Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058755 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #21435 on: March 07, 2015, 06:47:53 pm »

One-punch does sorta' have a story, though. At least the prettier manga does. It's definitely mixed with episodic stuff, but there's a sort of overarching plot direction and whatnot, at least up to whatever's been translated so far.

SORT OF...

In that the big joke of the anime is that it is an anti-climax.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21436 on: March 07, 2015, 06:55:47 pm »

Well, no... there's a lot more going on than that. How the MC interacts with wanting to be a hero and other heroes, the general political situation, various character interactions... for all that the overt conflict is pretty straightforward and there is, indeed, a strong anti-climax sort of thing threading through it, there's actually a fair amount going on in the manga.

... sorta'. I couldn't bring myself to read through the less pretty one to find out if what we've seen so far in the pretty one continues onward, plot development wise. It may be that the current extent of the prettier one is just covering the first arc or somethin'.

Still. I've not been entirely unimpressed with the storytelling happening in One-punch. It actually seems to have a degree of sophistication going on.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:58:29 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21437 on: March 07, 2015, 08:01:06 pm »

OPM's story is uncomplicated and straightforward when it's focusing on Saitama, and those are the parts I enjoy the most.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21438 on: March 07, 2015, 10:02:06 pm »

I happened across this elsewhere and thought that some of you might appreciate it. Lost my shit, and I'm still not entirely certain why.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21439 on: March 07, 2015, 10:51:51 pm »

;~;

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21440 on: March 07, 2015, 10:55:41 pm »

My sides

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21441 on: March 08, 2015, 12:00:51 am »

... I have no idea what that's referencing, and I find myself inexplicably gladdened by that.

Also good gods that little heart shaped blood pool. This is why the naruto fanfiction sections are what they are ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21442 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:06 am »

... I have no idea what that's referencing, and I find myself inexplicably gladdened by that.
SpongeBob the Movie. Fantastic film.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21443 on: March 08, 2015, 12:19:26 am »

I'm pretty sure the blood pool was edited in as a reference to said scene as well.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21444 on: March 08, 2015, 12:22:39 am »

I'm pretty sure the blood pool was edited in as a reference to said scene as well.

Yeah, in the movie their tears turn into a heart.
----

Dog days is being hilariously racist to itself... TECHNICALLY!!! because a British TV show keeps referring to the Japanese contestants as "Ninjas" and "Samurai" and having "Ninja Blood".

I am just sitting there and going "WOW! In real life that announcer would lose his job"

----

Ok I am wondering if this is just me

Does anyone look away during anime openings because they are usually filled with HUGE spoilers?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:16:49 am by Neonivek »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #21445 on: March 08, 2015, 11:21:31 am »

Ok I am wondering if this is just me

Does anyone look away during anime openings because they are usually filled with HUGE spoilers?
I usually don't watch the preview of the next episode at the end, but the shows that I watch(basically just JJBA) don't spoil really anything in the intro.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #21446 on: March 08, 2015, 01:41:41 pm »

Ever since Bleach I've learned that openers will often throw teammates in battles against each other not because they are actually on opposite sides, but rather because it would look awesome. :P As such I tend to take just about any opener with a rather large grain of salt.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21447 on: March 08, 2015, 04:18:15 pm »

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21448 on: March 08, 2015, 08:31:36 pm »

finally got around to watching the 2nd episode of Yuki Yuna is a Hero. This is the most shonen anime featuring an all-girl cast I've seen in a while. Probably since Kill la Kill.

It's deliciously campy shonen.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21449 on: March 08, 2015, 09:44:44 pm »

Ever since Bleach I've learned that openers will often throw teammates in battles against each other not because they are actually on opposite sides, but rather because it would look awesome. :P As such I tend to take just about any opener with a rather large grain of salt.

I remember Bleach openings depicting like a half dozen different women as love interests, and then not following through on any of them.
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 2193