Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428239 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #495 on: May 09, 2009, 09:02:07 pm »

Holy diver, you are down so long in the midnight seaaaa
Oh what's becoming of meeeeee

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 09, 2009, 09:35:37 pm »

They deserve it for getting locked in there against their will in the first place. What do you mean they didn't have any choice? Still there fault

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok)
« Reply #497 on: May 09, 2009, 10:23:35 pm »

One question: How will you be doing this? Just use a program to turn all those dwarves that revolt into enemies?

I dont really know how Im going to do it actually...I dont really plan things...things just kinda happen as I go. 

Well...I have some ideas.  Im definitely going to try and provoke a bunch of dwarves.   :P

Well the problem with making them go crazy is that they'll fight each other if they fight at all.  For an organized revolt, the best idea is to to set them as enemies and let the fun unfold (maybe locking the neutral ones somewhere safe at the same time).  Ultimately your call, of course.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok)
« Reply #498 on: May 09, 2009, 10:37:38 pm »

One question: How will you be doing this? Just use a program to turn all those dwarves that revolt into enemies?

I dont really know how Im going to do it actually...I dont really plan things...things just kinda happen as I go. 

Well...I have some ideas.  Im definitely going to try and provoke a bunch of dwarves.   :P

Well the problem with making them go crazy is that they'll fight each other if they fight at all.  For an organized revolt, the best idea is to to set them as enemies and let the fun unfold (maybe locking the neutral ones somewhere safe at the same time).  Ultimately your call, of course.

How do I do that?  Dwarf Companion?
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 09, 2009, 11:45:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can.  I haven't used companion, though.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2009, 12:52:13 am »

Yeah, companion has a setting to where you can set specific dwarves as enemies. Cant check it now, but ill go take a look tomorrow and tell you what it is, if im not beaten to it. Also, can i see my stats screen? Or maybe my little hideout? Thanks in advance.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #501 on: May 10, 2009, 01:36:36 am »

Eagle was apprehensive.  He paced around his hovel.  These recent floodings were the straw that broke the camels back...he had to get out of here.  He had already lost so many of his family members.

But where would he go?  There were no outposts of the Ageless Matched Lashes beyond Blockedlance anymore.  Letterclose was a ruined junkheap.  The other nearby dwarven civilization was not very friendly to the Ageless Matched Lashes, and was cbarely clinging to existence in any event.  Eagle would have to travel far to the north to find a safe mountain home....that was a journey he would not likely survive.

Eagle had often peered up at the great mountains that rose above the fortress.  He had heard the stories of the Spirit of Fire that had lived up in the hills above Blockedlance for a year before being killed by Urist's guards.

Eagle decided to carve out a little Eagle perch as high in the mountain as he could go.  Only the temple and the southeast tower were higher up than his home.

The entrance to Eagles cave was windy, and he planned on setting it with a multitude of traps.

You can see some beak dogs charging down the hill at our great fortress in that pic.  haha  Mangy hounds.

The stairway then lead 5 levels or so down into the sandy soil below, where eagle would plant a crop of plump helmets once a year to make food and booze out of.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 10, 2009, 01:51:32 am »

So it's like a mini-hermit challenge within a community fortress that started out as a hermit challenge?  Sweet.

By the way, how's Christes doing?  What deity does she worship anyway?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2009, 02:05:20 am »

God of luck? Oh, irony

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2009, 02:20:44 am »

Speaking of irony....uhhhhh....

So Christes, you know how you were asking how your dwarf was doing?  Yeah um....well....I guess shes doing better now than she was before.  Erm....she kinda was feeling bummed recently.  She...

I guess she was tormented by those dreams of Tradan and the conflict between her sense of duty, and her desire to see a sane monarch placed upon the throne.  Plus the no booze in the military thing didnt help.

Anyways, you worshipped Lebes the Legendary Crypt, God of duty and suicide....which is good cuz you just threw yourself in the moat.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2009, 02:31:09 am »

Together.... forever... with yooooou....

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2009, 03:25:08 am »

I request a dwarf by the name of Ravus Maniacus, and that he be a mechanic.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2009, 06:32:47 am »

Booosh, Mogror scores!
That's actually kind of creepy.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2009, 09:40:25 am »

Yaaaaay (?)!! Now we can have our souls devoured together

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 10, 2009, 01:23:32 pm »

Alright, i have no idea how to have a controlled breakdown using DC. I made one of my guys a zombie, and everyone attacked him, but then other people started dying for no reason. Doesnt seem like what you're looking for.

We do have a river right? Ive got to get a channel going over to my farm, so i can have some water and a well. Then i need to steal things from the stockpiles to furnish and improve my hideout. Mwuahahaha!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:25:47 pm by Eagle »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 164