Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428148 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #645 on: May 27, 2009, 06:22:39 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcEEAjGtAkY

Make sure to read the lyrics in the description.

Love that song.

I think this should be Urist's theme.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 27, 2009, 06:29:55 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcEEAjGtAkY

Make sure to read the lyrics in the description.

Love that song.

I think this should be Urist's theme.

Oh fuck yes.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 28, 2009, 07:22:04 am »

Mwahahah, I'm the only engineer.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 28, 2009, 02:35:48 pm »

Steve sat staring at the cold forges like he always did. Unmoving and resolute, waiting only for the request of new weapons or armor that never comes. Still he continues his vigil whispering softly. "One day, one day, Steve will make something beautiful with you. One day, the disbelievers will understand when they see this artifact. For Steve is connected to the metal. Steve feels the molten bronze core in his chest that pumps fire through these bones. Steve will make them understand as Steve's vengeance against their puny kind unfurls..."
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #649 on: May 28, 2009, 04:31:42 pm »

Urist crept out of the river cave.  The steel floodgates that led to the hallway were lowered, as they always were.  She peered out to her left and then her right.  No dwarves.  She had figured there wouldn't be any rebels with sacks bearded enough to live down here below the flooded peasant level.

She walked slowly to the main stairwell, her ears scanning the night for sounds.  All she could hear was faint drippings coming from the flooded peasants quarters and falling into puddles along this level.  She crept up the stairwell.  The sealed floodgates of the peasant level made her smile.  She knew that thirty someodd dwarves lay in there, or rather, piles of bones there were once thirty someodd dwarves.  Atis Athelkuds dead body lay in there as well.  There was no proper burial for her or for most of her sons and daughters that were in there with her.

Urist poked her head to the top of the ramp.  Deadly quiet.  Nothing was moving.

She made her way to the entrance of the fortress.  The bridge was up and the gate was sealed obviously.  She walked to the main corridor where it opened up onto the great vomitous courtyard.  She could hear the marksdwarves above her along the walls.  She recognized the voices of Lord Lego and Lord Labs.  She seethed with rage as she heard them laughing and joking.  Well, this route out of the fortress was blocked.  And she wasnt going to charge the barracks tower with the marksdwarves firing from above and behind her. 

No...the only option now was to kill the dwarves in the old hospital, then rush back to the water tunnels and to freedom.

She walked back down the hallway and stood in front of the oaken door.  She tightened her grip on her axe, took a deep breath, then kicked in the door. 

HACK!!!       SPLATTER!!!

She cleaved the first dwarf she saw, which was a miller lying to the right of the door.  A loud scream went out.  The room immediately filled with life....and terror.  Urist swung the blade again, severely wounding a champion in full plate. 

Huh? she thought to herself.  What was a champion doing in the hospital sleeping in full plate?  It was then that she noticed Reg Craftgranite, the Eribite Heir shrieking in horror as Urist swung the axe yet again, knocking a recruit backwards and to the floor.  Urist pushed a dwarf aside then charged towards Reg.

A Champion (ironically also named Reg) leapt from his bed and tried to stop Urist.  All he managed to do was slow her down.  She beat him over the head with th butt of her axe, knocking the dwarf unconscious.  Then she lifted the blade high over the Eribite Heir.  He screamed as he knew he was about to die, and was too crippled to even move.

As the axe blade came down, some sad sack of a peasant leapt on top of his mayor, taking the fatal blow and leaving a corpse in the way of the next strike. 

It was an impressive sacrifice, and in the moment of awe one of the wounded champions managed to jump on Urists back and tackle her to the ground.  She lost hold of her axe.  Not good.

She kicked and contorted, but this dwarf was quite a wrestler.  She grappled with him as the unconscious Champion axedwarf Reg was getting up and shaking off his stupor.  Urist at last freed herself, just in time to see Reg coming at her with his axe.  She was defenseless!

She leapt backwards and out of the room.  Off to her right the marksdwarves were just turning the corner down the main corridor, responding to the disturbance and shouts for help coming from the hospital.

Urist took off the other way, and darting down the stairwell.  She leapt down each level of stairs until she was on the old nobles level.  She could hear the clanging metal of the dwarves chain and plate mail as they ran down the stairs after her.  She ran as fast as she could to the river, gulped as much air as her lungs could hold, then dove into the placid water.

She had only managed to kill two peasants and wound three military dwarves, but she had almost killed their leader.  The rebels were left reeling in shock and awe.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:51:16 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #650 on: May 28, 2009, 05:32:08 pm »

Urist pulled herself up onto the side of the moat.  She  was panting for air as she look up onto the fortifications.  There were no marksdwarves.  She rested for a second, catching her breath, then got up and began to walk back to the temple soaking wet.

SPLOOSH!!!

There was a loud splash behind her, then the sound of a dwarf gasping for breath.  Damn!  She really hadnt expected that!  These rebels were as tenacious as her!  She began running back to the temple, for she knew not how many dwarves would come out of that moat, or the fortress gates in a moment.  The temple door was still opened, waiting for her return.  She had to close it!  She rushed back, MadMonkey24 was standing guard....err...lying guard.  He was dead asleepnext to the lever.  Urist rushed to pull it, then she slapped the dwarf awake. 

The temple doors took time to seal however, and in that moment the axedwarf that had been chasing her since the old hospital managed to run in before they shut.  Urist dodged Reg's axe swing, then grabbed MadMonkey's demon sword.  She stabbed Reg in the left lower leg, dropping the fighter to the ground.  She kicked his axe away from him as he grabbed his leg in pain.  Urist simply tossed the sword back to MadMonkey24.

"Arent you going to kill him?" he asked, now wide awake.

"Oh no," smiled the Queen.  "We're going to make an example of this one!"  She reached forward and grabbed the champion by the beard, then dragged his wounded body downstairs, into the depths of the Temple of Armok.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #651 on: May 29, 2009, 12:35:51 pm »

Steve sat by the forges.  They had finally been reclaimed from the rebels through the bravery of the miners.

Steve had just finished casting spears.  That was all he ever crafted.  Once, many years ago, he had crafted seven masterwork adamantine axes that were still in use by the axe dwarves.  Some had ended up in the hands of the rebels, and some with the loyalists.  These spears the Duchess always demanded werent really weapons in Steve's mind.  No speardwarves guarded Blockedlance!  The only use found for his spears had been in the temple suicide and baby killing booths.

The worst part was, that even what little work there was, was often taken by the Dungeon Master!

Steve sat forgotten and forelorn...

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #652 on: May 29, 2009, 01:06:25 pm »

Mogror paced back and forth along the temple heights.  He was staring down upon the rebels windmill constructions.  The Queen was with him, surveying the progress.

"Damn them!" shouted Mogror.  "Damn them to the seventy-nine hells!"

"Wait....theres more hells than that!" corrected Queen Urist.

"No.  I stop counting them as hells after the Hell of the Infinite Void.  I knew a lot of the guys that created some of the hells that came after that and I have to say, Im not very impressed.  I mean, come on.  The Hell of Uncomfortable Chairs?"

"Yeah, you have a point.  Thats really more of an Elf Hell."

"Well these bastard rebels have stolen my blueprints for Project Mechanical Overload!!!  I think that warrants the Hell of Eternal Wounds...Id love to see their faces when they first arrive and Lord Rustedblade the Giver of Stabbing starts stabbing them over and over!"  Mogror chuckled, then sighed as he stared off into space.  "That brings back a lot of memories..."

"What?  You spent time in the Hell of Eternal Wounds?"

"Yeah, I was lucky, I got out after a few thousand years, and Lord Rustedblade even let me go back to my old life and time as if nothing had ever happened.  I guess he realized that we just had a lot in common.  I still write the old bastard every now and again!  Good guy.  Lovely wife."

There was silence for a moment as the Queen stared at the mad engineer.

"Wow Mogror....I learn something new about you every day."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 29, 2009, 07:31:13 pm »

I laughed extremely hard.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #654 on: May 29, 2009, 07:53:51 pm »

The feeling is mutual

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 29, 2009, 10:42:53 pm »

mogror of this story is possibly my favorite of them all  ;D

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #656 on: May 30, 2009, 01:18:00 pm »

FPS is a LOT better with half the dwarves dead.  Even with the moat and the flooding and the noble cave river and the mechanisms, Im getting 30 FPS now.  Thats doable.

Anyways, time is going a bit faster now, so its already Spring of 232.

The number of Rebel marksdwarves are dwindling.  Lord Lego and Lord Labs, you should feel scared now, as should the rest of the rebels because without the marksdwarves they lose their greatest defense against Urist.

Anyways, this spring some elves came.  They managed to sneak up all the way to the gates of Blockedlance in their attempt to enter our cage stockpiles and free their elf kin!  Urist had to watch helplessly from atop the temple and hope that these foul rebels could mount the strength to drive off the attack...

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1375-prisonbreak1

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #657 on: May 31, 2009, 03:49:28 pm »

Eagle spent more and more of his time with hobby craftwork.  He also liked to get out of the cave and away from Catten and Mistem.  He had taken to going down into town every now and again for craft supplies.  He had seen the immense windmill constructions atop the fortress entrance, and he decided that it must be getting a lot safer down in Blockedlance with the Queen locked up.

With the access to new materials and workshops, his hobby crafting went to an obsessive extreme.

Over the course of the summer he crafted an artifact dolomite coffer with a picture of a demon on it.  Thats about as cool as you can get with a coffer.

He placed the coffer in his cave only to find the place empty and a note from Catten. 

Eagle,

I was out of powder so Mistem left.  I went to town to look for more, but I have found my sister is crippled from trying to commit suicide.  Im gonna be living in town for a while.  Sorry buddy, I know you like company and all.  Sorry Mistem never wanted you to join in, but hey, if you find some powder Im sure shed get with you!  Good luck homeskillet!

Catten

Eagle was shocked and saddened by the thought of Catten's little sister trying to kill herself.  He tried not to wonder what Catten may have done to the little girl that drove her to it.

Oh well...at least he FINALLY had his cave back all to himself.  There was a lot he wanted to do with it.  He was gonna tap the Fortress water tunnels and build a well, then pump some of that water up and make a small tower cap garden so he could get wood for more bins and barrels.

Now that it was truly his, he was going to make this place his home.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2009, 04:04:42 pm »

Catten walked in to the old hospital, which was the only available sleeping place for him.  He picked out a spot next to the Eribite Mayor.  He tried not to be noticed by the tax collector.  Catten had never paid one credit to that guy.

He looked over and saw a dwarf hovering in the air, surrounded by blue light.

"What the fuck?" he shouted.  He pointed at the floating dwarf, then looked to the dwarf next to him.  "Do you see that?"

"Yeah, he's been like that for twenty years or so."

"Huh?  Hes been floating for twenty years?" asked Catten, shocked.

"Yep.  He cant get down."

"Have you tried pulling him down?"

"Well, trouble is hes not really a physical entity as you and I might recognize a physical entity."

Catten just stared blankly.  The dwarf sighed then grabbed a small rock off the rough cavern floor.  He chucked it at the blue floating dwarf.  It went right through him.

"See?  We cant even spot him with the V or K commands, he doesnt come up on radar.  That dwarf," he explained, "has transcended this reality."

"Wooooowwwwww...." said Catten, still tripping from his last line of quarcaine.  He stared at the dwarf floating in the blue light.  His mind was utterly blown.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:46:30 pm by MrGimp »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 31, 2009, 04:07:05 pm »

Fuck yes. Eagle's got his cave back.

EDIT: Lol, cant see him with the V or K commands. What is he, a glitch? Or a hallucination?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 164