Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131409 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1065 on: May 31, 2010, 10:14:57 pm »

OK...Maybe I should have actually played before promising an update...So far nothing is going on, most of the fortress is Miserable from losing up to 16 friends/family. A few Dwarves are still tantruming and many are uncouncious...For some reason...

EDIT: All right, I've had to take drastic measures here. I've pulled a couple artifact statues from their places and moved them to the Dining Hall.

Also I've turned invasions off and they'll stay off until I can regain a grip on things around here.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:08:56 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 01, 2010, 02:18:01 am »

22nd Opal

"Orwen's dead." Kanet reported as Firetower glanced over the report on the problems facing the fortress. "She bled to death but we haven't been able to figure out what happened. We're still facing tantrums on a daily basis though many of them have started eating and drinking again which keeps them slightly happier."

"The loss of so many is affecting us deeply. It will take time but they'll calm down and at least there haven't been anymore fights. Go find Orwen's daughter Reg and tell her she is the new head of Masonry. Oh, and make sure the new Brewmaster has what he needs. We don't need another booze shortage right now."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another founder is dead. That leaves only Jillian, Legolord, Korgan and Newb left of the original 7. Fireheart, Orwen and Kornash now serve Armok...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 02, 2010, 12:27:00 am »

Masam, your family is just getting demolished here. Its down to just you, your father, a baby sister and a child sister.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 02, 2010, 02:41:56 am »

Oh no, Arzez has passed beyond...he/she never had the chance to resolve his/her gender issues (yeah, I haven't checked back for a bit).

Please keep us updated on the tantrum spiral. Perhaps even post pictures of the carnage?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:37 am »

The last of the brothers...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 02, 2010, 12:32:22 pm »

Thankfully carnage hasn't been a big issue. So far our Head of Woodworking smashed a few beds and Orwen's daughter Reg (The new Head of Masonry) started a fist fight with the new Brewmaster.

The non-fighting death toll is growing as well. 2 Planters died of being melancholy (1 of thirst, the other drowned), Warrior Sumun died of thirst while laid up in bed. Dastot, Henchwoman Weaponsmith died of thirst while stark raving mad and Warrior Tarmid recently went stark raving mad.

On the good side we've had 2 weddings and an artifact idol created...Plus I just now realized that a great way to end the spiral might be to reinstate the party room...I completely forgot the Dwarves could have parties.  :-[

Also, the Mining Team has been busy excavating the sight of our wall...Still ALOT of digging before I can lay the first blocks though. May have to promote a few of these peasants to Miners.

And of course journal entries from the Dwarves point of view are always welcome  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 03, 2010, 07:29:49 pm »

2nd Felsite

"We will drink in honor of Tarmid tonight!" Firetower said as he addressed the crowd that had come to mourn the Dwarf. "He was a brave Warrior but like so many he was affected by our losses and they eventually drove him mad. He fights alongside Armok now..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tarmid died of thirst while insane.

The good news is that there have been no tantrums for a month. I think Flamebanner has survived its darkest day yet.

EDIT: Also I've just realized it is nearing 15 years since we arrived in Flamebanner. Its currently Late Spring of our 14th year. Far longer then any of my forts has lasted  :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:36:29 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 07, 2010, 12:48:14 am »

The rebuilding is going well. We've had 4 or 5 new Dwarves born and a couple kids grew up. I've added another pair of Miners to speed up the excavations and the Warriors have a new member: Domas Grizzlytraded who leads a new squad of fierce fighters.

Also got an Artifact Willow Earring which was made by a child who grew up while collecting the materials.

All madness has ended and the fortress is happily ecstatic once more.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 10, 2010, 03:13:38 am »

I had an update written up but one click and I lost it  :(
And since I'm not in the mood to rewrite the conversation I'm just going to make this a half-story update.

Rakust (Dwarf Liason) arrived and brought the news from the Mountainhomes. The Nobles recalled the troops they had sent to fortify the more remote outposts and mines, leaving the garrisons to fight and die. Several mines fell into Goblin hands.

Rakust brought us reinforcements, I'm planning to steal several soldiers from the caravan to help replace out losses as currently we only have one Apprentice...and no one free to become Apprentices.

Also Rakust reported that new creatures have been spotted among the ranks of Goblins and Undead by Dwarven scouts. (The prelude to some new creatures I've borrowed from books and such but couldn't actually add without recreating the world. One is horse-shaped but is certainly NOT a horse, but thats all the info I'm giving you for now)  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 12, 2010, 03:34:59 am »

I think our Warriors have been restored to fighting strength. A dozen slightly experienced recruits from the caravan has bolstered our numbers to 35. Spearmen, Swordsmen, Hammermen, Macemen and a single Axeman.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 13, 2010, 12:47:04 am »

Flamebanner Troop Report: 17th Limestone

20 Flamebanner Warriors remain.

Firetower leads 5 young Warriors: "The Hatchets of Rasping"
Keshan leads the remnants of "The Perfection of Lancing", Bubbles and Kogan
Argonnek is in command of the 5 Dwarf ranged squad "The Crystalline Quest"
Derek leads Tharnas and Tamunshin as "The Magics of Theater"
Sable leads the remaining 3 veteran Warriors as "The Contested Corridors"

Domas, Flamebanner's first Beastmaster leads our pack of War Bears, Jaguars, Leopards and Wolves under the name "The Castles of Tightness"

A dozen recruits have joined us from the caravan: 4 Hammerdwarves, 3 Speardwarves, 1 Axedwarf, 2 Sworddwarves and 2 Macedwarves.

The new guys will be put into training right away to boost their skills to acceptable standards. Their steel equipment will remain with them and once we see how many survive the sparring sessions I'll assign them to the squads...May have to form a new squad as well.

Deputy Kanet Whipsystems

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 13, 2010, 05:24:12 am »

Perhaps it is time Kanet switches to the hammer for awhile.  most assuredly getting killed in the process.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 13, 2010, 04:13:16 pm »

6th Sandstone

Support beams snapped like twigs as Feb and Mosus charged through the rapidly collapsing tunnels. Large cracks snaking across the floor as chunks of the roof caved in. Collecting Shorast as they fled the Miners sped through the tunnel entrance and threw themselves clear of the rocks falling down the side of the cliff.

The Miners turned to watch the collapse from a safe distance when shouts came from inside and the Miner Ushat ran into view. He had no chance though as the floor chose that moment to give way, sending the Dwarf and several tons of granite, felsite and diorite crashing through the lower levels of the dig site.

Sodel and Feb were the first to arrive on the lowest level of the quarry, where a massive pile of rocks now lay. Ushat's leg could be seen sticking out from under the pile and after a great deal of rock moving they uncovered the Miner's crushed body, pick still clutched in his hands...

I'm...not entirely sure what caused the collapse but it claimed Ushat's life and left a large hole in every level of the quarry. By far the biggest cave-in I've seen

And Masam, I've switched Kanet to using a hammer as you requested  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 15, 2010, 12:02:32 am »

I think I can actually finish the digging tonight. Only 7 levels left and they're all small upper levels. Then my most massive project yet begins.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 15, 2010, 11:03:57 am »

The Hall of Legends...Thanks everyone who thought the story was good enough to have a place there.

Hopefully my plans for this place will keep the interest of what few readers I seem to have  :D
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106