Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: Kobold Camp  (Read 155458 times)

Re: Kobold Camp
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2008, 08:53:49 pm »

I really like the tileset for this, so I transplanted it over to default DF.  I got everything working, but the colors aren't muted like in the modded version.  How can I fix this?
If you mean what I think you mean, you need to copy the list of colors at the bottom of init.txt and replace your defaults with that. 
ow did this get here

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2008, 11:34:40 pm »

That was it exactly, thanks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2008, 02:11:45 am »

Also looking into making bone blocks/furniture and other items, but I'm not very savvy with the smelter reaction format yet -- certainly not enough to swap that in yet.

I don't have any specific suggestions for kobold items (except my clubs and spears), but I'm noticing a rather large problem here.  If you're trying new objects to smelter reactions, kobolds won't be able to make them because they can't work at smelters, not having the furnace operator job.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2008, 03:41:06 am »

If you're trying new objects to smelter reactions, kobolds won't be able to make them because they can't work at smelters, not having the furnace operator job.
Well I'd obviously turn the furnace operator job on and remove the other smelter reactions, effectively making the smelter/furnace-operator set into more of a Kobold tinker.

Also, we take an inside look at Kobold mating rituals. Elusive. Forbidden. Poorly understood.
You'll never be able to look at the chains in your Fortress the same way again.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2008, 04:04:41 am »

Ah, quite the accurate depiction of my first time.

Second and third as well, for that matter.

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2008, 04:13:56 am »

On the bright side, giving the "birds and the bees" talk must be easy on Kobolds.

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2008, 05:42:13 am »

Well they must be able to figure it out at some point or other, my kobolds are multiplying like rabbits at the moment.
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2008, 06:10:27 am »

That doesn't mean they understand it.
They cuddle really close, and then there's babies. They're not sure how they got there, and don't necessarily see the correlation.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2008, 09:39:11 am »

HIPPIES. DAMN THEM.

It's nice they don't have any bows and only five spearmen, though. Everyone else is a wrestler or a unicorn. It's also nice that I was smart enough to make a moat for my little township, and it's VERY nice that my slicer, who got his leg broken at spring, finally got better. After a year.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

YojimboUsaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2008, 12:33:05 am »

Enjoying the Kobold Camp mod and thought I would show what has been happening so far. 

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4015-glidreerbis

It was a very rough start.  Got a few immigrants in and had 10 kobolds, then the carp got interested and lost 2, then the grizzly bear showed up and lost 2 more and then the elves showed up and lost on more.  Was down to just 5 scrawny little kobolds trying desperately to not be noticed by anything larger than a rabbit.  Managed to finish the first long house and at least had a place to hide and things started to turn around.  First couple of shooters managed to clear the worst of the carp out and the soon to be warrior chief solved the bear problem.  Once the local hazards were not so hazardous the natural reproductive nature of kobolds took over.  They dont get many immigrants (not many survive the journey I am guessing) but they more than make up for it with homegrown population.  Almost half the total population of 78 is pups.  Will have to spread out soon.  Maybe another camp on the other side of the stream.

Excellent mod!!!  Really enjoying the changes.  Now to just change the artwork to look more Koboldy(?), make things look more tribal and stone age like.  Will work on that hopefully when I get back from Thanksgiving break.

One note... no shields? or am I missing something?  And copper plate mail armor seems a little over the top.  I had pictured them as more in line with American Indian tech level.  No big deal.  Would also think that animal training might be doable for them.  No large animals but something like small lizards or ferrets would be not to powerful as hunter/war animals and maybe a small lizards/frog/toad animal to be their sheep analog. The dreaded kobold woolly toad maybe :)  Just throwing out ideas.

Yoj

Hakar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2008, 06:32:22 am »

Cool mod, here's my current camp: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4038-brifishudin

It took me a few seasons to start getting immigrants, but up to 35 now, with only one death (by drowning).
Edit: Make that 5 deaths, I just lost 4 kobolds to an elf siege, though they all died.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:38:49 am by Hakar »
A dwarf's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Fortress which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. Gold has not been proven not to exist, therefore it must exist.
Philosopher Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Plump Helmet"

Orange Drink

« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2008, 01:34:43 am »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VVYQ7B6J

DAMN YOU! why must you put it on megaupload and make us suffer the free download time opposed to putting it on DFFD?

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2008, 09:59:25 pm »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2008, 11:28:10 am »

Um... im going to go check the raws....

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2008, 11:30:31 am »

OY!

How do I make them have animals?

I think I have to put in animal training.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42