Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77662 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 20 and Kashyyk Found Something!
« Reply #405 on: December 23, 2008, 12:43:02 pm »

Bump for great justice!

Let's see, we're just missing... Akroma?

Nope, I found her post. That means the Baker has some rolls in the oven!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 23, 2008, 03:48:57 pm »

Yeah, sorry. I'm being really slow.

EDIT: So... many... 6s!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 03:59:19 pm by webadict »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 23, 2008, 05:30:59 pm »

Sweeeet! I can see myself punching through the crust of the ground and gathering a bunch of rock on the outside, becoming a man of stone and iron.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 24, 2008, 09:30:05 am »

Just hope you dont break through into HFS.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 24, 2008, 10:07:20 am »

That.. would be wicked... webadict, if I roll an overshot, can I shoot through into HFS, pleaze? Although then if I roll an undershot, webadict is probably gonna make me fall into a clump of magnetite that'll keep me stuck there while the world ends.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 24, 2008, 11:50:55 am »

Turn 20!

I command my elemental to attack the dragon, then I fry the shadows around the shadow dragon.
[6 + 3] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) You yell at your fire elemental to attack, while you charge up your fire attack and blast all the Shadows! [6 + 3 + 1]/[Shadows: 5 + 1]/ (EPIC OVERSHOT ACCURACY!) You blast every last one of the Shadows with fire, even with their superior dodging skills, your fire mastery helps create a massive inferno. [5 + 3 + 1]/[Shadows: 1 + 2 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT ATTACK!) The Shadows burst into flames! They seem to melt, and then disappear. All the Shadows are now dead.

I absorb the shadow dragon to steal its power. My army will distract it to make it easier for me to do so.
[Jay Kayell: 2]/[Scorpion Army: 1]/[Fire Elemental: 1] – As Boogerman attacks the Shadows, Jay Kayell, his army, and Boogerman's fire elemental attack the Shadow Dragon. The scorpions immediately jump the Shadow Dragon, trying to distract the dragon for Jay Kayell. [Scorpion Army: 2 – 2]/[Shadow Dragon: 6 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE ACCURACY!) The attack is uncoordinated, even with the blind dragon. [Scorpion Army: 2 – 3 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 6 + 1] (EPIC FAILURE ATTACK/OVERSHOT DAMAGE!) The scorpions are smashed in the air while jumping, killing several of the scorpions and injuring the rest of them! The elemental then aims a fireball at the dragon's face! [Fire Elemental: 4 – 2]/[Shadow Dragon: 1 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE DODGE!) The dragon has problems dodging the fairly weak fireball. [Fire Elemental: 3 – 1 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 1 – 3] (EPIC FAILURE DAMAGE!) The dragon is then set on fire! Jay Kayell attacks the dragon from behind! [Jay Kayell: 3 – 1 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 5 – 1 – 1 (On fire!)] While the dragon is distracted from the fire, Jay Kayell tries to sting the dragon! [Jay Kayell: 2 + 1 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 4 – 1] Jay Kayell manages to get in a sting to the dragon's back. [6] The dragon is now poisoned! Shadow Dragon: {‼Dragon‼: -1 to dodge} {Poisoned: Rolls for weakening} Scorpion Army: {Severely Weakened: -1 to accuracy, -1 to attack, -1 to dodge, -1 to damage}

I adorn my shadow equipment with some of my blood, making it look cooler and more attuned to me.
[4] – You cover your sword and shield with blood. They become slightly more attuned to you. {Attuned Sword and Shield: Works only for Cheeetar}

Dark, go and get the others, don't worry about my arm.  Wait, my arm's healed, right?  Status update needed.

I meditate on the state of things, trying to put together the pieces in order to get a clear picture of what is going on.  Who are these voices?  Where are they coming from?  What are the shadows?  What is the zoo?  Who was the crazy man whom Akroma killed?  What is the significance of the Door, Lock, and Key?
[6 + 1 (Event Bonus)] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – You sit upon the forest floor and meditate on the questions. You suddenly seem to find all the answers inside of you.

The voices... The original one you heard in the beginning was a tape recorder. You could tell because there was an irritating noise every time it looped. The rest of the voices were actually from the people in the white and black world, who are known as the Scientists.

The Shadows are... unknown. They exist inside the Zoo. They were put in there some time ago as a defense mechanism for the Zoo.

The Zoo... is a world that exists to hold and test creatures that are captured by the Scientists. The Zoo offers a world that is seemingly boundless. Many things can occur in the Zoo that would not naturally occur. One odd side effect of the Zoo is that many things that do happen in the Zoo appear permanent. Its original purpose was to test inventions with the Zoo's inherent random nature.

The man... was an ex-Scientist Howard Banks who was against some of the illegal practices used by the Scientists to capture specimen for the Zoo. The world that he broke into was the control center for the Zoo. The destruction of this area would destroy the Zoo, which was his main intention.

The Door, Lock, and Key... is an escape protocol for the Zoo, that usually implants each aspect in a person or object that, when all three are brought together, return the three to the exit of the Zoo.

You open your eyes and realize that you yourself were a Scientist and helped capture everyone.

As my minions work on my lair, time to find a way out of here. I attempt to create a portal that leads out of the black and white world
[6] – You yell at your minions to be useful and get you out of there. {+2 to minion's roll}

Minions
[5 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – Your minions manage to construct a device for you. The device is dark, with a single button in the middle. You press the button. A tiny dark speck appears a foot in front of you. It grows, expanding into a dark door. You open the door, finding yourself back in the mirrors. The minions then continue working on your lair. Akroma: {Device: Can open a doorway to Akroma's lair}

I'll continue playing with time. I wonder what'll happen if I get a six.
[2 + 1] – You try and learn more about messing with time, but you don't seem to learn a whole heck of a lot. In fact, you think maybe you should find a way out of there soon. You manage to learn how to walk slowly while holding the time threads.

I go threw the door
[6] – You shove all the bodies out of the way of the door, opening it to a forest... that is sideways. You jump in anyway, landing on your back. Suddenly, sonerohi lands on your stomach.

I open the door and step through.
[3] – You go to open the door, but the door opens itself first! On the other side, you see Kashyyk... standing at an odd angle. He jumps in through the door sideways, falling onto the ground.

I run to the canyon room, and jump down the canyon.
[6] – You run at an incredible speed, sprinting through the mirrored hallway, gravity room, up the walls into the first room and into the canyon room in a matter of almost a minute. You then jump down into the canyon! [1 + 1] You miss the bodies, colliding right into the floor! [4 – 1 – 1] You manage to crunch legs legs to ½ their original size! You then jump through the open door, landing on Kashyyk. {Super Speed: Can run up walls} {Scrunched Legs: -1 to dodge}

NPC Actions:
Shadow Dragon [4] – The Shadow Dragon attacks the Fire Elemental! [Shadow Dragon: 5 + 1 – 2 – 1]/[Fire Elemental: 5] The Shadow Dragon swipes at the small Fire Elemental. [Shadow Dragon: 4 + 1 + 2]/[Fire Elemental: 4 + 1 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT ATTACK!) The Dragon hits the Fire Elemental, smashing it into a wall. The elemental extinguishes!

Challenges:

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 8:50 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten-minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 8:20 PM.

Challenge 9: Light and Dark?
Players: Frelock and Akroma
Frelock and Akroma both appear in a black and white world. Frelock is slightly faster than Akroma at adjusting to the new world, and is able to get to Akroma. He raises his Swiss Army Knife Hand and swings, only to freeze within centimeters of her face. Frelock and Akroma can't seem to move, as if somebody had frozen them both.
A voice rings out, “The key and the lock are now present, but where is the door?”
Another voice answers the first, “I thought the door was on its way.”
The first voice replies, “It's impossible now. The key is changed. It's been warped.”
Second voice: “What about the wisher? He might be able to make a new key.”
First: “No. It'd never work.”
Second: “The whole set is messed up. We may need to start all over.”
First: “There seems to be a new lock forming... Odd.”
Second: “And the key to that one is clearly untainted.”
First: “I suppose, but there's hardly any time.”
A new third voice sounds out. “What do we do with these ones?”
First: “Hmm... We'll let them fight it out. Whoever survives will be allowed back into the zoo.”
Reality seems to begin letting you move again. Akroma pushes out of the way of the knife and stands up.

Challenge 11: The Full Moon
Players: Everyone!
Full Moon Roll (1-8)
[1] – The Full Moon DOES appear this turn!

Challenge 12: Escaped!
Players: Frelock, Dark, and Boksi
Frelock explored around a bit, looking for anything he could find. After a few minutes of finding nothing, Dark and Boksi appear! Boksi appeared to have a knife still in his chest. Dark looked around, finally seeing Frelock.
“Where are we?”

Challenge 13: Shadow Dragon
Players: Boogerman, Jay Kayell, and anyone else that makes it to the gravity room.
Amulet Roll

[Boksi: N/A, Dark: N/A, Boogerman: 3, Shadow Queen: 1 – 2] – Boksi and Dark disappear from sight. The Shadow Queen lets out a horrible scream, whether it was from Dewprism or the Amulet is unknown, but Boogerman stands in the room, shielded by his immense glowing. Emerging forth is a dragon, darker than anything imaginable. It eyes glow red, with black teeth razor-sharp. Its wings fold outward from its body, crashing through the walls of the room. On the other side are a bunch of Shadows. The Shadow Dragon lets loose a loud roar, just as a bunch of scorpions followed by Jay Kayell appear. All the Shadows start to rush Boogerman. The dragon seems to be cancelling out the brightness of Boogerman.

Challenge 14: The Shadow World
Players: Boogerman, Jay Kayell, Akroma, and anyone else in the Zoo.
Suddenly, it feels as though all the rooms in the Zoo suddenly turn dark. Jay Kayell and rest of the scorpions are taken over by the darkness. The Shadow Dragon is no longer injured, completely healed. The only person unaffected is Boogerman, whose fire aura protects him from the Shadows. The fire shields shatter around the others, dissipating into the darkness.
As the darkness starts to appear, Nirur Torir thinks it'd be a good idea to leave, and goes out through the door in the canyon. Dark closes the door behind Nirur Torir.
Akroma walks into the gravity room, unaffected by the darkness, to see the Shadow Dragon, Shadow Jay Kayell, and Shadow Scorpion Army fighting Boogerman. The Shadow Dragon turns toward Akroma, and then swings his giant tail at Akroma, destroying the possible threat to his reign as the ruler of this Shadow World.

Status Rolls:
Cheeetar [2] – The bleeding worsens. {Serious Bleeding: -1 to checks}

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death. In a forest.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife. In a forest.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In a forest. Right hand covered in black stuff. Injured legs. Holding Dewprism.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the gravity room. Scorpion General. Has a Fire Shield. Four broken legs. Under Shadow Dragon's control.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. Glowing brightly. In the gravity room. Has a small fire elemental. Has a Fire Shield.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In the gravity room. Holding a gun. Has mini shadow minions. Has a strange Device.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In a forest. Can hold time back. Time Novice.
Cheeetar: Naked. Has Minor Levitation. Can summon Shadow Spikes. King of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a forest. Bleeding moderately. Wielding Attuned Shadow Sword. Wielding Attuned Shadow Shield.
sonerohi: A ghost. Beat Death. No arms. In a forest. Tiny Iron Golem.

NPC Status:
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Covered in black stuff. Has Fire Shields. Severely Weakened. Under Shadow Dragon's control.
Shadow Dragon: Giant Shadow Dragon. Can summon Shadow Spikes. One with Shadows. Mad with Fury.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped. Nirur Torir's knife is on the ground.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. The room is covered in burns. The bottom of the canyon has a door.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.
The forest:
The forest is filled with pine trees and other coniferous trees. There is a door standing randomly in the forest. The door opens to the bottom of the canyon.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 24, 2008, 12:05:38 pm »

Nothing shall stand in my path

I send a metal spike right thorugh the dragons head
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 21 and The World Falls In Shadow!
« Reply #412 on: December 24, 2008, 12:54:48 pm »

I guess Kashyyk took me out of the Zoo as well? Useful. For my turn, I'll help Kashyyk's roll.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 24, 2008, 03:07:33 pm »

I just got me a super cool power der. Let's see... if possible to use it this way, I'd like to circle a tree a couple of times, then zip up the side and grab a spot at the top of the tree that affords me a good view of the forest. If not, then I'll see if I can massage my legs out to a non-crunched up state.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 24, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »

I push the button to get back into the control room, and try to remember how to shut down the shadows.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 24, 2008, 07:03:12 pm »

I order my army to physically merge with me, so that we may become useful to our new master.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 24, 2008, 08:09:41 pm »

Against my better judgement... I heal Cheetar completely. Having the Shadow King on the side of light would make for some kind of epic.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 24, 2008, 09:07:29 pm »

Bah! He is nothing but an usurper! All hail the Shadow Dragon!

It would be easier if he had a proper name though... I'm gonna name him George.

All hail George!
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2008, 05:05:54 am »

I summon a Shadow Steed. I shall ride into battle for balance in the world.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 26, 2008, 12:32:07 am »

I guess Kashyyk took me out of the Zoo as well? Useful. For my turn, I'll help Kashyyk's roll.
You left out the door. It's in C14
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41