Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77675 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 19 and The Full Moon Is Coming! (One Spot Open!)
« Reply #390 on: December 19, 2008, 08:51:54 pm »

As long as you swear not to kill me or Frelock, we're on the same side then.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 19, 2008, 11:20:56 pm »

I promise nothing. I'll wait until whichever side starts winning and join them.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2008, 12:25:56 am »

Turn 19!

I attempt to summon up a shadow sword and shield.
[4] – You manage to materialize a sword and a shield into your hands. {Shadow Sword: -1 to accuracy, +1 to attack} {Shadow Shield: -1 to dodge, +1 to damage}

I call forth angels, God, whatever to stop the full moon coming out.
[1] – You yell out for angels and gods, but no one answers you. Maybe there's simply no way to stop the moon... [6] No, there isn't, but you suddenly seem to know something. You run and look over into the canyon, and see that it doesn't end. [4] You nearly stumble over the edge, catching yourself just in time. Then you remember you can't die, and jump in anyway! You reach the bottom faster than you expected, landing on some dead cavemen. Underneath them, you see a door.

I'll inhabit my tiny little golem (posess it!) and, if thats a free action, then I'll run my stubby little legs as fast as they go in order to get into the room Nirur Torir is in.
[2] – You manage to possess it, but don't get the hang of moving just yet. {Tiny Iron Golem: +1 to dodge, -1 to damage, -1 to accuracy, -1 to damage}

Hmm. I'm sorta split between learning how to eat souls to revive myself, and practicing playing with time.
Oh, alright, practicing my newfound time manipulation power to save the world it is.

Guys, please hurry up and end the war with the shadows, I'm not sure how many different ways I can say "I keep slowing down time" before it is considered a repeat move and I spawn a mini-black hole on myself.
[4] – You manage to learn how to grab the little time threads better. {Time Novice: +1 to holding time}

Well, we're out, I hope, so the war with the shadows no longer concerns us (maybe?).  We should probably get into good shape, and then move through the door.

For this turn, I'll help dark heal me and himself.  If I could clean the paint of my swiss-army hand while I'm doing maintenance on my body, that would be great too.
[3] – You let Dark heal you while you clean off the paint. You manage to get most of it off, but it just doesn't look as cool as it used to. {No more mysterious bonuses}

I attack the dragon once again. My army continues their assault on the shadows.
[1] – You jump at the Shadow Dragon, only to realize it's rushing right at you! (-2 to accuracy) [1 – 2 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 6 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE ACCURACY!) You collide right into the dragon, not even managing to land a blow. The dragon raises its tail! [Shadow Dragon: 3 + 1 – 2]/[1 + 1 – 1] You're still a bit woozy from the collision, unable to dodge the dragon's tail! [Shadow Dragon: 3 – 1 + 1 + 2]/[3 – 2 + 2] The dragon's tail smashes straight down with thundering force! It manages to even dent your armor, but not enough to do too much. You realize two of your legs is broken, but that doesn't slow you down too much. {Dented Armor: -1 to dodge, +1 to damage} {Two broken legs: -1 to dodge}

Scorpion Army
[1] – Your army fairs little better than you, being overwhelmed at these more powerful Shadows. (-2 to accuracy) [4 – 2]/[Shadows: 2 + 1] It doesn't help that they're watching you be beaten on by the dragon. [2 – 1]/[Shadows: 4 + 1] The Shadows aren't taking any more damage from the scorpions. The scorpions seem to be afraid of these stronger shadows. {Shadowphobia: -1 to accuracy, -1 to dodge against Shadows}

The size of my minions doesn't matter

all that matter is how hard I punish them should they fail to meet my demands.

I order them to build a palace of darkness for me.
[3] – You order them to start working. You then sit back and watch them, spinning the gun around your finger.

Mini Shadow Minions
[3] – They manage to get part of the bottom floor finished.

Awesome!

Alright, I'll heal up Frelock's arm as best as I can. If I've got time left over I try fix up my legs a bit too. I need those legs in working and dodging order before the end of the world comes.

Frelock, got any ideas on what we should do?
[6 + 1 (Event Bonus)] – You touch Frelock's arm, suddenly healing him. You suddenly hear a voice in your head!

I have been watching you, young one. You seem the most likely of the Zoolians to choose. Do you see the door there? Yes, of course you do. Inside is the entrance to the Zoo. Or rather, the exit. You must go inside and help the others escape, for they have little time left. With my power, you can heal others, including yourself. You must save the ti—them all.

At that, the voice stops talking. {Healer: +3 to healing others}

Boogerman (AI Mode! – [1] – Summon Fire Shields around everyone!) [6] – Boogerman summons flaming shields around the scorpions, Jay Kayell, his fire elemental, and himself! {Fire Shield: +1 to damage, +1 to attack, -1 to accuracy of opponent}

NPC Actions:
Shadow Dragon [1] – The dragon tries to rip the tail off Jay Kayell! [Shadow Dragon:4 – 2 + 1 - 2]/[Jay Kayell: 2 + 1 – 1 – 1] Jay tries his hardest to dodge the blind dragon's attacks! [Shadow Dragon: 4 – 2 + 1 + 2]/[Jay Kayell: 4 – 2 + 1] Jay takes some more blows, wearing out his armor and breaking more legs! He takes off the armor. {No armor} {Four broken legs: -2 to dodge}

Shadows [6] – The Shadows continue to attack the scorpions. [Shadows: 2 + 2]/[Scorpion Army: 3 – 1] The scorpions are too scared to dodge properly. [Shadows: 2]/[Scorpion Army: 4 – 1] Luckily, most of the scorpions are unharmed.

Challenges:

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 8:50 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten-minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 8:20 PM.

Challenge 9: Light and Dark?
Players: Frelock and Akroma
Frelock and Akroma both appear in a black and white world. Frelock is slightly faster than Akroma at adjusting to the new world, and is able to get to Akroma. He raises his Swiss Army Knife Hand and swings, only to freeze within centimeters of her face. Frelock and Akroma can't seem to move, as if somebody had frozen them both.
A voice rings out, “The key and the lock are now present, but where is the door?”
Another voice answers the first, “I thought the door was on its way.”
The first voice replies, “It's impossible now. The key is changed. It's been warped.”
Second voice: “What about the wisher? He might be able to make a new key.”
First: “No. It'd never work.”
Second: “The whole set is messed up. We may need to start all over.”
First: “There seems to be a new lock forming... Odd.”
Second: “And the key to that one is clearly untainted.”
First: “I suppose, but there's hardly any time.”
A new third voice sounds out. “What do we do with these ones?”
First: “Hmm... We'll let them fight it out. Whoever survives will be allowed back into the zoo.”
Reality seems to begin letting you move again. Akroma pushes out of the way of the knife and stands up.

Challenge 11: The Full Moon
Players: Everyone!
Full Moon Roll (1-9)
[2] – The Full Moon DOES NOT appear this turn!

Challenge 12: Escaped!
Players: Frelock, Dark, and Boksi
Frelock explored around a bit, looking for anything he could find. After a few minutes of finding nothing, Dark and Boksi appear! Boksi appeared to have a knife still in his chest. Dark looked around, finally seeing Frelock.
“Where are we?”

Challenge 13: Shadow Dragon
Players: Boogerman, Jay Kayell, and anyone else that makes it to the gravity room.
Amulet Roll

[Boksi: N/A, Dark: N/A, Boogerman: 3, Shadow Queen: 1 – 2] – Boksi and Dark disappear from sight. The Shadow Queen lets out a horrible scream, whether it was from Dewprism or the Amulet is unknown, but Boogerman stands in the room, shielded by his immense glowing. Emerging forth is a dragon, darker than anything imaginable. It eyes glow red, with black teeth razor-sharp. Its wings fold outward from its body, crashing through the walls of the room. On the other side are a bunch of Shadows. The Shadow Dragon lets loose a loud roar, just as a bunch of scorpions followed by Jay Kayell appear. All the Shadows start to rush Boogerman. The dragon seems to be cancelling out the brightness of Boogerman.

Status Rolls:
Boksi [5 – 1] – The bleeding slows itself. {Moderate bleeding: -1 to damage rolls}

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death. At the bottom of the canyon.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife. In a forest.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In a forest. Right hand covered in black stuff. Injured legs. Holding Dewprism.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the gravity room. Scorpion General. Has a Fire Shield. Four broken legs.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. Glowing brightly. In the gravity room. Has a small fire elemental. Has a Fire Shield.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a white and black world. Holding a gun. Has mini shadow minions.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the canyon room. Can hold time back. Time Novice.
Cheeetar: Naked. Has Minor Levitation. Can summon Shadow Spikes. King of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a forest. Bleeding moderately. Wielding Shadow Sword. Wielding Shadow Shield.
sonerohi: A ghost. Beat Death. No arms. In the mirrored hallway(?). Tiny Iron Golem.

NPC Status:
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Covered in black stuff. Has Fire Shields.
Shadow Dragon: Giant Shadow Dragon. Can summon Shadow Spikes. One with Shadows. Blind. Mad with Fury.
Shadow Dragon Shadow Army: Stronger Shadows.
Small fire elemental: Has a Fire Shield.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped. Nirur Torir's knife is on the ground.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. The room is covered in burns. The bottom of the canyon has a door.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.
The forest:
The forest is filled with pine trees and other coniferous trees. There is a door standing randomly in the forest.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:01:42 am by webadict »

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 20 and Kashyyk Found Something!
« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2008, 01:36:39 am »

I command my elemental to attack the dragon, then I fry the shadows around the shadow dragon.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 20, 2008, 03:12:36 am »

I adorn my shadow equipment with some of my blood, making it look cooler and more attuned to me.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 20, 2008, 03:45:01 am »

Dark, go and get the others, don't worry about my arm.  Wait, my arm's healed, right?  Status update needed.

I meditate on the state of things, trying to put together the pieces in order to get a clear picture of what is going on.  Who are these voices?  Where are they coming from?  What are the shadows?  What is the zoo?  Who was the crazy man whom Akroma killed?  What is the significance of the Door, Lock, and Key?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 20, 2008, 05:22:57 am »

As my minions work on my lair, time to find a way out of here. I attempt to create a portal that leads out of the black and white world
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 20, 2008, 07:48:53 am »

I'll continue playing with time. I wonder what'll happen if I get a six.

My status does not say Time Novice yet.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 20, 2008, 09:26:48 am »

I open the door and step through.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 20, 2008, 11:58:18 am »

I absorb the shadow dragon to steal its power. My army will distract it to make it easier for me to do so.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 20, 2008, 07:23:50 pm »

I run to the canyon room, and jump down the canyon. Anyways, a question or eight. First off, my no arms thing says 'see artifacts', but there be nothing there. Second off, can I use the golem's arms? third, the two -1 to damages on my golem, I assume one is for attacking damage and the other is for how well I take damage? Shouldn't being made completely out of iron help to protect me?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 20, 2008, 08:36:05 pm »

Okay, well, I'll fix everything. Sorry about all the syntax errors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 20, 2008, 08:48:08 pm »

I run to the canyon room, and jump down the canyon. Anyways, a question or eight. First off, my no arms thing says 'see artifacts', but there be nothing there. Second off, can I use the golem's arms? third, the two -1 to damages on my golem, I assume one is for attacking damage and the other is for how well I take damage? Shouldn't being made completely out of iron help to protect me?
1. Fix'd
2. No, since you're inhabiting the piece of metal, as opposed to having a mechanical arm.
3. No. You're hollow and very, VERY malleable.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2008, 11:16:11 am »

D'awww..... oh well, the turns go on. I have a feeling I'll turn into more of a tiny iron lump once I'm done falling, eh?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 22, 2008, 05:12:46 am »

I go threw the door
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41