Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131286 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1125 on: July 28, 2010, 12:07:34 am »

"Pick Up Dat Spear
"No"
"I Said Pick it Up!"
"Nope"
"PICK , UP , THAT , SPEAR"
"NO!"
"Pick it Up!"
"Nope.Wav"

Metropolice Has Left the Game (Raeg Quit)
1 Metropolice Rage quitted in the making of this Scene

Wait , Wat(Done Out of Boredom , Don't Complain)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 02, 2010, 04:05:32 am »

16th Granite

As he charged the Undead the thought crossed Tezad's mind that perhaps running headlong into a group of enemies with pikes wasn't the best idea.

The thought left just as quickly as the Dwarf swung his hammer at the nearest skeleton and his hastily picked squad fell on their own targets...

Meanwhile on the Eastern border Firetower let loose a frustrated warcry as his spear ineffectivly stabbed a Skeleton through the ribs. Derek stood at the Leader's back, swords twirling about him as the invaders closed around the pair...

Suthmun parried the blow of a pike with his spear as he was pushed backward by the attacks of the Undead soldiers. As his heels hit open air he glanced behind him. This proved his final mistake as the Pikeman he had been fighting lunged forward, sending the spear sharp head of the pike through the Dwarf.

The Warrior reeled backward under the force of the blow, boots unable to find any grip on the loose soil. The skeleton pulled his weapon free and turned back to the battle as Suthmun collapsed backward, vanishing beneath the water of the pond...

Nearby Argonnek smashed a Swordsman in the face with her fist and as the Skeleton staggered back the Marksdwarf sent a bolt flying into the invader's eye. A moment later smoke poured forth from the skeleton as the bolt ignited into flames.

Pausing to reload the Dwarf glanced over to where Kanet was tearing his way through a group of Undead. Her mind snapped back to the enemy at hand when a bolt embedded itself in her shoulder. The momentary pain allowed the slightly charred Swordsman to advance on Argonnek, shield ready to catch any further bolts the Dwarf sent his way.

Argonnek struggled to tear her mind away from the pain flaring in her shoulder. As her vision cleared the Dwarf just had time to fire off a bolt which whizzed off target past the Swordsman before the longsword cut through her armor and torso. A scream erupted from the Marksdwarf's mouth as she collapsed to the ground, blood pooling around her.

An eerie noise that could possibly be called laughter rose from the Skeleton as he brought his blade up over his head for the killing blow. The invader's attack was cut short as his head was torn from his bony form by a bolt through the neck. Smashing the body aside with his crossbow Kanet took up a position near his fallen lover, pulling his mace and hammer from their belt loops...

Back among Tezad's squad the battle had turned in Thunderclan's favor. No Warriors had died since Suthmun while the Undead had lost several of their number. Despite this the emotionless creatures continued to fight.

Zu Ende dodged the swing of a hammer, catching the attack on his shield and bringing his mace around. Arcs of electricity ran up the Dwarf's gauntlet, bouncing between the spikes on the maces head. When the weapon impacted the Undead there was a brief flash as the electricity ran through the bony body. An unearthly scream erupted from the Hammerman's mouth as the massive amount of energy reduced the skeleton to dust.

Watching the dust cloud settle Zu let out a sudden grunt and fell face first on the ground, a half dozen bolts sprouting from his back...

Seeing his squadmates either dead or fleeing the field Tezad was left alone against 6 Undead pikes and wrestlers. Grinning as an idea came to him the Warrior turned and ran, Undead in hot pursuit. As they reached the treeline Tezad stomped the nearest trigger, leaping to the side as a series of cages fell from the trees, trapping the entire group. Rolling to his feet Tezadwatched the enemy bang uselessly at the cage bars...

Battle long over several Warriors sat among the beds of the Infirmary while Mothwing set Ingtak's broken arm. Kanet sat near Argonnek's bed, cleaning his weapons as he kept an eye on her.

The majority of visitors were clusted around a bed at the far end of the room though. Mothwing had patched up his injuries as best she could but the face of Thunderclan's Leader was pale and he seemed ready to join Armok at any moment...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry Ze, Zu just would not stay alive. Feel free to claim another Dwarf, we still have plenty of free Warriors.  ;D

We lost Zu and Suthmun and its possible we'll lose Argonnek and Firetower. Argonnek has a number of torso and limb wounds while Firetower was completely crushed by that Hammerlord. He lost another of his 9 lives (I think he's got 7 left at this moment) but the ancestors may require more to bring him back. We'll see what happens I guess.

The bg news is that Kanet actually got over 1 kill today! Up till now his only kill was that Titan, now some Undead have joined the group.  :)

As usual, journal entries are encouraged...

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 02, 2010, 07:51:11 am »

I am Fine with that , Even if i don't get to Choose another Dwarf!

unless this was my Point of View before my Dwarf Died :

i'll sign for another one if you Allow Traitor Dwarfs(which i Expect ain't gotta Live Shit before getting Bashed into Shit by Someone)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:54:11 am by Ze Spy »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 02, 2010, 12:28:34 pm »

Traitors are fine by me though you're right that once they're revealed they won't survive long...

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 02, 2010, 11:47:19 pm »

OMG, there no way in hell i just cant see that guy making it out of there

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 03, 2010, 05:51:19 am »

I'll Will Just Go for a Traitor Dwarf , But that can Wait :

Name : Wheatley
Job : Hunter/Crossbow dwarf
Bio : Wheatley is a Talented Hunter , Fresh from Hunting Big Game in the Zombie Infested Fortress of Zombivile , He Never Allows the Few Seconds Dangerous Animals and Nasty Melee Wielding Goblins Need to get Close , But has the Slick Personallity of Prioritizing Melee Users Over Ranged Users and Often Mistakes a Dwarf for a Goblin , Which Earned him Many Enemies

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 03, 2010, 12:23:21 pm »

I like it!  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 05, 2010, 03:07:44 pm »

Wow, Just checked my notes for when Uktang decides to attack in person and all I can think to say is that the final battle will be both interesting and LONG as our enemies grow stronger and gain more allies.

Currently the list of possible enemies is around a dozen and still growing as I come across new ideas...

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:34 pm »

Aliens
Monsters
Zombies
Talking Zombies that can use Wepons
Drunks that Blow all over the place
Musketeers
Walking Nuclear Bomb
Nuclear Fission
Enraeged Hostile Dwarfs
Heavy People that Eats Sandwiches in the Middle of a Heavy Firefight
Hacks
God
Rage Quiters
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:28:12 pm by Ze Spy »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:56 pm »

I demand a duel between me and an identical evil copy of me.

as a sort of test of spirit or something.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 05, 2010, 10:31:45 pm »

We seem to have hit a stalemate with the last remnants of the Undead siegers. I can't reach them and they can't get down from their cliff.

Currently I see 2 options:

1: Hope that they will eventually get bored with scaring Dwarves 10 Z-Levels below them and leave or

2: Use Companion and hope that if I Hurt them they'll eventually die. Not sure how well this would work on Undead though.

I'm open to suggestions as well...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 05, 2010, 10:33:58 pm »

Build a temporary ramp up there a bit aways and leeroy?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 06, 2010, 01:24:35 am »

We may be stuck in this siege for awhile. Even after I killed the remaining invaders via Companion the Siege banner wouldn't go away.

Quite annoying really...

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 06, 2010, 01:26:02 am »

Revive someone and Teleport him infront of your Entire Millitary

Works for me

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 06, 2010, 01:30:04 am »

AN ASSASSIN!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106