Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Orcs: More things to kill - Now for DF2010!  (Read 150509 times)

dabbling builder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Orcs: More things to kill
« Reply #375 on: May 15, 2009, 02:19:27 pm »

Well first siege came in, crushed it through underhanded use supports and levers.

Second siege comes in, i try and drown it because i only have 14 dwarves vs their 35 orcs, the leader swims out of the pool, through the river, and up my well and proceeds to slaughter my fortress.

All in all, just what i needed from a mod, good job  ;D

P.S. The orcs in this world managed to tear the elves to shreds, leaving many ruins in place, and only one group of humans survived in the world. The orcs seem to have regained their honor since the last group of pansies.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 22, 2009, 08:48:40 am »

Orcs should only war against elves and humans.

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 22, 2009, 10:44:26 am »

Can I butcher their corpses? I would like to make some Orc leather quivers.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 22, 2009, 11:05:41 am »

Has anyone managed to fix the friendly orc when reclaiming problem?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 22, 2009, 01:15:04 pm »

Unfortunately, no, since that's an issue with DF itself. There are rumors that they will go properly hostile during the first invasion, but I've never tested it.

Can I butcher their corpses? I would like to make some Orc leather quivers.

You'd have to add allowing Dwarves to eat sapiants to the raws (and then regen), but it should work then.

In adventure mode, you may also be able to get orc leather quivers from the Elves if you give the elves leatherworking.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2009, 04:03:44 pm »

Unfortunately, no, since that's an issue with DF itself. There are rumors that they will go properly hostile during the first invasion, but I've never tested it.

I was messing around the other day in DF, and I embarked in an orc fortress with the idea of collapsing all of their towers. Of course, they were all Friendly. When the first orc invasion came, however, all of them immediately turned hostile -I think that this would work the same way in reclaim mode too, but I'm not 100% sure.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2009, 09:53:33 am »

I'm starting to get scared of these guys just looking at legends. In one war, they outnumbered ELVES. That is a problem, considering they also drove the last Dwarf civ to live in a glacier.

This is gonna be so much FUN!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 24, 2009, 03:43:20 pm »

Domas Shemzimesh Shasarzolak Onul: Legendary Wrestler, Legendary Swordsdwarf, Legendary Shield User, Professional Armor User. Singlehandedly killed 10+ Orcs during a siege. Mother of 9.

Akkristor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 24, 2009, 10:56:53 pm »

It doesn't matter anyhow. The first batch of idiots are either just living meatsack target practice for your lone Marksdwarf, or they end up leaving the map because you don't show your face.

Next siege come, you might actually come out and FIGHT.  :P
I normally have the walls next to my front door have fortifications dug into them, so i can not show my face and still kill 'em.

When they start to leave, i simply unlock the door and they run back.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2009, 03:18:51 pm »

So I followed the instructions, and put the three files in the raws/objects folder. I then genned a world from scratch, and started my fortress. This is on 40d11, in case this matters.

I'm now in my 4th year, and not the slightest hint of an Orc. I have a population of about 80, I have my dungeon master but not a Baron yet...Any ideas as to why my fortress isn't dead yet? I had such a lovely water trap built too, my first one ever to actually work and not flood my entire fortress, that I was saving for the Orcs in the first winter...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:28:34 pm by Elvin »

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2009, 10:59:17 am »

Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally designed image of the nameless orc by Stakud Bidokrakust. The nameless orc is burning. The artwork relates to the heat-induced death of the nameless orc in Glorybattles in the midwinter of 205 during Ushykuquyjyvabato, 'The Dented Siege'.

Ah, magma flood traps.
(Engraving edited to place 'nameless orc' in where the missing name was. I don't care enough to do the tweaking needed for named orcs.)

Edit: Oh yeah, two more things I haven't seen before that I got with this fort:
1) Goblin siege short enough that I got an orc siege in the same season. It was still early [season] (forget which season) when the goblins were dead
2) Human siege after I'd traded with them several times. I think their caravan being attacked by orcs and having their diplomat killed by orcs was the cause for this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:08:15 am by Grath »

avari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2009, 02:18:46 pm »

I'm also having problems with the Orcs, namely that they don't show up :(

I just finished my third summer. Current population is (capped at) 50, wealth 300k, exported wealth 30k. The Orcs did show up in the embark screen with the "-----" marking. There can't be a goblin ambush in the way either, since the Orcs wiped out the goblin civilization during worldgen :P

I wonder if there's any way to figure out why they won't dignify my fort with a visit.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2009, 03:28:10 pm »

They do have acess, right? Trust me, they *will* pay you a visit sooner or later. Try trading alot all at once, that may help. Or getting a ridiculously valuable artifact.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2009, 09:25:15 pm »

I decided to try this mod in my latest fort and I must say, those orcs sure are tough! Twice orc sieges have torn through my base and annihilated my decently-trained military; the second time they occupied a large portion of my base for a long time, with my survivors scurrying about in unoccupied districts trying to acquire food, water, and saving other survivors. Fun.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2009, 03:44:30 am »

Orcs are good for me.  They don't seem to like attacking as much as they should (IE, at all), but love to trade.  Lots of meat and low-priced leather every couple of years, good stuff.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37