Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 56425 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!)
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2008, 09:01:55 pm »

I, Servant Corps, hereby submit the following proposition dubbed "Agreement", for the court to judge:

The clause in E.I in Proposition 324, "Charity Points", is to be modified to be as followed:

The receiving player is obligated by this rule to follow the demands after the points are accepted.

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.
This is an idea because it would make "point donation" more likely to occur, without any fear that the donating player have to worry about the receiving player backing out of the deal after he receive the goods. Only by protecting the sancity of the contract can trade occur.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2008, 11:49:43 pm »

I'll give somebody 10 points if they let me be their Mentor. C'mon! Who's been active the most Phases anyway?

I also hereby make Tylui my Mentor.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2008, 08:47:30 am »

I don't really see a point to making someone your Mentor. I forget why a voted for it in the first place.

I, Fenrir, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed "Elimination of Mutual Mentorship", for the court to judge:

The following is to be added to rule 336:
D. A player that has chosen a Mentor is becomes the Protégé of his Mentor.
E. A Mentor may not choose his Protégé to be his Mentor.

I respectfully ask all members of the court to carefully consider its merits and cast their vote accordingly.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2008, 09:01:16 am »

I don't really see a point to making someone your Mentor. I forget why a voted for it in the first place.

I, Fenrir, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed "Elimination of Mutual Mentorship", for the court to judge:

The following is to be added to rule 336:

I thought about this earlier, but wasn't too sure anyone would do it, (but if it's there, why wouldn't people do it?)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2008, 10:15:19 am »

Because now we have the power to control these people!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2008, 11:17:42 am »

Because now we have the power to control these people!
So Mentors aren't really Mentors, but Athena in disguse?
(Wow, that was my first reference that wasn't Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It's from classical literature no less! It's not a very good reference, mind you, but I think you can hear a starling-ARGH! *dies*)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2008, 09:26:22 pm »

So I promise you, I'll get the discussion round started.  I'm just running a bit late today.  Crazy stuff!

But for now, here's my proposition:

I, Tylui, hereby submit the following proposition, dubbed "Participation Definitions", for the court to judge:

Participation Definitions
   A. During Phase I, Participation is defined as posting a Proposition.
   B. During Phase II, Participation is defined as posting an opinion on one or more Propositions.
   C. During Phase 2.5, Participation is defined as casting a vote for one or more Propositions.       

Please; notice that abstaining to vote from a single Proposition does not activate Participation in Phase 2.5

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »

Turn 6

Phase II - Discussion

Status

http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

Fenrir, Participation(R330)
Fenrir, +5, First Participant of Phase II(R202)
webadict, Participation(R330)
Tylui, +2, webadict's Mentor(R336)
Serg, Participation(R330)
Fualkner, Participation(R330)
Frelock, Participation(R330)
qwertyuiopas, Participation(R330)
Tylui, Participation(R330)

--Propositions--

webadict
338. "Limitation of Ayes"
 A. During the voting phase, a player may only vote in favor of the amount of propositions that turn divided by two, rounded up, plus one. [Rounded up(Propositions That Turn / 2) + 1]
  I. This includes Bonus votes.
   i. If there are bonus votes against a player's proposition, that player may use extra bonus votes at no cost.
  II. A player may not save up votes.
  III. If a player chooses not to vote on a proposition, that player may make one extra vote for every abstained vote divided by two, rounded down.
 B. A player may vote not in favor on as many propositions as wanted.
 C. A player may buy votes.

Frelock
339. "Activation" A player may become "active" in a turn even if they do not make a proposition.
 A. A player may become "active" in a turn by simply making a post.
 B. Posts which are deemed "spam" by the judge do not count.
 C. Posting to become "active" does not count as participation.

Qwertyuiopas
340. "More on cats" The cat/kitten system will be updated in the following ways:
 A. Correction of errors:
  I. Kitten bones and kitten meat are replaced by cat bones and cat meat.
 B. The processing of animal meat:
  I. Once a butcher's shop has been constructed, a player with unprocessed cat meat can process 2(two) units of unprocessed cat meat into 1(one) unit of processed cat meat.
  II. 1(one) unit of processed cat meat can be used to convert 1(one) kitten into a tame kitten, that will not be counted as either a cat or a kitten during inactivity.
 C. tame kittens rules:
  I. Tame kittens grow into tame cats if they are fed 2 units of processed meat of any kind in one turn.
  II. if a tame kitten is not fed any meat for 5 turns, it will die, leaving a kitten corpse that can be processed into 5 units of cat bones and 2 units of cat meat.
  III. if a tame cat is not fed any meat for 10 turns, it will die, leaving a cat corpse that can be processed into 15 units of cat bones and 5 units of cat meat.
  IV. tame cats do not count towards inactivity non-benefits.
 D. Cat trading:
  I. If both players agree, one player may give another player a single cat or kitten, either tame or not, with a limit of one given by a single player per turn.
 E. tame cat reproduction:
  I. Tame cats reproduce using the same rules as non tame cats, with the sole exception that tame cat reproduction is completely optional, and can be prevented by the player who owns them.

Serg
341. "Inactive Intent" Cats are valuable creatures, and when they prosper, so do you.
 A. Each cat a player has, grants (1) point at the end of each turn, if the player isn't the player with the most cats.
  I. Kittens are not included in this calculation.

B. If a player has more cats then any other player in the current turn, each cat is worth an additional (-2) points.
  I. Kittens are not included in this calculation.

C. Kittens are valued at .125 'cat points,' and if, at the end of a turn a player has, or has more then, 1 whole 'cat point', the player gains an additional kitten(s) based on the formula of ('cat points'/1) for each whole integer of 'cat points.'
  I. Cats are not included in this calculation.
  II. 'Cat points' have no scoring value, and should not be used to score a person.
  III. 'Cat points' are to be reset at the end of each turn.

D. At a cost of 4 points per cat, a player may choose to devote valuable resources towards exterminating cats. Cats exterminated this way generate no by products, and are stricken from the record. (But not our hearts.)
  I. Kittens are not included in this calculation, they continue on to the next turn.
  II. This is not an action, and as such doesn't make the player active.

Fualkner
342. "Donation Box" Politicians are affected by who likes them and who doesn't.
 A. A player may donate any number of points to the National Institute of Councilors with Empty pockets (Or NICE).
  I. Points may be donated any time before the voting phase of any round.
  II. Any number of players may donate points.
 B. The player who has donated the most points will acquire the support of NICE. This allows them to ask the NICE representatives to vote on a single proposition.
  I. The vote must be used on the turn it is earned, or it is wasted.
  II. It is otherwise a bonus vote, except where mentioned in this rule.
 C. As the name suggests, NICE will donate all proceeds to politicians that are down on their luck.
  I. The three poorest players (in terms of points) will split the donations into thirds.
  II. In the event of a tie, all players in the tie will split their share of the points evenly.
  III. All points that cannot be split evenly will be kept by NICE until a time when they can be given out evenly.

Servant Corps
343. "Agreement" The clause in E.I in Proposition 324, "Charity Points", is to be modified to be as followed:
The receiving player is obligated by this rule to follow the demands after the points are accepted.

Fenrir
344. "Elimination of Mutual Mentorship" The following is to be added to rule 336:

Tylui
345. "Participation Definitions"
 A. During Phase I, Participation is defined as posting a Proposition.
 B. During Phase II, Participation is defined as posting an opinion on one or more Propositions.
 C. During Phase 2.5, Participation is defined as casting a vote for one or more Propositions.       
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:36:43 pm by Tylui »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2008, 09:59:04 pm »

There are two 338 propositions.

3381:
I don't much like the idea of placing restrictions on what propositions for which I may vote.

3382:
I fail to see the point in all this. What does "active" mean? Participating?

339:
There are many rules here, but little point. What are we to do with the meat and bones? How do we build a butcher's shop?

340:
I'm on the fence about this one. Aren't cats supposed to be undesirable?

341:
How are the NICE representatives chosen?

342:
No problems here.

343:
Genius!

344:
I think this is needed.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2008, 10:01:05 pm »

3382:
334:
I think this is needed.

Wait, what?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2008, 10:02:25 pm »

@Qwerty: What is the purpose of all these cat-based propositions. All it will do is kill our FPS make the game more difficult to understand.

@Serg: If someone has 10 kittens, they lose when this proposition adds another kitten anyway. I think it doesn't really do anything.

Also, cats are meant to PUNISH those who don't participate.

@Faulkner: How will the points be split up? It says that it will be split up evenly, but in another part it says that it will only be split evenly if all players are of equal points.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2008, 10:04:42 pm »

3382:
334:
I think this is needed.

Wait, what?
Wait, what do mean "what"? That was 344 in my post.

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2008, 10:08:33 pm »

Wait, what do mean "what"? That was 344 in my post.

Sorry, that wasn't what I was referring to, I messed up the 344 and tried to fix it from my memory, (fail.)

I figured out what you meant when I went back over and reread it, with a scrutinizing monocle. Sorry.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2008, 11:51:16 pm »

Wow silly me. I forgot how to count apparently. :P

I'm not at home so I couldn't get the Phases update correctly so everyone who participated it doesn't have your newest phase yet. Arg.

I will post my discussion soon. :3

Serg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2008, 12:35:30 am »

338:
I am unable to agree with such a preposterous limitation of my voting rights.
339:
It's either this, or 344, and I think that 344, with the forced creation of propositions is superior, why just have everyone say "present" if they don't contribute?
340:
While I can agree with part A, I am unable to accept the rest of the terms.
342:
C could use some clarification, but I understand what you mean.
Kinda not sure about it though over all.
343:
Can't agree with this either, politics is pretty messy some times.
344:
I think this is great, to close up a loop hole.
345:
Superior of the two participation propositions, mostly because it forces participation.

And, the cats are there to be used, so why not use them to their fullest extent? If you get too many cats, you become a crazy cat person, but if you have enough to be adorable, then that is different.
Possibly, A/B could be reworded as such that everyone with a set % of the crazy cat holder gets -1 point, while anyone over that % gets 0 points, while everyone else has less then the % is considered in acceptable bounds and gets 1 point.
Isn't that what discussion is for?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25