Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: NationStates 2  (Read 10809 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NationStates 2
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 03:59:30 pm »

I propose that all of us adopt the ☼ as our national currency. Gotta give it a name though :P

I'm in charge of the Dictatorship of Polanius on World 60.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 05:26:16 pm »

I read this thread a couple of days ago and thought NationStates looked pretty cool, I'm now the king of Newtsland, world 60.  I'm looking forward to the war systems on the horizon, perhaps if we get enough people in our alliance we could rule all world 60 some day...  ;) assuming there's any kind of max nation limit for each world.
Fefeshnelmargalip

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 05:43:34 pm »

There seems to be a limit, since the other world I am in became unavailable.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 06:11:46 pm »

Lol, the Bay 12 Alliance looks like the biggest in world 60 anyway. With our genius and a bunch of goblin slaves, nothing can stop us!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 06:38:01 pm »

Pft, you are all my slaves, you dirty dorfs!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 06:49:44 pm »

Behold, Penguinia, the land of freezing and ice. The citizens receive news on inscribed blocks of ice because paper gets too soggy in the snow, which happens to be our currency. Snowflakes. The colder it gets, the more money we have. It's brilliant.

Also, our motto is "Freezing is Fun" and our capital is Silverdale, after Toady's hometown. I had to stick a couple DF references in.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 03:20:41 pm »

Several (about seven) small, pick-wielding men with a penchant for pale, sleepy women have emigrated here

wait.....
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 03:27:04 pm »

So which game do you like better, NationStates2 or eRepublik?  I'm playing both, but I kind of like NationState2 more.  I really like the daily decisions and how it affects your country description.  working and training in eRepublik is kind of lame.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 03:55:56 pm »

I don't play eRetardpublic anymore. =p

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 04:57:23 pm »

erepublik seems WAY too slow paced to hold my interest for long sadly. Nothing interesting really seems to happen on a day-to-day basis.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 06:16:19 pm »

Is any World open that have one you's in it?
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 07:43:37 pm »

Ah come on! eRepulik has Emperor Rockman9! Rockman9! He's far better than our previous Emperors, Rockman8, Rockman7, Rockman6...

And don't you love the collective farms? Where you create tasty food by writing entire essays on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and get you lovable wages that you throw away to buy back the food that you just created? How fun!

...Okay, okay. I'll resurrect my old nation, Servant Corps...if I ever get time and somehow suppress my irrational hatred of Nationstates1, especially the UN drama. If I do get in, I'll sell indentured servants. These servants are for yours to use for the life of the contract...as long as you follow international law of course. Speaking of which, I wonder if anybody in the Bay12Games alliance is inside the new Nationstates2 UN? It's supposed to be better than the Nationstates1 UN becuase it can now raise a military and use it to intervene in conflicts...

If so, be careful about trying to take over World60...unless you get a way to convince the international community that all those other countries are conducting horrible human right abuses. Unless the game mechanic states that the only consquence of getting defeated by a huge empire is getting sent into the ideal utopian society known as "Anarchy". Then don't even bother invading at all.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:51:13 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 10:19:31 pm »

Yeaaaaaah... I burnt out on NS1 pretty hard. I don't think I can fire myself up to play NS2. Especially since unlike y'all I have yet to extricate myself from eRepublik. Gah. One of these blasted things is bad enough.

ERep is definitely slower-paced, though. And it takes a ton of active involvement to really effect change, if even then you do.

/sigh

Bloody timesink...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2008, 02:19:06 am »

I've been playing eRepublik, and I don't really get it. It works nice and all, but I feel like a bit of dirt being tossed around. At least with NationStates 2, I feel like a true leader, who has to suck up to other bigger nations for political reasons :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2008, 02:56:18 pm »

Signed up as Sokara in world 64 a few days ago.

Has anyone taken an indepth look into thier economies?

For the moment, my nation produces everything but energy and defense, which I don't need...for the moment heh.

Sheep=Food, Clothing
Scooters=Transportation, Entertainment
Minerals=Medical, Materials
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5