Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63690 times)

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 12 - Siege!
« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2008, 05:40:15 pm »

NOTE: In case anyone was wondering: every event happens at the same time when rolling. So disabling a player only takes effect after the rolling is done.

Banzayatc: I conjure another elemental, but this time its air elemental (the same cat-size).
11 -1 (no skill in making NPCs) -2 (elementals [even cat sized ones] are especially hard) = 8
Banzayatc again tries to creates an elemental. This time an air elemental. He succeeds. The air elemental is invisible and can go through any object air can. It has +3 to attacks involving wind and air. It has very little matter and physical attacks go through it. [You'll have to think very creatively if you want to kill it.]

Cheeetar: Create a cabin around the staircase (with my hammer) and [storing the food is an action].
8 -1 (no skill in building) +1 (hammer) = 8
Cheeetar tries to build a cabin. But finds he has nothing to build one with. But he quickly makes a plan and builds it out of some of the glass-like substance the wall turned into.

Jay Kayell: I pick up the gem, after finding it of course.
6 = 6
Jay Kayell again searches for the gem. This time he finds it but drops it as he picks it up. +3 to picking it up next turn.

Webadict: I sever Servant Corps ocular nerves.
8 + 3 = 11
Webadict feels out for Servant Corps and then quickly snips the nerves in his eyes. Servant Corps is now blind. -4 to everything involving sight. (As Servant Corps couldn't see you he didn't know the attack was coming and so didn't dodge.)

Kashyyk: I move all our food away from the burning food.
12 = 12
Kashyyk quickly runs and stores all the non-burning food in the new cabin. He also finds the wasp-gem and picks it up.

Servant Corps: Seal the gate by piling dirt in front of it.

7 + 3 (skill)
With a huge blast of wind Servant corps piles massive amounts of dirt in front of the gate. It can't be opened without removing the dirt (The gate opens outward).

Evil voice: Teleport the pebble to Servant Corps.
8 = 8
With a wooshing noise the pebble Cheeetar ate appeared in Servant Corps's hand (who gingerly wipes it on his shirt).

Cheeetar: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH)), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, +2 to levitation, has 1 machetes (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 daggers (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH. Has 3 picks (-3 to CTH, +3 to damage [as they pierce internal organs]). Has control of the cat sized air elemental.

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals, can affect nearby living things without having to see them.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, +3 to cooking, can extract energy from plants. Has 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 half litre chunk of ice that has strange properties.

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), has wasp-gem ( +2 to dodge), and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals.

Servant Corps: +3 mind forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 black diamond (can perfectly control any 1 NPC, +2 to dodging mind powers), has 1 camera-pebble. Blind, -4 to actions needing sight.

Fire elemental: Has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until its death (dismissing it doesn't count as death). -2 to everything for the next turn. Buried under dirt and cannot see anything except the dirt.

Air elemental:
Invisible, can go through minuscule holes, has +3 to attacks involving wind and air, immune to physical attacks. Controlled by Banzayatc.

The group has enough food for 7 turns and enough water for 3. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

Servant Corps has enough food for 8 turn and enough water for 4.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the North there is a small dip in the wall and a pile of dirt covering the fire elemental.  At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with a gate of resiliently planted saplings trunks. There is a large pile of dirt in front of the gate. There is a small fire in the middle burning on plain dirt (the sticks are burnt out) and another one North. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to the ruins and a burning food store. The stairway is covered by a cabin containing all their food.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 13 - Webadict is a bit like Neo!
« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2008, 05:55:21 pm »

I levitate up to get Corps within my eyesight. After that I order my air elemental to start a little tornado in the place there Corps is!

Also: be prepared, teammates! On the next turn I'm going to the ruins regardless of any conditions short of ruins being sucked in a black hole.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:00:37 pm by Banzayatc »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2008, 05:58:51 pm »

I create a lantern by manipulating a small amount of fire started by the elemental and surrounding it with sand, then I melt the sand with my powers to create glass.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2008, 05:59:47 pm »

somebody should also start worrying about water. and exploring the ruins to get some food in the future maybe.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2008, 06:02:21 pm »

Wow, andrea, you read my mind. Though I'm going to the ruins not for food, but for some explorations.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2008, 06:05:56 pm »

exploration is always good. also, it is your only way out at the moment.
and it seem to be very interesting.

and i heard that there was a pool of water somewhere underground. it would be very useful, you would have nearly unlimited water.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2008, 08:22:51 pm »

I'll whip us up some more water next turn.

I've got some unfinished business to attend to.

By the way guys. He's burying us inside a fortress... He either wants us to 1) go into the ruins, or 2) die. I've only bought us some time, since he can see through the eyes of the fire elemental. And I'm not messing with that thing. Unless you want it in the mesosphere.

I cut off Servant Corps hand, bringing it towards me.

Hopefully, I can get that diamond! Otherwise, I get the seeing stone.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2008, 10:56:44 pm »

I practise my construction by strengthening the dirt trapping the fire elemental.

Edit: Just noticed this on the rolls information, wouldn't a natural 1 be impossible with 2 6d die?

Edit edit: I always use my hammer for construction unless I state that I don't use it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:02:37 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2008, 09:56:17 am »

Edit: Just noticed this on the rolls information, wouldn't a natural 1 be impossible with 2 6d die?
Yes, I didn't think that quite through in my example. But this game has a lot of bonuses and deductions so it's still perfectly possible to get a 1.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2008, 11:05:37 am »

I put the fire out on all the food I can. Mmm, crispy...

I butcher what ever animals are left.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:31:49 pm by Kashyyk »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2008, 12:01:22 pm »

I put the fire out on all the food I can. Mmm, crispy...
The half of the food that was burning is inedible now. The other half isn't burning.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2008, 12:14:23 pm »

So Kashyyk needs to post another action?

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2008, 12:30:22 pm »

So Kashyyk needs to post another action?
Yes. I'm not going to AI anyone as I know what I have planned and it would be difficult to ai someone as if I didn't.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2008, 12:31:08 pm »

Oh, OK then

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2008, 12:31:56 pm »

Sooo... Is Servant Corps still an NPC?

If so, can I snag 'im?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39