Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 427719 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - Skirmishes of Ragnarok
« Reply #2370 on: May 12, 2011, 09:37:06 pm »

wow this is one awesome fort :D.

can i have a dwarf please hopefully he wont die too soon.

Sure, what do you want to name him?

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2371 on: May 13, 2011, 11:16:25 am »

Here is an update on the fortress constructions.  You can see the inn and tavern going up in the background.  In the foreground, the tower base continues to climb higher.  Just the base of the tower has eaten up a lot of our once massive diorite stockpile. 

There have been some changes to the tower's base.  There was no longer a lower balcony, and the front of the base had a facade of dolomite pillars raising up.

Also of note, the High Priest has blessed the water in the outer moat, and turned that into holy magma as well.  Our lava moat is now complete.  It took EXTREME dedication.  I have to edit the lava one tile at a time.  One.  Fucking.  Tile.  At.  A.  Time.

It took a whole day.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: May 13, 2011, 11:44:26 am »

Wow, one tile at a time!? Jeez, I pity you for having to do that.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

liam1994

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: May 13, 2011, 03:55:14 pm »

Name him liam and make him a crossbow dwarf please.

denisol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: May 17, 2011, 02:43:53 pm »

am i dead yet?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: May 18, 2011, 07:54:01 am »

and is Tor in?
I am a Goober.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2376 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:31 pm »

Name him liam and make him a crossbow dwarf please.

Ok no problem.

am i dead yet?

Youre not dead (yet), but thankfully, your parents are!  And since your elder brother is being held captive in a goblin fortress somewhere, you are now the leader of the Kurkish clan.

and is Tor in?

Yes.  You and all the other recent additions are in and will appear within the next update or two.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: May 21, 2011, 11:55:12 am »

this story should be made into a book. really.

i am only around the chapter 9, but the story is just plain awesome.

so, yeah, do a book! with pictures! get an artist to draw them! or just use the screens, but then it won't look as preety.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: May 21, 2011, 01:35:40 pm »

It comes out that i AM an artist :v
i can do it,if you need,Mr Gimp :3
I am a Goober.

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: May 22, 2011, 05:37:38 am »

FGK dwarf has been ecstatic lately. He admired a legendary community fort recently.

Truly, this is the greatest fortress in dwarven history! It took me two weeks to read through the story, but it was worth it! May I be dwarfed? Name Vega; I'll take whichever dwarf shows most aptitude for Hamiltonian Mechanics...

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 22, 2011, 08:46:05 am »

I must say, when I was half way through this thread, and posts were still being listed as 2009,  I figured that by the time I reached the end of the most recent page that the story would have ended.  But I was wrong,  man oh man this 40D fortress keeps on ticking!

Has Ragnarok all ready happened, with you needing to post updates to catch us up? Or if the Ragnarok has not happened in the game,  how many more years ahead of the story is the actual game? And when do you think Ragnarok will happen?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2381 on: May 23, 2011, 09:43:06 pm »

this story should be made into a book. really.

i am only around the chapter 9, but the story is just plain awesome.

so, yeah, do a book! with pictures! get an artist to draw them! or just use the screens, but then it won't look as preety.

Thanks for the praise!  I cant help but see it as mad hermit ramblings....but maybe mad hermit ramblings are good?  This is bay12 dammit!

If anyone wants to make fan art for their favorite scenes that would be great!  We can string them together into a book of sorts, or I can edit the pictures into their respective spots in the story.

It comes out that i AM an artist :v
i can do it,if you need,Mr Gimp :3

Hell yeah!  Fan art would be great!  I pretty much suck at drawing, but if anyone wants to depict the horror of Blockedlance in graphic form, please do!

FGK dwarf has been ecstatic lately. He admired a legendary community fort recently.

Truly, this is the greatest fortress in dwarven history!

Given the epic history of dwarves, this compliment humbles me, good sir!

May I be dwarfed? Name Vega; I'll take whichever dwarf shows most aptitude for Hamiltonian Mechanics...

Sure, Ill put you in.  Hamiltonian Mechanics eh?  I wonder....does that make him smarter than the average dwarf (because he has advanced beyond Newton) or does that make him slower than the average dwarf (because the dwarves of DF seem to have an innate understanding of Quantum Mechanics)?

I must say, when I was half way through this thread, and posts were still being listed as 2009,  I figured that by the time I reached the end of the most recent page that the story would have ended.  But I was wrong,  man oh man this 40D fortress keeps on ticking!

They said there would never be a 100 year old community fort with a fully chronicled history.  Some said it was insanity to go past five decades.  We ate those people and now wear their skin as leather thongs.  They said of us that we had succumbed to madness......  Madness?  THIS! IS! BLOCKEDLANCE!!!

Has Ragnarok all ready happened, with you needing to post updates to catch us up? Or if the Ragnarok has not happened in the game,  how many more years ahead of the story is the actual game? And when do you think Ragnarok will happen?

Ragnarok has not happened yet.  Im usually only a couple seasons ahead of the story.  Sometimes a few years.  My schedule is chaotic and random (the way I like it) so it varies.

No one knows when Ragnarok will come.  Elven legend says Ragnarok will come when the son of Armok sits upon the throne of Sil Gomath.  Dwarven legend says that Ragnarok will come when the last brewer has died and the knowledge of alcohol has been lost to the world.  Still others believe that all of reality revolves around Urist, and that when she dies the universe will end.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: May 24, 2011, 07:38:01 am »

Right, I'm totally going to draw some stuff.
I never quite read through all the pages though, sadly pre-paid internet is not gonna last long in the face of such awesomeness. :( But perhaps I'll draw young Yoigen being swung by the feet, cracking the skulls of those would-be-assassins a few chapters back. >:D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: May 24, 2011, 08:56:27 am »

Mogror laughs at the dwarves dying of "old age". A little bit of over-extended existance never hurt anyone! I wonder if Armok could bestow extended life on more dwarves?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: May 24, 2011, 01:17:59 pm »

Sure, Ill put you in.  Hamiltonian Mechanics eh?  I wonder....does that make him smarter than the average dwarf (because he has advanced beyond Newton) or does that make him slower than the average dwarf (because the dwarves of DF seem to have an innate understanding of Quantum Mechanics)?

Bah, you modern dwarves and your quantum mechanics! Armok does not play dice!
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 164