and angry, their powers remain mostly same.

Also on Bleach, i really don't know why i watch it anymore, the last episode was shit, i mean those like 20 seconds of "humor" were so forced and unnatural that it really ruined the episode.Whats more i really don't get Rukia, why would she run beneath that giant centipede thing when she could have shunpoed her ass out of there.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: September 01, 2010, 03:39:18 pm »

Is it just me or was Ichigo starting to go emo in that last episode?
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 2193