Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131187 times)

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 04:48:52 pm »

A tree? What kind of hippy crap is that?!

I second the motion for a dwarven hotel. Even better, give it a waterslide. Somehow.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2008, 05:18:04 pm »

I second the motion for a dwarven hotel. Even better, give it a waterslide. Somehow.
That's easy! Just dig out a tunnel with a pump at one end, drop a dwarf in, and start pumping!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 08:27:37 pm »

course, you could only have it as 4/7 water, unless the tunnel is short.

maybe use this design?
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Bedroom_design#THLawrence.27s_Living_Pods

only you'd need 2 lobby levels, with the lower one being the poolhouse.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 09:23:33 pm »

In Warriors every moon they meet at Fourtrees for a Gathering.
Its something I've always wanted to make, but too lazy to build.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2008, 09:36:34 am »

still sounds a bit hippytastic. can we give the tree a magma fountain?

if not, can we turn the pool into a hot spring?  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008, 09:40:13 am »

*laughs manically*
That is a very dwarven way of thinking.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008, 01:21:06 pm »

if not, can we turn the pool into a hot spring?  :P

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008, 01:45:24 pm »

Many good ideas and the area might be big enough for both the Dwarven Hotel and the Gathering Tree. And with the threat of power outages mostly gone I can actually work out the design and order supplies from the Mountainhomes.

I'll post later with the first update of the Grand Project

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2008, 02:13:22 pm »

Neato! too bad i'll be gone for the next 5-6 days. i may or may not come on randomly though. good luck, clan of thunder!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2008, 09:53:33 pm »

Fireheart's Journal 16th Slate

Jillian and Sarek were married today. The future of Flamebanner grows brighter with each ceremony we hold.

12th Hematite

The Humans arrived today, their wagons weighed down by goods.

I put in the usual order for metal bars, food and alcohol and traded for those items and a couple bins of jaguar and leopard leather.

10th Malachite

I joined Kornash in an expedition into the hills today to dig more supplies from the rocky mountainside. We found huge veins of Gold, Silver, Clear Zircon and Resin Opal in addition to Malachite, Calcite, Sphalerite and Garnerite.

1st Limestone

Orwen gave birth to a girl who she named Reg Wallfield.

10th Limestone

Terrible events struck today.

The merchants from the Mountainhomes arrived today. Shortly after they were sighted Goblins ambushed. 3 Wrestlers and 2 Crossbowgobs were crushed by the caravan guards.

15th Limestone

We were waiting on a slow wagon when the Goblins struck again. 2 squads made up of 8 Hammergobs, 2 Wrestlers, a Swordgob and a Guard jumped out of hiding and slaughtered the straggling merchant.

The surviving merchants who were already safe within our walls immedietly fled to the south with their guards on their heels. The cowards aren't worthy of being called Dwarves.

I ordered everyone inside and had the gates sealed. Only Wok and Hawkfrost were at their stations outside the gates. The Goblins came down into the deserted construction site and were promptly engaged by Hawkfrost. His lack of skill with the axe didn't prevent him from rending the arms and legs from 5 Goblins before they could even lift a shield in defense. The morale of the remaining Goblins was broken and they fled back into the hillswhile Hawkfrost stayed to finish the 5 he had wounded. Wok didn't even try to help his squadmate and stood in the middle of the building site polishing his sword.

While Hawkfrost's battle raged I met with out Liason and requested stone blocks, metal, boze and food to aid out building efforts.

19th Limestone

2 Lashers a Guard and 2 Wrestlers were discovered by one of Sarek's cats who was caught outside when the gates closed. The feline was apparently caused quite a scare as the Goblins vanished back into the hills without advancing.

23rd Limestone

With our territory safe from intruders once more I ordered the gates opened and we rushed out into the fresh air. The mood was only slightly ruined by the noise of several Dwarves vomiting upon feeling the sun on their faces.

The civilians went out to collect the Goblin's equipment and finish hauling the new building material inside.

Hawkfrost was hailed as a hero for his defence of the fortress. Wok was reprimanded for his failure to aid his squadmate in battle. We found Sir Nil and Vabok passed out drunk in a corner of the Dining Hall. I can't deny a fellow Dwarf his booze but I warned them that if it happened again there would be serious consequences.

After a period of mourning our dead brethren we carried Kib Duthnurezum: Merchant into the tombs. He drinks with our ancestors tonight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that was quite an exciting time. I got nothing done on the Grand Project except for adding floor where there weren't any then removing them so I could build the walls once I had the materials.

A couple things I did notice for future reference:

Legolord: I have NO access to Cinnabar so your lever request is impossible.

Hawkfrost: I only just noticed that your Dwarf is female. Hopefully thats not a problem since its a bit late to change things now that you've gained fame in battle.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2008, 10:16:05 pm »

No cinnabar?  Dang.  How about a calcite lever?
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2008, 10:43:47 pm »

That I can do  ;D

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2008, 10:54:09 pm »

Wow, five kills already.
I have no problem with having a female dwarf, so its no trouble.

When I started reading it I was dreading that Hawkfrost would die in her first fight, its a relief that she did so well.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2008, 10:57:22 pm »

Esspecially since she was the only one fighting

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2008, 08:05:48 pm »

Fireheart's Journal 23rd Limestone

We began work on a Grand Project today. Orwen is in charge with Kornash, Korgan, Akhier, Barbarossa, Zaneg and Legolord under her orders.

We began with an extension to the defensive wall so that we can work in safety. Felsite is being used for its abundance in our territory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1st Timber

The construction site has been surrounded by walls and Kornash began digging out the lobby, including a couple of staircases and halls leading off the remaining 2 sides.

13th Timber

We began work on the floor above the lobby which according to Orwen's plans will be the start of the suites.

She also set Zaneg to smelting gold and silver and melting Goblin iron so this will obviously be a metal intensive project.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 106