Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155364 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2008, 11:45:47 am »

Not to belabor the point too much, but I'm not sure these kobolds really fit the game's style. I don't really see kobolds as living outside of natural formations and actually building wooden settlements; after all, if they could do that, they would be in the game proper.

But, hey, if they aren't supposed to be like vanilla DF kobolds then that's fine too. The silly images are also a plus.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2008, 12:00:03 pm »

^^^
Ima make kolbolds seige and give them communities and such.. smiliar to humans but smaller and more bitey.
With a litter of 1-6, the seiges will be huge.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2008, 12:03:02 pm »

Party Hearty Kobold

The pressing question is, where did he steal them from?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2008, 12:06:44 pm »

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2008, 02:46:23 pm »

Not to belabor the point too much, but I'm not sure these kobolds really fit the game's style. I don't really see kobolds as living outside of natural formations and actually building wooden settlements; after all, if they could do that, they would be in the game proper.
They could be cave-dwellers, but right now the game only generates occupied, monster-filled caves. A lot of people have successfully managed cave-dwelling anyway, though. It's a conceit of the game. Lacking that, shanty huts are the next best thing for primitive, tribal dwellings.

The silly images are also a plus.
You'll never be able to look at the chains in your Fortress the same way again.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2008, 02:53:31 pm »

The way you draw them, they seem like under-sized crocodiles with fur. And giant eyes. And a thing for freaky sex.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2008, 04:08:13 pm »

Everything has a thing for freaky sex.

Even freaky sex has a thing for freaky sex.

... Although, the amount of sexual stuff in DF IS alarmingly high. I think Toadys trying to tell us something.

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »

Aztekobold.
You'll never be able to look at the chains in your Fortress the same way again.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2008, 06:58:42 pm »

They could be cave-dwellers, but right now the game only generates occupied, monster-filled caves. A lot of people have successfully managed cave-dwelling anyway, though. It's a conceit of the game. Lacking that, shanty huts are the next best thing for primitive, tribal dwellings.

I understand, but I'm not sure primitive human dwellings and primitive kobold dwellings should be the same thing. I mean, not even primitive human "cavemen" lived in caves, really. I think it's more an inherent difference between the two species.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2008, 08:15:27 pm »

Everything has a thing for freaky sex.

Even freaky sex has a thing for freaky sex.

... Although, the amount of sexual stuff in DF IS alarmingly high. I think Toadys trying to tell us something.
Hes trying to tell us he hasn't been laid in years.

Personage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2008, 10:36:32 pm »

I understand, but I'm not sure primitive human dwellings and primitive kobold dwellings should be the same thing. I mean, not even primitive human "cavemen" lived in caves, really. I think it's more an inherent difference between the two species.

The game's yours to change as you see fit... most of us have some self-imposed limitations on digging. If you like, though, you could bend the rule just a bit make your own cave. Simply dig a sufficiently natural-looking cave then swear off digging in rock to modify it any more as the game goes on.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2008, 01:15:44 am »

Might just be a sect of kobold.. really.

Worship the sky god so they don't dig or live in caves.

Whatever floats your boat, really.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2008, 10:16:37 am »

If you max out cave size, you get a really huge den to run around in.  Spend some time cleaning out the residents in the section you want to set up shop, capture and tame some giant rats or some other useful food-critter, and then just let your little buggers explore the tunnels and get themselves smeared by troglodytes.

Admittedly, workshop space is pretty limited.  But it's still cool.

Also, if you want to dig a natural-looking cave, designate a solid square of rock for digging.  After the miners have run their course for a while, remove the designation.  It looks much better than anything that can be done by hand, trust me.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2008, 12:22:46 pm »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VVYQ7B6J

Bad! Very bad! You should, nay MUST use the Dwarf Fortress File Depot!
I have moved your file here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=701

You may thank me by updating it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2008, 05:14:11 pm »

Damn, I liked kobolds before this thread existed, but now, with those comics... Toady should seriously have a special place on the site just for your stuff.

so very awesome. It might be a couple months till I'm back to my computer, so I really hope when the new version comes out this mod is remade, cause I really want to play. If I need to keep the old version of course, I will.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42