Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 63692 times)

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 11 - Traitor fire elemental!
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2008, 02:20:34 pm »

Um, due to certain...problems...I can't play this game anymore. Let my character slot be open, or turn Servant into an NPC.
I hate to do this, especially now that we've finally discovered the ruins, but I must drop out. I'm suffering from forum addiction, you see.

To my successor: Blow the ‼carp‼ out of something for me!

This game loses players very fast... :'( Btw, how the rolls coming? It's been an hour since the last action has been posted...

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2008, 02:37:45 pm »

Btw, how the rolls coming? It's been an hour since the last action has been posted...
Sorry, I was playing DF. Rolls coming up now.

EDIT: Teaser: Servant [now a NPC] is being cruel.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:46:18 pm by Martian »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2008, 02:52:16 pm »

Btw, this RTD gave me an idea for a fortress town! I even uploaded its first year map to the map archive.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2008, 03:17:15 pm »

Btw, this RTD gave me an idea for a fortress town! I even uploaded its first year map to the map archive.
Link please?

Banzayatc: I'll blow him away with wind control powers.
8 + 3 = 11
Banzayatc creates a massive stormwind to blow the elemental away. It flies through the air and hits the dirt wall where it is badly blown for a few minutes. It is a lot weaker (-2 to everything for the next 2 turns) and out for the next turn.

Cheeetar: I attempt to construct a fire proof cage around the fire elemental so it cannot harm anyone but the fire continues to burn.
8 = 8
Cheeter tries to create a cage but doesn't find anything to make one out of. Instead he picks a clever second plan and makes a small portion of the wall collapse on it by stomping on the wall. It is now trapped underneath the dirt and cannot see out.

Webadict: I practice trying to sense for sentient beings with my mind.

12 = 12
Webadict practises sensing living beings without his eyes and quickly gets the hang of it. He can now affect any nearby living thing with mind powers.

Kashyyk: I pound the raw meat into flat jerky strips.
11 = 11
Kashyyk gives up the subtle approach and pounds the meat hard into jerky with a rock. Soon he has it all nicely prepared and also manages to increase the amount (because Jerky is so flat and chewable players are satisfied with less.) 1.5 to food stores.

Jay Kayell: I cook all the food I am holding with my fire powers.

10 + 3 = 13
Jay decides Jerky isn't for him and cooks his food into a nice roast. He learns a lot more about cooking and now has +3 to cooking. He also adds a few leaves and herbs to other food making it more nourishing so he can do with less. The amount of food is 1.5 more.

Servant: Makes the wall keeping the players in stronger. [Have fun chewing on boots]

7 + 3 = 10
Servant corps doesn't mess around. He blast the dirt walls with massive flames. Soon they actually start to form an impure glasslike substance. They are now resilient to most non-physical forms of attack, -4 to affecting them with mind powers.

Elemental: Light their food on fire [Yes, I'm feeling cruel.]

4 + 2 = 6
The fire elemental tries to light their foodstore on fire but fails. Only half of it catches fire but unless the other food is moved the fire will spread.

Evil Voice: Mutter rude things about Cheeetar/Fenrir
7 = 7
The Evil Voice mutters several rude things from the pebble.

Cheeetar: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH)), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, +2 to levitation, has 1 machetes (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 daggers (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH. Has 3 picks (-3 to CTH, +3 to damage [as they pierce internal organs]).

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, +1 to healing or modifying bones, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), +2 to severing jaw controlling nerves of mammals, can affect nearby living things without having to see them.

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, +3 to cooking, can extract energy from plants. Has 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 half litre chunk of ice that has strange properties.

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), and a snake skin. +1 to butchering animals.

Servant Corps: +3 mind forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 black diamond (can perfectly control any 1 NPC [Non player character], +2 to dodging mind powers).

Fire elemental: Has +2 to fire and heat mind powers. Fires started by it don't go out until its death (dismissing it doesn't count as death). Out for the next turn. -2 to everything for the next 2 turns. Buried under dirt and cannot see anything except the dirt.

The group has enough food for 8 turns and enough water for 4. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

Servant Corps has enough food for 9 turn and enough water for 5.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 8m in radius. The other 2m is a 2m deep moat full of water walled off by an impure glasslike wall 3m high. At the North there is a small dip in the wall and a pile of dirt covering the fire elemental.  At the South there is a large hole and the moat is filled with dirt. The hole is walled off with resiliently planted saplings trunks. There is a small fire in the middle burning on plain dirt (the sticks are burnt out) and another one North at the place where the bobcat died. Outside of the moat is Servant Corps trying to kill them and take back the treasure. Inside is a downwards staircase leading to the ruins and a burning food store.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:45:16 pm by Martian »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2008, 03:18:08 pm »

Sure. http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3979

Though it's miserable now. Hope to chage this 'miserable' state later.  ;)

EDIT: And action, of course.

I create a summoning circle which lets anything in, but nothing living out (only dead/non-organic matter).

I'll summon us food!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:23:18 pm by Banzayatc »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 12 - Siege!
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2008, 03:24:30 pm »

Just before I left, I built a gate in the hole. You should be able to open it if it's a gate.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2008, 03:26:40 pm »

Just before I left, I built a gate in the hole. You should be able to open it if it's a gate.
Oops. Sorry, I read it as wall. The gate can be opened, but only from the inside.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2008, 03:46:58 pm »

Create a cabin around the staircase (with my hammer) and store the non-burning food in it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:41 pm »

I pick up the gem, after finding it of course.

You forgot to add the +3 to cooking to my status.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2008, 04:10:38 pm »

I sever Servant Corps ocular nerves.

No more mind powers for you!

Also forgot my 'no need to see' bonus. He he he...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2008, 04:43:38 pm »

Hang on!!! the Elemental is knocked out, and it has a -2 to actions, not a +2!

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2008, 04:45:40 pm »

Hang on!!! the Elemental is knocked out, and it has a -2 to actions, not a +2!
The +2 is it's skill. The -2 is at the end.

Sorry for the mistakes. Fixed most now I think.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2008, 04:48:44 pm »

I move all our food away from the burning food, helping Cheetah with his cabin
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:06:35 pm by Kashyyk »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2008, 05:04:25 pm »

Banzayatc: For your "summoning circle", I have no idea how you can do a one way circle with mind powers. You can create forces and move matter but to make something differentiate like that I think is beyond the scope of the mind powers in this game.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2008, 05:08:35 pm »

Okay, I conjure another elemental, but this time its air elemental (the same cat-size).
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39