Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131194 times)

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2008, 06:16:15 pm »

Diary of Korgan.

So the work has begun on the hotel. I'm not entirely sure what went through the head of Fireheart when he decided to build it, but it will be a magnificently dwarvenly feat of engineering, not to mention the obvious luxury that will go into the creation of the rooms. I hope I will be part of the crew that makes all the furniture. Although that will mean I will have to improve my skills significantly. I should speak with Fireheart about this. I wonder if I could get a room in the hotel, too. Its not that I mind living in the current room, I mean, I love it and all and the statue is impressive as hells, its just that living in the hotel would be quite swanky...A dwarf can dream, a dwarf can dream...
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2008, 10:38:12 pm »

Barbarossa's Log- Stardate: 735-122808

I have begun work upon my imaginary masterpiece. In my dreams, I have seen 2 lobsters spiraling around each other like those weird spirals with dots that spiral when you move them in a spiraling manner. in the dream, one is made of gold, the other, microcline. they are on the roof of a hotel. a pool is between them. I will now proceed as normal with my "job."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2008, 05:34:45 pm »

3rd Malachite

Wok strode from his room, sword swinging at his side. As he passed the Dining Hall he heard the laughter and drunken talk of another of Sarek’s parties. Perhaps he could drop by after his turn at the gates was over.

As he reached the stairs he heard screams of fear and Hawkfrost’s shout.

“Goblins!”

Rushing up the stairs and to the gates he saw Hawkfrost trying to distract several Goblins from Newb who had been cornered against the wall. Wok could see the weariness in him as he deflected blows with his shield.

Drawing his sword and rushing to his friends aid he was jumped by another ambush. 4 Wrestlers charged him with wicked grins on their faces. Standing his ground he ran the first Wrestler through the heart before it could dodge. The second and third were dropped minus a few limbs and the forth tried to flee but was grabbed by Vabok and tossed into the nearest pond.

Sir Nil had arrived while he fought and was pounding his hammer against a Lasher’s body while another lay twitching at his feet.

Wok continued his charge toward Hawkfrost and was close enough to see a Guard’s spear punch through his left arm with a spray of blood. Swinging his sword he broke the Guard’s spear and severed his foot at the same time. He then cut across the creatures poorly protected chest cutting him in half.

Sir Nil had meanwhile killed the last 2 Lashers and was turning to the remaining invaders when he was overcome by the desire for a drink. He vanished into the fortress leaving Wok to fight the remaining Goblins.

The Wrestler turned to face Wok while the Macegob continued to beat on Hawkfrost. Swinging his blade he sent the Wrestler’s head spinning into the trees and turned in time to see the Macegob knock Hawkfrost to the ground. Newb had managed to escape inside as the number of invaders dwindled leaving Wok as the only target. After seeing all his allies killed the Macegob checked his options with a scared look crossing his face. Before he could make any move though he found Wok’s sword sticking out of his chest.

As the civilians rushed out to strip the corpses Wok checked Hawkfrost to find that though severely beaten he was still alive. With Vabok’s help they carried Hawkfrost to the Barracks to recover.
----------------------------------------------------------
The Kill Count now stands at this:

Wok: 23
Sir Nil: 17
Vabok: 4
Hawkfrost: 6

Note: Not all of these have occured in the updates yet.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2008, 06:21:10 pm »

is wok a real swordsdwarf by now?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2008, 07:45:27 pm »

Beats me, I haven't checked his skills for a while. I'll check for the next update and let you know.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2008, 11:14:37 am »

I like how you can take an ASC-II battle between a few dwarf heads and some letter G's and turn it into an epic battle!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2008, 12:16:19 pm »

Thanks  ;D I'm surprising myself with my writing

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2009, 04:41:12 pm »

An Orpiment statue? unnecessary? maybe. awesome? probably.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2009, 12:35:34 pm »

seriously, that was a bump. this is too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2009, 02:54:33 am »

Sorry for the lack of news guys. The last week has been filled with me playing with some new games. I reached the point today where I can no longer play all day and still progress so I finally have the time to work with Flamebanner. Starting with the less interesting side of the last update in mostly journal form.
--------------------------------------------------------------
4th Malachite

Wok and Sir Nil stood in Fireheart's office as their leader scribbled orders and updated logs. Finally he set aside his books and turned to the soldiers.

"The battle yesterday showed that we must make changes to ensure our continued survival and prosperity." Fireheart said. As Wok and Nil stared back blankly he continued. "Nil, you and Wok are the best soldiers in the fortress. You've been through many battles and shown nothing but bravery in the face of danger." Grinning and standing straighter they prepared themselves for whatever reward Fireheart had decided to grant them.

This changed in a moment at his next words. "That is why I have decided to remove you both from active duty starting now." Raising a hand to stop the flood of questions and protests from spilling out he continued. "You have protected us well but also denied the others any chance of gaining glory in battle themselves. Sparring with each other can only get them so far. They need true bloodthirsty enemies to fight. Creatures that won't hold back to prevent injury." He said, voice rising as he spoke.

"Hawkfrost and Vabok almost constantly require bedrest to heal from multitudes of light wounds or just to regain conciousness while you 2 go out, kill everything in sight then come inside to drink with almost no injuries to speak of! You will still be armed and ready should the need arise but if you are found fighting when Hawkfrost or Vabok are already handaling the situation then there will be consequences!"

Taking a breath to calm himself he said, in a voice so low that Wok and Nil had to strain to hear "If they remain so unskilled I fear they will be lost to the Goblins. I can not allow what happened in the north to happen again. Not as long as I have a bit of strength left in me."

Rising from his seat Fireheart led them out the door and into the Dining Hall where another of Sarek's wild parties was already in full swing. "Both of you, take some time to enjoy the less violent things we have here. Wok, go spend some time with your girlfriend. She keeps complaining that she only sees you in the engravings these days." As Wok vanished into the crowd Fireheart turned to Nil. "As for you try making some friends outside the military. There are many good Dwarves here, get to know who you're protecting."

Nil went off toward the far end of the room, where Sarek was telling stories of his adventures and the discovery of his talent for weaponcraft. Fireheart took a seat nearby with a mug of ale in hand while the party raged around him.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully this non-journal thing will get better with time.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2009, 03:05:45 am »

Fireheart's Journal 12th Malachite

The merchants left today, killing a couple of snatchers on their way out. They must have heard about all the kids running around here. At least it gives us more things to trade.

1st Galena

Orwen gave birth today. She named the boy Kubuk Metsteel. Sarek threw a party to welcome him to the fortress.

We also had 2 sets of wolf pups born today.
------------------------------------------------------------
Skills will be posted in the next update which should be up soon. Comments are welcome as well as requests for Dwarves.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2009, 09:08:44 am »

can't wait until there are four champions! they'll rip everything into pieces comparable to those a carp leaves behind!

[goblin chunks] x50

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2009, 04:34:01 pm »

Nice update.
I noticed some lines from Warriors in that, awesome.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2009, 05:47:12 pm »

10 ☼Felsite mugs☼ that Wok is gonna fey during his off time. Hopefully making the coolest stone bracelet ever at the craftsdwarf, since he probably doesn't have other fey skills that would activate.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2009, 07:12:25 pm »

10 ☼Felsite mugs☼ that Wok is gonna fey during his off time. Hopefully making the coolest stone bracelet ever at the craftsdwarf, since he probably doesn't have other fey skills that would activate.
Wouldn't you rather him make some stone weapon?  That would would be even better.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 106