Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131291 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1095 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:50 am »

i'll Join if there is Space for another Dwarf

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 22, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »

Always space for another  :)

Any preference for name or gender or profession?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 24, 2010, 05:05:02 am »

Zu Ende , Male, Grammar Nazi

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 18, 2010, 09:56:03 pm »

I do believe it's time for a bump from the 4th page and almost a month ago.

I like this story.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 22, 2010, 04:08:13 pm »

2nd Malachite, Year 19

"This is the last load of glass Reg!" Legolord called down from his place on the tower. Seeing the Head Mason's head nod he turned back to the business of carving the slabs of green glass and fitting them into place.

Down on the wall Reg was looking over the plans Barbarossa had drawn up while her crew of Masons laid the final pieces of felsite, diorite and granite into the wall. Rolling up the plans Reg walked over to the battlements and peered through a hole that had yet to be filled.

"Hows it going down there Barbarossa?" She called once she spotted the dwarf busily carving away at the wall.

"The carving is just about done! Went slower without my Apprentice but a few more hours and it'll be perfect!" The Engraver replied as he tossed his worn tools onto the growing pile and pulled a fresh set from his belt.

Pleased with how well the work had gone Reg gathered up her tools, passed command of the site over to Korgan and began the trek back to the fortress to give Firetower and Kanet her report...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flamebanner is back in business again. The wall is finally done and I'll be commemorating the moment with a brief visual tour of the fortress's more interesting/busy areas.

Also I will give a report on the current condition of the fortress and Dwarves after a 2 year pause.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 22, 2010, 04:14:21 pm »

Yay! It's back!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 22, 2010, 04:33:29 pm »

VISUAL TOUR OF FLAMEBANNER

First off we have the South Gate and Ballista Tower, first line of Defense from Southern invaders.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next is the Golden Gatehouse leading into the Hotel

Now we come to the main meeting area of Flamebanner, safe within the fortress walls

The home of the Mansionbrimmed family, the Warrior Kornash Mansionbrimmed and several of his sons earned their family a place in Flamebanner's history and a home worthy of their skill in battle.

This statue was forged to honor the Warrior and his honorable death at the hands of those who would destroy our fortress.

Next on the tour is the glass tower built for Orwen when she still lived.

The Hall of Heroes was built as a shrine to the growing number of Dwarven Warriors who have given their lives for Flamebanner and Thunderclan. It is also currently used for animal and prisoner storage.

The Greenhouses were built to restock the fortress storerooms after they mysteriously emptied. Now the ingredients for new dishes and brews are grown on site, slightly lessening our need for Elven imports.

At last we come to the newest construction in Flamebanner: The Flaming Wall. Built over a period of 2 years to defend the Western border of Flamebanner the wall is covered in carvings of fire that seem to course along the entirety of the Felsite construction.

The Lookout Tower was added to give guards a birds eye view of Thunderclan terriotry.

Finally our tour brings us to the top of the Shrine of Armok, where we can look out over the fortress and see what we have built here and what we are defending from the combined forces of Goblin and Undead.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 22, 2010, 04:58:28 pm »

The Fortress report:

Currently we have 10,003,269 Created Wealth, 1,779,334 Imported Wealth and 252,878 Exported Wealth

Our storerooms are filling nicely with a current stock of 11,207. 4,174 of which are drinks of assorted varieties.

We have 136 Dwarves:
16 Babies
33 Children
2 Miners
3 Woodworkers
8 Metalsmiths
1 Jeweler
6 Craftsdwarves
8 Nobles/Admin
15 Peasants
1 Fishery Worker
16 Farmers
2 Engineers
and 35 Warriors

We have 14 trained animals, among them several black bears and wolves as well as a few jaguars and leopards.
We have 65 other animals, mostly mountain goats, wolves and deer
We also have around a dozen Goblin/Undead prisoners

We've had 1 new artifact: Meltdrenched, a mountain goat bone right gauntlet with an image of the Undead Diamondsnake and several other decorations.

Storywise I am preparing a number of new enemies who will be joining with our current foes. Some of them will be real and killable while others will only be present in spirit and story.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:03:05 pm by thunderclan »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 22, 2010, 07:38:25 pm »

Ooh, ghost enemies!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 23, 2010, 03:48:02 am »

Wow, I just counted and I believe Newb has the largest family in the fortress: 16 kids...and I think most of them are still alive too!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 23, 2010, 10:09:55 pm »

10th Moonstone

"Domas!" The sound of Kanet's voice brought the young Warrior running across the Barracks to stand before the Deputy.

"A single squad of Goblins has been spotted on the Eastern border and Firetower has decided that its the perfect chance to test our new forces. Take your squad out and remove them."

The words had barely left Kanet's mouth before Domas was grabbing his armor and mace and running out the door...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 24, 2010, 09:07:44 pm »

10th Moonstone

Domas watched the invaders from his hiding spot in the bushes. As his squad mates gathered around him the Dwarf advanced, keeping low as he drew his mace from his belt.

Glancing down the line at his squad the Warrior let out an unintelligible warcry and leapt from the shadows, mace striking the lead Goblin's shoulder before the Master Lasher's whip snaked around his leg and pulled him to the ground.

The Goblin grinned down at his stunned foe as the Lashers and Swordgobs surrounded them.

Tightening the grip on his mace Domas growled at the Goblin.

For a moment the Goblins faces held looks of confusion. These were quickly replaced with looks of fear as the bushes rustled and a trio of wolves leapt out, snarling as they padded toward the creatures threatening their master.

One of the Lashers broke from the circle and fled toward the border. His retreat was cut short as a jaguar leapt down from the trees and sank his teeth into the Goblin's throat.

The distraction caused by his squad was all Domas needed to cut through the whip with his dagger, swing his mace into the Master Lasher's chest and regain his footing, ready to fight the Goblins that remained.

Surveying the field the Dwarf was impressed at the carnage his animals had inflicted. The jaguars were sinking claws into a new target while a Lasher managed to catch the rear leg of one of the black bears. The Dwarf laughed as the bear yanked his leg back and brought the unlucky Lasher flying into the bear's crushing embrace.

Pulling himself away from the entertaining scene Domas threw himself at a Swordgob, catching the Goblin's weapon on his shield and bashing his weapon arm repeatedly with the mace. As the invader stumbled back, clutching his broken arm the Warrior swung his weapon again, hitting the Goblin in the face and sending him crumpling to the ground.

Without warning the desire for booze sprang up, overpowering the Dwarf's mind and sending him running back in the direction of the fortress, pausing only to knock aside 2 Goblins who tried to block his path.

The final 2 enemies glanced hopefully at the retreating Dwarf before the full fury of the animals was turned upon them. As the blood-covered and in a few cases bleeding animals headed toward home they left a battlefield covered in bits of Goblin...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I give you Domas: Beastmaster of Flamebanner. Honestly I didn't think a squad of 1 Dwarf and many animals would be that effective.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 24, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »

Great way to save dwarves, I suppose. Animals breed faster.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 25, 2010, 12:10:14 am »

Plus having the War Animals roaming the fortress makes a nice final defense in the terrible event that all our other defences are overrun.  :)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 25, 2010, 03:04:10 am »

Judging from the Posts , i can Tell that there are More then a bu'ch of Tame Wild animals and all that All over the place

You , Sir , Deserves a Medal
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106